Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  LOST: The Final Season
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOST: The Final Season  (Read 21069 times)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »

I really really liked the episode. Enjoyed it as much as the whole show. I'm with Bumble, AxlReznor, CheapJon, xBrownstonex, jacdaniel on this one.

We all want the answers to everything when in reality, thats impossible.

I thought exactly that when Jack enters the building where he found his father and behind them were this window with the religeous symbols on it.

I tought this is all what is about, there are somethings that you just cant learn by yourself. You need other people. Love and be loved by others. Carry each others, friendly, towards the shadows and the fears and that that we just dont know nor understand...

Religion is about that I think. As well as Art and Phylosophy is a tool for "put a name" on that things that we yet dont know how to say. For fighting against our fears, for discovering new things inside us and comprenhend (or at least try to comprenhend) whats inside the ones that surrounds us.

Most TV shows only require a couple of minutes discussion. Lost is a rarity for television... a show that touches on various intellectual, philosophical and spiritual themes that doesn't talk down to its audience and refuses to spoon-feed people every last detail. Makes discussions a lot more interesting, and a lot longer. It will be missed. Haven't felt such loss after the end of a TV show since The X-Files.

Thats what Im talking about man!  ok

I dont really watch TV. Most of the time just soccer and movies. But LOST really touched me.

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2010, 08:09:09 PM »

I cried the 2nd time even more than the first time watching this.

I'm so glad LOST came into my life.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »

Most TV shows only require a couple of minutes discussion. Lost is a rarity for television... a show that touches on various intellectual, philosophical and spiritual themes that doesn't talk down to its audience and refuses to spoon-feed people every last detail. Makes discussions a lot more interesting, and a lot longer. It will be missed. Haven't felt such loss after the end of a TV show since The X-Files.
Don't know if this was ever posted here, but I found this amusing.

http://www.theonion.com/video/final-season-of-lost-promises-to-make-fans-more-an,14394/

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Annie
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »

Thankyou to everyone who helped enlighten me. I think I will watch it again, now that I get what the flash sideways were.
Nostradamus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »

Loved it too.  Here are some unanswered questions.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47:46 AM »

Don't know if this was ever posted here, but I found this amusing.

http://www.theonion.com/video/final-season-of-lost-promises-to-make-fans-more-an,14394/

I saw that just before the season debuted. Hilarious. Grin
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

The Steele household got very misty when Vincent laid down next to Jack so he wouldn't die alone.
Annie
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2010, 11:13:27 PM »

The Steele household got very misty when Vincent laid down next to Jack so he wouldn't die alone.

Thankyou so much to everyone who helped me to understand the side flashes, and what was going on in the story. I just finished watching the finale again. Since I understood what was happening, it made alot more sense. I cried when Sawyer and Juliet reunited, and when Vincent laid down next to Jack. Boone still looked the vampire Damon to me, I think that is waht Ian Somerholder intended. hihi I think it also helped to fast forward the commercials. I hope they put together a big book with lots of pictures and character profiles about the secrets of the island and all of our unanswered questions. It would make millions! ok I really can't thank you guys enough, because LOST was one of my all time fav shows, and this last season was really confusing to me until now.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2010, 06:43:27 AM »

The DVD will include 30 minutes more of material for the finale. Including an epiloughe of the time where hugo is nr1 and ben nr2,
Can't wait!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2010, 07:17:44 AM »

The DVD will include 30 minutes more of material for the finale. Including an epiloughe of the time where hugo is nr1 and ben nr2,
Can't wait!

They've also said that there was going to be a special feature explaining all of those unanswered questions that they either couldn't explain, or thought they already had. Should be interesting to see.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »

Saturday night, ABC is reshowing the complete 2.5 hour finale (with "pop ups", I think, as they have in the past) and the Jimmy Kimmel special right after.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »

I live in Germany so that doesn't affect me. Got it all on my pc anyway.

But if anyone could write the pop ups down, in case they're interesting, that would be nice

Annie
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »

Saturday night, ABC is reshowing the complete 2.5 hour finale (with "pop ups", I think, as they have in the past) and the Jimmy Kimmel special right after.
Thanks. My DVR will be set.! ok
Annie
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2010, 11:16:51 AM »

Watching the pop-ups was very helpful. The Jimmy Kimmel show was fun, and I loved the alternate endings. I found it interesting that  some of the actors never watch the show.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »

What did the pop-ups say?

Annie
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »

The most helpful one was the one that said Desmond was not afraid to uncork the light because he thought that he was going into the life in the side flash. And that Hurley could only cope with Letting Jack go back down because he thought he could rescue Jack.  I still hope somebody writes a book about the hidden symbolism and meanig of LOST. I would even be willing to read a graduate student's thesis or dissertation on the subject. This show really had to be watched more than once to make sense. It's still not tied up in a neat little bow, but it gave me alot to think about. ok I cried at the moments of true love. The popups also mentined that the memories of the Island life were triggered when the characters were either about to die or they felt  a moment of true love, ie Sawyer and Juliet, Sun and Jin, Charlie and Claire.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

I've got it on my DVR, but it's in High Def.

Let me see if I can convince our DVD burner to record it.  If I can (the audio is the tricky part, believe it or not..sometimes it comes out without sound), we'll see if I can't just get it to you. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

LOL, check out this shit  Grin

http://www.penneydesign.com/folio_IM_lostgame.html

Good old lost scumm memories...  hihi

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »

the hidden symbolism and meanig of LOST.

Lost for me is what being human on this planet is all about.

We come here to discover who we are, and hopefully why we are here. The main goal is to be okay with who you are (self-love) and for many to find love in a reflection of that love (loved one).

If you have a spouse, or partner, that person is a reflection of you, be it functional, or dis-functional.

There is synchronicity in all of our lives whether we are "awake" to it or not. Just as with all of the characters on Lost. Their lives intertwined on so many levels. I believe ours do as well with all of the people in our own lives and in our individual circles.

There is a pureness somewhere outside of humans that feeds our existence. The Island, aka The Source.

Jacob and The Smoke Monster talked about how "normal" humans are greedy, and fight one another. Jacob and TSM were given god-like status because those parts need to be played in this human drama. Good vs. Bad is a theme we are all here to work on. We are taught as soon as possible that we are to judge things around us as either good or bad. To be able to look beyond that would put one above all this on some level. Thus god-like. To be god-like, one should be able to be balanced in the center of all polarized dramas.

The sideways was the afterlife. For me that group of souls came to this planet to work on certain things and chose to do it together which is why they all ended up thrown together for the crash on the Island. And after that story was told, or experienced, they all met up in the afterlife to journey on to their next level of learning.......together as a group.

And there you have my 2 cents on Lost and this life.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Annie
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 06:05:21 PM »

the hidden symbolism and meanig of LOST.

Lost for me is what being human on this planet is all about.

We come here to discover who we are, and hopefully why we are here. The main goal is to be okay with who you are (self-love) and for many to find love in a reflection of that love (loved one).

If you have a spouse, or partner, that person is a reflection of you, be it functional, or dis-functional.

There is synchronicity in all of our lives whether we are "awake" to it or not. Just as with all of the characters on Lost. Their lives intertwined on so many levels. I believe ours do as well with all of the people in our own lives and in our individual circles.

There is a pureness somewhere outside of humans that feeds our existence. The Island, aka The Source.

Jacob and The Smoke Monster talked about how "normal" humans are greedy, and fight one another. Jacob and TSM were given god-like status because those parts need to be played in this human drama. Good vs. Bad is a theme we are all here to work on. We are taught as soon as possible that we are to judge things around us as either good or bad. To be able to look beyond that would put one above all this on some level. Thus god-like. To be god-like, one should be able to be balanced in the center of all polarized dramas.

The sideways was the afterlife. For me that group of souls came to this planet to work on certain things and chose to do it together which is why they all ended up thrown together for the crash on the Island. And after that story was told, or experienced, they all met up in the afterlife to journey on to their next level of learning.......together as a group.

And there you have my 2 cents on Lost and this life.

Thankyou, that was very profound.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: