Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LOST: The Final Season
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOST: The Final Season  (Read 21489 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

Well, isnt it clear, that the smoke is not Jacob's brother, since his brother rests in peace with his mother now? (Adam and Eve)

And remember when his brother said to Jacob when they were playing that game, that some time he could create his own game with his own rules. Back then it was directed to an actual game but could also be directed at the rules of the island.
When Jacob became the ruler of the island, he made up his own rules which apperently stated, that the smoke can't leave the island unless Jacob is dead. And he could also not kill Jacob directly.

Sometimes you just have to look harder to get your answers.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

Ok guys Im late on this one, sorry  Grin

I think Jacob didnt actually killed his brother. It was more like kinda he "separeted"  his soul from his body... He turned him in a kinda ghost thing I think.... Thats why this guy take possesion of the dead bodies in the island...

About how he know about the wheel stuff... We all know he was special, her "mother" said so. Remember when he grabbed the box game, it was like he learned how to used when he touch it, its kinda a special sense, like a mediun sort of thing...

I liked the episode, it was very cool...

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »

I didn't, it was one of the lamest episodes of the season.

So, suddenly there is this magic light that makes everything and bla bla bla. So, Jacob is just a moron? So, his brother's name is Eyjafjallaj?kull - or else why would nobody ever say it? Tongue

Really, it's not just about curiosity, but to make sense. They NEED to explain a lot and spending an entire episode with such lack of useful information isn't helping at all. I do hope they make it through the next ones, tho.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:34 PM »

my freinds and my wife and i are planning a Lost party for the finale...i just printed out a bunch of labels for Dharma Initiative Beer :haha:  beer

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

I didn't, it was one of the lamest episodes of the season.

So, suddenly there is this magic light that makes everything and bla bla bla. So, Jacob is just a moron? So, his brother's name is Eyjafjallaj?kull - or else why would nobody ever say it? Tongue

Really, it's not just about curiosity, but to make sense. They NEED to explain a lot and spending an entire episode with such lack of useful information isn't helping at all. I do hope they make it through the next ones, tho.

We learned who was Adam and Eva also. A mistery that was standing since the first season.

The Magic Light: Same light we saw Benjamin Linus used with the wheel when he moved the island. This light is nothing new. John lock saw it in the first season also if you dont remember... Back then he said he had seen the heart of the island. Also I think its the same Energy the Dharma was researching of in the island. That condensed electromagnetic shit.

About Jacob being a moron: I think he was a moron. Like everyone else who reached the island. The whole thing in this story I think is about change and struggle with inner demons and insecurity. Jacob seems a lot more mature in the present. Dont forget that what we saw in last episode was like what? 4000 years ago? People grow.

Jacob's no-name brother: This gives him more mistery. Also remember that his real mother didnt actually had a name for him, like he wasnt expected to be born. And also, what so important about his name or not?  hihi

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »

Yeah, but it all seems way too much "magical" then logic now. The eletromagnetic light was ok when it was just something extraordinary, but not an entitity on its own.

Jacob's twin brother was Esau but I don't think they will use it. Maybe he's called 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42. hihi

Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »

Boy... I hate Jack  rant

I hope last episode was just a previous step for blowing up the island leaving just Desmond lol.

Guess we'll have to wait and see... This weekend!  hihi

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

it's almost as surreal that the last episodes is this weekend as when CD was released
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »

I had to watch the last one before Id like too because of the ammount of spoilers on Twitter. I guess I'll have to stay the fuck out of the Twitter this Sunday.

About this last one, seemed way too cheap to bring a bunch of people to the island just because their life sucked. Well, better be sad than dead, I suppose. And I dont think Jack will be the replacement - nothing on Lost is that easy.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 12:27:52 PM »

I had to watch the last one before Id like too because of the ammount of spoilers on Twitter. I guess I'll have to stay the fuck out of the Twitter this Sunday.

About this last one, seemed way too cheap to bring a bunch of people to the island just because their life sucked. Well, better be sad than dead, I suppose. And I dont think Jack will be the replacement - nothing on Lost is that easy.

My guess (wholly unfounded, not spoilered, with no substantial info to back it up) is that Jack is going to end up dead...and someone else (I'm pulling for Hurley, actually) is going to end up the caretaker.

But we'll see.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »

sawyer will meet juliet in some way, that's for sure
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »

Why is that for sure? Or you mean he will meet Juliet in the alternate reality?

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »

of course, they'll "get coffee sometime" remember hear death on the island http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJA_E7jyiYg&feature=related
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »

I am not sure they will met... Was Juliet a Jacob's candidate? It was Ben who brought her to the island so I am not sure she is such a relevant character in this last part of the story.

Hope I'm wrong cause she was the hottest lady in the program!  Grin

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

of course, they'll "get coffee sometime" remember hear death on the island http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJA_E7jyiYg&feature=related
Yeah, I think that makes sense. In fact, it would be really weird if they didn't meet - they all seem to meet at least once in this alt. reality.

she was the hottest lady in the program!  Grin
Nah, the hottest was Shannon (remember the first season?). Smiley

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 07:40:22 PM »

remember juliet and kate all muddy a couple of seasons back drool

best picture i could find, couldn't find it on youtube  Sad
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:46 AM »

I'm not too sure where this is from, and it is ever so slightly annoying that it's out of sync, but it's fantastic nevertheless!

Jacob and MIB in Counselling

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 08:40:57 AM »

Hahaha, that was really funny. Bad synched too. hihi

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 09:02:20 PM »

There's another one that they did that was pretty funny as well. I think that they're both from some TV show... But I don't watch much English television, let alone American!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmiNM5bdZY

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2010, 02:28:13 AM »

Well, what did you guys think about the finale?? Personally, I'm still a bit dazed, still trying to take everything in. For the most part I thorougly enjoyed it--- at least, up until the last ten minutes.

I've been watching Lost since the beginning. I've never missed an episode. I still prefer the first three seasons, but I've always enjoyed the show. I wasn't one of those people demanding answers. I wasn't racking my brain trying to figure everything out. I was just along for the ride.

But now that the show is officially over and there's no next week or next season to answer or redeem or explain or show anything else, I find myself saddened that one of my favorite shows is over, but also incredibly disappointed.

The on-the-island stuff was great. I loved the showdown between Jack and the Locke Monster. I like that the island wasn't just a metaphorical cork but an ACTUAL cork. This has always been Jack's show; his arc has been the greatest. Him becoming the new protector, even though it was short-lived, made sense. The final shot of him closing his eye was also the perfect closing shot, since the first scene ever was of him opening his eye. I like that Hurley now takes over; that also makes sense. Ben finally gets to be important and be the new "Richard." Basically, I loved all the on-the-island stuff.

But the flash-sideways (or afterlife/purgatory/whatever you want to call it now) kinda ruins it a little bit for me. Throughout this season people have complained about the flash-sideways. Every time we flashed to them, I became a bit annoyed, like, 'hurry up and get back to the island stuff, I could care less about this flash-sideways crap.' But once Desmond remembered everything and started trying to find everyone and trigger their memories, the flash-sideways became much more interesting, because they were actually advancing the plot and we were able to tie it in with the characters on the island. And throughout the finale, when the "reveal" kept inching nearer and nearer to the end, I kept expecting something totally amazing, something that was going to blow my mind. But instead we get, "We're all dead! Open up the doors and step into the light! Time to go to heaven!!" This whole sideways shit wasn't even introduced until this season; they didn't even become meaningful to the overall story until halfway through; and then there wasn't even a payoff. They were all dead. Why the hell did we even need to waste our time with that aspect? You can completely eliminate that plot device from this final season, and nothing is lost. Instead of wasting a third of each episode this season on the side-flashes, we could've been spending more time on the island, seeing stuff that actually matters. Instead of the bullshit fake happy ending afterlife crap. And after all the denying that the island or anything on the show had anything to do with purgatory, the writers actually throw in a pointless purgatory aspect of the show in the final season?

Now I'm just hoping for a spin-off series that focuses on Hurley's time as protector of the island.

(One unsolved aspect of the finale that annoys me is Richard: How can Richard get on the plane at the end and fly back to society? The dude's 200 years old. Will he continue to live forever? He had a gray hair in this episode, a sign he may finally be aging. Now that Jacob's dead, and especially now that Richard left the island, what happens to him? I was half expecting them to just show him crumple to dust like a mummy once they left the island.)

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: