Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:15:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LOST: The Final Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOST: The Final Season  (Read 21403 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »

Saw last episode yesterday.... So Jin, Sun, Sayid and Lapidus are gone! I would have killed Kated instead!!!Im just tired of her stupid attitude hihi

No story progression at all.  It did however finally, mercifully get rid of the two worst characters on the show (Sun and Jin)

I think the episodes to come until the last one will be pretty much like this one... The story just dont have to much to give except for the ?so what was this island and candidates all about really? and/or what will happen with Jacob (Is he really dead? Who are that boys that the false Locke sometimes see around the island?)

i'm not sure lapidus is gone, we'll also find out about richard and ben, desmond's still alive as well
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »

This show I never fallowed but from the few episodes I have seen its really fucking complicated show.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 06:58:12 AM »

Saw last episode yesterday.... So Jin, Sun, Sayid and Lapidus are gone! I would have killed Kated instead!!!Im just tired of her stupid attitude hihi

No story progression at all.  It did however finally, mercifully get rid of the two worst characters on the show (Sun and Jin)

I think the episodes to come until the last one will be pretty much like this one... The story just dont have to much to give except for the ?so what was this island and candidates all about really? and/or what will happen with Jacob (Is he really dead? Who are that boys that the false Locke sometimes see around the island?)

1) Yup, a bloodbath.  BUT, I'm not sure Lapidus is gone.  I suspect he may still pop up again.

2) To PC...I think there WAS story progression.  It was somewhat subtle, but....think about this:  Their entire interaction with "Not-Locke" was been one huge, elaborate, con.  "Not-Locke" completely out conned Sawyer, the con man.  And "Not-Locke" is about 6 steps ahead of them, because they basically did exactly what he thought they'd do from start to finish.    On top of ALL that, while we all caught the sinister nature of "Not-Locke", there was some ambiguity.  That's now gone.  And finally, Jack has figured out a pretty important piece of information: "Not Locke" can't actually hurt them directly.  And Sawyer is now going to trust Jack to make the decisions again.

3)  There's some more "stuff" they can lay out:  What was the big statue on the island.  What's the source of all this mythology (I think these guys might be Egyptian gods..but we'll see).  What the HELL is going on with the flash sideways (we know it's NOT simply a "what if" through what's going on with Desmond in those scenes....).  And we've only got 2 Tuesday eps before the 2.5 hour (they just expanded it) finale on Sunday the 23rd. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »

I can't believe its gonna be over in about 2 weeks. I think i'm gonna cry for a month or so

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 09:28:55 AM »

And finally, Jack has figured out a pretty important piece of information: "Not Locke" can't actually hurt them directly.  And Sawyer is now going to trust Jack to make the decisions again.

I think the Not-Locke actually cant hurt the "candidates" directly. Thats why Jack asked Sawyer not to touch the bomb, he thought that if they didnt do a thing the bomb wouldnt explote. The Not-Locke surely was counting on one of them trying to dispose the bomb (that way is actually not him but one of the candidates hurting them)

But I may got it wrong  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:30:51 AM by Ignacio » Logged

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »

And finally, Jack has figured out a pretty important piece of information: "Not Locke" can't actually hurt them directly.  And Sawyer is now going to trust Jack to make the decisions again.

I think the Not-Locke actually cant hurt the "candidates" directly. Thats why Jack asked Sawyer not to touch the bomb, he thought that if they didnt do a thing the bomb wouldnt explote. The Not-Locke surely was counting on one of them trying to dispose the bomb (that way is actually not him but one of the candidates hurting them)

that's what pilferk said
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

that's what pilferk said

Dude you are rigth! I read "can" the first time. Sorry pilferk, my bad  Lips Sealed

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

yeah it makes sense, like when the smoke monster didn't kill locke a couple of seasons back
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »

yeah it makes sense, like when the smoke monster didn't kill locke a couple of seasons back
I dont know about that kind of smoke monster but people know of me for being a different kind of smoke monster.   smoking

hihi

Joe

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »

I just hit the unfollow button on Twitter for some random guy who kindly posted the spoiler about Sun, Jin and Sayid. Tongue

Anyways, I think this season isn't really going anywhere. People being killed will be alive in this alternate reality, so it's kinda like "ok, we can kill everyone because they will be ok in the other dimension". And there is way too much talk but little answers, so I think it will all get rushed in the last episode.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »

I just hit the unfollow button on Twitter for some random guy who kindly posted the spoiler about Sun, Jin and Sayid. Tongue

Anyways, I think this season isn't really going anywhere. People being killed will be alive in this alternate reality, so it's kinda like "ok, we can kill everyone because they will be ok in the other dimension". And there is way too much talk but little answers, so I think it will all get rushed in the last episode.

One thing though is certain YOU WILL BE LOST

That should be the slogan for the new season  hihi

Joe

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »

One thing though is certain YOU WILL BE LOST

That should be the slogan for the new season  hihi

Joe
this is the last, and that has been the idea with the whole show
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »

The way I see it, the show has always been about each main characters' exorcising of their personal demons.  On the island, those demons are embodied in the form of Un-Locke.  And just like Un-Locke, those demons can't kill you, they can only conspire against you to make us destroy ourselves.  Jack has finally come to that realization, so his redemption is now in full swing.

Jack's "number" in the cave and the lighthouse was '23'.  Psalm 23 reads:

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 09:52:34 AM »

I hope Hurley gets another chance and Jack gets the fuck off that island. Tongue

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »

I hope Hurley gets another chance and Jack gets the fuck off that island. Tongue

As the self-proclaimed President of the Anti-Jack Brotherhood: I second that!!!

But deep in my soul instead of Hurley I would love to see the real John Locke come back from death in some way...  Grin

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 12:50:53 PM »

Yup, that's exactly what I meant.  Sorry, should have clarified that "them" only counts the candidates.

Evidenced by the fact Not-Locke could shoot Kate.

And don't think his ability to hurt Kate won't rear it's ugly head.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:53:06 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

Well... what do you people think?
I have to say it wasn't what i expected, but it's still very very interesting. I liked the storytelling of this episode. And i dont even think its a bad thing we didn't get all the answers we longed for, cause that wouldn't be LOST.
The only thing i don't understand is: Jacob and his brother supposedly weren't able/allowed to hurt each other. But Jacob killed his brother. But now, when his brother is the smoke thing, they can't hurt each other again.What's with that?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »

The only thing i don't understand is: Jacob and his brother supposedly weren't able/allowed to hurt each other. But Jacob killed his brother. But now, when his brother is the smoke thing, they can't hurt each other again.What's with that?
i guess it wasn't jacob that killed him but that light cave, the episode made the brother more human and easier to understand and kinda made jacob look like a stupid fuck hihi

also, was it the mothers plan all along to have one of the brothers kill her

ok so jacob's brother was the special one but how did he know that if they made some kind of wheel they could move and get off the island

more questions than answers, the irony of the mother telling the brothers "every answer will only lead to more questions" or something like it hihi

it's unfortuneatly still too much magic compared to stuff that makes sense, like the bible Undecided
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »

Hm dont know, cause Jacob smashed his brother down and he fell on those little rocks and it seemed like he was already dead when he was floating into that light thing. Or maybe he was just unconscious. But still he actively lead to his death and in the present they don't seem to be able to kill each other actively, just like Locke can't kill the candidates actively
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:37:34 AM by xBrownstonex » Logged

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

I was totally disappointed in the episode.  I was expecting to learn abou the relationship between Jacob and his brother in terms of the game they has been goping on over thousands of years.  How is it that Jacob can leave the island in modern times and his mother couldn't?  Did the smoke monster kill his brother or is his brother now the smnoke monster?  How did Jacob become so powerful in the present time being able to construct a lughthouse that looks at people's lives off the sland, etc?

I was totally disappointed in the episode for making Jacob basically a dumb ass.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: