Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ Rose Bar in New York (Feb 14, 2010) [incl Axl in NYC news articles]  (Read 60340 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »

One.In.A.Million.. I'm upset that he said surprise gigs for the rest of us but that's really not what they are. Im a pig in shit that axl is on twitter.

And I am not "complaining" just stating how I feel about the shows. I am not negative and I support the band as much as the next person. But I am a person with emotion and I like to express how I feel.

I understand your point of view, but when he said " for the rest of you, surprise gigs coming ", I think your misinterpreting it, he just meant it as to let us know and for us to follow them, and get pics etc. If your expecting a process where tickets go on sale and GN'R fans can witness the shows, they wouldn't be a surprise would they?.  hihi

Lee
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:26 PM »

I think with the internet, the surprise gigs are for all of us cause we get to see it on Youtube for the most part.

Axl could be a dick and not allow such boots.

GNR are active.. i have no complaints. As bad as I want a US tour, as long as they are playing somewhere, I am fine.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »

Quit your complaining at least 1 of us got to see another special show. Sexkitten I salute you - an awesome story and I look forward to seeing your pics. You rule  ok

GREG

ps sorry to pre-empt but trying to stay awake here (1:30am) and couldn't wait for you to re-post!!

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »

I don't think the "for the rest of you" meant we were all invited to the gigs...

I think it was more about the majority of the post being aimed at one person and that last part aimed at the rest of us....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nomad
Opening Act

Drifter

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2010, 08:30:42 PM »

One.In.A.Million.. I'm upset that he said surprise gigs for the rest of us but that's really not what they are. Im a pig in shit that axl is on twitter.

And I am not "complaining" just stating how I feel about the shows. I am not negative and I support the band as much as the next person. But I am a person with emotion and I like to express how I feel.

I understand your point of view, but when he said " for the rest of you, surprise gigs coming ", I think your misinterpreting it, he just meant it as to let us know and for us to follow them, and get pics etc. If your expecting a process where tickets go on sale and GN'R fans can witness the shows, they wouldn't be a surprise would they?.  hihi

Lee

I get what you are saying too. But other bands do surprise gigs for just fans and that is what I thought was going to happen..

And Jarmo I understand that.. I was thinking it would be more of a few club shows rather than private bar shows. But something is better than nothing.

Also I guess you are right about that whole post on mygnr hihi

The only one in the game that's lost is you
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »

I so wish I could've been in the know about these NYC shows...would be a dream to be there.  But listen, GN'R playing live is always a positive.  And when you think about it, they are playing these intimate shows for a lot of trendsetters, which   could influence more positively how they are perceived by the masses in the future.  I just hope they get to announcing some US dates soon!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:44 PM »

Im confident if Axl knew I had 20k plus posts, I'd instantly be admitted anywhere rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2010, 08:41:43 PM »

Its all cool, guys, I would a loved to go out myself to the shows, but I take it for what it is, Axl said he was gonna do "surprise gigs" they have . The band is having fun, friends I know were at one or two, I don't feel bad for not being there, nor feel as if I was owed it . As a fan Im just damn happy they are "re birthing" so to speak, and showing people they are a band. I doubt most people cared back when in 87 I saw them at , CBGBs, Sundance. Ritz,, Scrap Bar... etc.. These shows just really prove they are serious. Its that the band cares about the die hards to let them know they are doin these things, as opposed to doin them strictly for them self, and not saying. oh wait cause than people would complain and bitch, cause they played shows to only "certain", blah blah never ending cycle with some of you.  

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »

I love the fact that they are doing these little shows, it means there's a slight possibility that they're all getting together writing and recording insanely good music Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

Guns N' Roses Rock Star-Studded Secret Show in New York

Posted on Feb 15th 2010 5:45PM

Flashbulbs popped, tequila flowed and a cool crowd including Russell Simmons, Dita Von Teese, Mickey Rourke, Adrian Grenier, Chlo? Sevigny, Strokes' Fabrizio Moretti and other assorted models and musicians let loose last night at swanky Nur Khan's Rose Bar in New York's Gramercy Park Hotel, where Guns N' Roses played a secret, invite-only show.

The surreal soir?e was GN'R's second unannounced New York Fashion Week appearance in the past few days. (Thursday they played the John Varvatos store, former site of CBGBs).

Hitting the stage after 1:30AM with 'You're Crazy,' notorious frontman Axl Rose and his new GN'R musicians bedazzled the small, jam-packed room with an hour-and-a-half of classics, as well as newer material from 'Chinese Democracy.'

Songs like 'Welcome to the Jungle,' 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door,' 'Mr. Brownstone,' 'Patience,' and 'Sweet Child O' Mine' jetted us into a rock 'n' roll fantasy, where booze is the fountain of youth, cigarettes are good for you, and sex is the engine of everything. (It was a good place to be for a night.)

"Is this really happening," slurred an awe-stricken lass who, to get a better view, had stumbled up beside me onto a red velvet platform fashioned from Rose Bar's elegant billiard table. While the sophisticated crowd was hardly wide-eyed, drunk girl summed up the overall vibe. There we were in a gorgeous space designed by Julian Schnabel, Warhol art on the walls, being entertained by larger-than-life legends sweating bullets just a few feet away, close enough for inappropriate eye contact. Sure, there was some inevitable pushing, shoving and posturing, but overall there were probably more smiles in that one room than most attendees had ever seen in a New York bar.

On stage was the "new" Guns N' Roses in all its glory, including bassist Tommy Stinson (formerly of the Replacements) and songwriting guitarist DJ Ashba, who has a big top hat to fill and rises to the occasion in terms of both charisma and guitar riffs. (He's also written and produced for Motley Crue.) Tattooed and shirtless beneath his vest and rocking more eyeliner than Lady Gaga, like the rest of the band, Ashba works the sexy LA glam look to the max, flirting with self-caricature but somehow never quite crossing that line. Yet mustachioed Axl was, of course, the main attraction. Sporting a cowboy hat, shades, and velveteen jacket, he didn't talk much. He didn't have to, his melodic caterwaul and snakelike dance moves said it all.

Love him or hate him, Axl is a rock star. So, as we do with all icons, we forgive them their attitudes, bad behavior, and tragic flaws -- allegedly banning Slash-related attire at a recent stadium concert in Saskatchewan, hitting the stage hours late in Toronto -- as long as they deliver when it counts.

After the final bangs of 'Paradise City,' the band disappeared and the crowd fled, heading, probably, to various after-parties and leaving an empty room strewn -- literally -- with broken glass and rose petals.

Spinner

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »

Some more really nice pictures from the secret Rose Bar show, Axl and the band look awesome as usual.  Grin

Photo Credits : Jamie McCarthy / Getty images.

Lee
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »

AUDIO (MP3) AND VIDEO (MP4)

Paradise City & Knockin' On Heaven's Door

http://freakshare.net/files/7r9p6kfn/2010-02-15---Rose-Bar--New-York.rar.html

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »

awesome and thanks much!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »

Used To Love Her (AUDIO & VIDEO)

http://freakshare.net/files/hs5z0ts2/2010-02-15-UTLH-AUDIO-VIDEO.rar.html

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 11:20:11 PM »

And before someone says I am not owed anything.. Axl shouldn't pull a double talkin' jive move and tell us about gigs that we can't get into.. It's wrong.

peace

No matter what you think you know, fans do get to attend these shows.

Unfortunately in a place like New York, not every local GN'R fan can attend an intimate show with a capacity of 100-200. It's common sense.

/jarmo

Yeah I do know fans were there. Cause most had to sneak in. The rest were kicked out. Some were very lucky to get in. But most were kicked out before the show even started. Plus these shows are for fashion week parties, it's not like they were for fans which is what I and others thought from his post on mygnr andGNR's twitter. There is still time so I hope Axl decides to play for the fans who really want to have that kind of experience.

Lets say there's at least 25 000 people in New York who would like to attend this kind of show, it would take Axl 125 nights to please those 25 000.  So basically.....impossible.  And that if it's 200 people places.

Missing the point.. Not asking for everyone and their mother to get a show. But one or two shows where it's just fans of the band. So basically it's possible.

I see both sides:

On the one hand I'm glad GnR R active, havin fun & doin these gigs & of course there's no way for all hardcore GnR fans to get to see them, but it would be nice If more hardcore fans were at least given some chance of seeing these small gigs.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2010, 11:50:10 PM »

I don't think the "for the rest of you" meant we were all invited to the gigs...

I think it was more about the majority of the post being aimed at one person and that last part aimed at the rest of us....  hihi

/jarmo
Absolutely.  Also knowing that obviously "the rest of us" wouldn't all be able to see the shows, maybe he thought we'd just enjoy the fact that they're out there doing these types of things.  These shows they're playing are "for us" in a sense, even if we're not able to attend.  I'm sure I don't have to remind you of the dead periods we've witnessed over the years.  The band is more active than they've been in years and it appears that's going to continue for awhile.  I wouldn't worry too much about who's able to attend these surprise gigs.  Of course we'd all like to be there.  Hopefully we all get a chance to see the band up close and personal when all is said and done.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2010, 02:00:22 AM »

Just watched the youtube vids and Axl sounds great on KOHD.   Probably one of the best versions I've heard.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:40 AM »

I personally feel upset and used that I was not personally invited, flown first class and given front row seats.  I mean just who in the hell do they think they are?

And after all I have done for them........ Wink

On another note, the band sound tight as fuck and seem to be really enjoying themselves at the moment.

Frankenhooker
Opening Act

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2010, 05:44:30 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/knife_menace_at_guns_show_QM2ZkBJ1Bzz7jqi1BpZGVI

Chaos was narrowly averted at an intimate Guns N' Roses concert when a man with a knife was tackled by ex-Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach.

The mystery man casually pulled out what appeared to be a switchblade knife as he walked into the packed and uber-exclusive "Nur Khan's Rose Bar Sessions" at the Gramercy Park Hotel on Sunday.

But Bach, who was standing near the door, immediately got the stranger thrown out of the bash, which was attended by a host of stars including Mickey Rourke.

A witness reports, "The man walked in while Guns N' Roses was onstage and pulled out a knife and flicked the blade out. Sebastian, who was standing on a banquette said: 'Nobody is getting anywhere near my man Axl Rose with a knife,' and went after him. Security then immediately threw him out. The man appeared to be drunk. It was dealt with so quickly that none of the other guests or the band were aware of it."

The private Valentine's Day concert was the hottest ticket in town, with a handpicked crowd including the Strokes' Fabrizio Moretti and Albert Hammond Jr., Ryan Phillippe, Zoe Kravitz, Josh Lucas, Yigal Azrouel and Sophia Bush, who all packed into the Rose Bar for the DeLeon Tequila-sponsored first of Khan's series of intimate concerts.

Guns N' Roses played for two hours for 150 guests, finishing up at 3 a.m. before moving the party upstairs with a group of model and rocker friends until 6 a.m.

When earlier asked by The Post's Brian Niemietz if long metal hair will come back in fashion, Bach said, "If it does, people better start now because it takes seven [bleep]ing years to get it this length." Flaunting his golden locks, Bach added, "And this isn't some Jessica [bleep]ing Simpson hair extensions -- this is the real deal." A rep for the Rose Bar declined to comment.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:49 AM »

fkn go Baz!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: