Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bret Michaels In Bad Shape
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bret Michaels In Bad Shape  (Read 17910 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »

The speed at which he has recovered is nothing short of a miracle.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »

HAHAH Bret still had the bandanna on! thats awesome!
lmao, thats classic.

html sucks
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »

The speed at which he has recovered is nothing short of a miracle.
I know I just hope he does not over do it.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »

BRET MICHAELS On 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'; First Video Released - May 17, 2010

Bret Michaels, who suffered a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage on April 22, just 10 days after an emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Texas while on his "Custom Built" tour, will make his first televised appearance since being hospitalized on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", on an episode that will air Wednesday, May 19.

A clip from the episode can be viewed at RadarOnline.com. A second preview clip is available below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140238

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »

Bret Michaels -- I'm Having Trouble Moving My Legs

Originally posted May 19th 2010

Video: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/19/bret-michaels-oprah-winfrey-brain-hemorrhage-video/

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:11 PM »

That oprah apperance was chilling.. i got choked up once or twice.

glad he survived!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »

This is hard to believe, so much has happened to him in such a short period of time...

BRET MICHAELS Receives Devastating News As Tests Show He Has A Hole In His Heart - May 20, 2010

Bret Michaels was re-admitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands which doctors described as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or warning stroke. While MRI and CT scan tests were being conducted, Michaels also received a doppler ultrasound of his legs and lower abdomen looking for blood clots and most importantly an ultrasound bubble test of his heart was conducted which proved positive for a patent forum ovale (PFO), a hole in the heart. Dr. Zabramski (Bret's neurosurgeon), Dr. Becker (who ordered the test), Dr. Cook (who conducted the test) and Dr. Frey (Director, Outpatient Stroke Program) all confirmed the results.

Dr. Zabramski states, "There is no doubt that the positive patent foramen ovale (PFO) is devastating news to Bret and his family. The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the transient ischemic attack (TIA) or warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."

Dr. Zabramski continues, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of 'Celebrity Apprentice' and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100% recovery. Medically speaking, it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100% yet, especially with the hole found in his heart. Further tests will be conducted throughout the week and I will have more information next week as to how this patent foramen ovale (PFO) will be treated. For now, Bret will be treated with outpatient care which includes a daily injection of Lovenox (a blood thinner to reduce the chance of blood clots) and blood tests."

Bret's rep, Janna Elias, states "Bret wants everyone to know he cannot thank you enough for all of the well wishes, prayers, and good vibes you have sent his way. Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140423

CrucialFate
Opening Act

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »

This is hard to believe, so much has happened to him in such a short period of time...

BRET MICHAELS Receives Devastating News As Tests Show He Has A Hole In His Heart - May 20, 2010

Bret Michaels was re-admitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands which doctors described as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or warning stroke. While MRI and CT scan tests were being conducted, Michaels also received a doppler ultrasound of his legs and lower abdomen looking for blood clots and most importantly an ultrasound bubble test of his heart was conducted which proved positive for a patent forum ovale (PFO), a hole in the heart. Dr. Zabramski (Bret's neurosurgeon), Dr. Becker (who ordered the test), Dr. Cook (who conducted the test) and Dr. Frey (Director, Outpatient Stroke Program) all confirmed the results.

Dr. Zabramski states, "There is no doubt that the positive patent foramen ovale (PFO) is devastating news to Bret and his family. The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the transient ischemic attack (TIA) or warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."

Dr. Zabramski continues, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of 'Celebrity Apprentice' and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100% recovery. Medically speaking, it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100% yet, especially with the hole found in his heart. Further tests will be conducted throughout the week and I will have more information next week as to how this patent foramen ovale (PFO) will be treated. For now, Bret will be treated with outpatient care which includes a daily injection of Lovenox (a blood thinner to reduce the chance of blood clots) and blood tests."

Bret's rep, Janna Elias, states "Bret wants everyone to know he cannot thank you enough for all of the well wishes, prayers, and good vibes you have sent his way. Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140423

Fuckin' guy just can't seem to catch a break. Hopefully he fights through this one as well as the last one.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2010, 07:55:28 PM »

Damn... poor guy. Thankfully he got to the hospiital immediately and they found it quickly and that its treatable.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2010, 12:58:06 AM »

Man, talk about getting hit while your down.  Needless to say, 2010 won't go down as a banner year for Bret.  I wonder if he'll be able to take part in the finale for Celebrity Apprentice, in which he's a finalist going up against Holly Robinson-Peete.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »

my guess he will appear via satellite like on  oprah

so appendectomy, brain hemorrhage hole in heart, now losing celebrity apprentice sunday i bet.... what shitty year.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-michaels-receiving-outpatient-care-after-warning-stroke-still-headed-to-celebrity-apprentice-finale/41169?nc

A bit of good news Smiley.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »

I'm glad Bret won Celebrity Apprentice even though I missed it watching the Lost finale.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »

Yeah, I would've been surprised if he lost considering all he's been through.  Even Holly said that her 5 year old son was even pulling for Bret.  With that being said though, I honestly think Bret deserved to win regardless of what he's been through recently.  I think he should've won that final challenge, which they pretty much called a tie, and did a better job overall during the season.  Holly did raise the most money in the history of the show, which is impressive.  But that could have as much to do with knowing wealthy people who are willing to donate massive amounts of money.  Plus, she does that for a living.  Either way, congrats to Bret.  Some touching moments on the show last night.  Bret's 10 year old daughter surprising him by showing up to the final task.  Then Bret coming out for the live finale and being embraced by the whole cast.  Even Holly had tears in her eyes after that.

I wonder how the show did against Lost in the ratings.  Lost was always going to do huge numbers but with all that Bret has been through recently, I'm sure a lot of attention was garnered because of it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 12:42:47 PM »

Yeah plus Holly won 1 task and it happened to be one where her and Sharon raised a ton of cash which she got. Bret was 2-0 as project manager, Holly 1-2

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »

Bret is not slowing down one bit.  In fact, he's doing quite the opposite.  Not sure that's the best strategy.

Ailing Bret Michaels performs on `Idol' finale
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer Wed May 26, 6:32 PM PDT

Though he has suffered from life-threatening health problems in recent weeks, Bret Michaels appeared in fine form on the "American Idol" stage.

The ailing 47-year-old rocker and reality TV star sang and played guitar on Wednesday's star-studded season finale. The Poison frontman joined "Idol" finalist Casey James on one of the band's biggest hits, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

Michaels, who won this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" show last Sunday, suffered a brain hemorrhage in April. He was hospitalized again May 20 for what doctors called a "warning stroke" and diagnosed with a hole in his heart. Doctors said the conditions are likely unrelated.

He announced on his website this week that though he isn't 100 percent, but plans to continue his tour, starting Friday in Biloxi, Miss.

He said that seeing fans "rockin' rollin', smiling faces ... is the best medicine I can think of."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2010, 01:36:16 AM »

^^Here is video:

BRET MICHAELS, ALICE COOPER Perform On 'American Idol' Finale - May 26, 2010

POISON frontman Bret Michaels performed live for the first time after a triple health crisis on tonight's (Wednesday, May 26) "American Idol" finale. He joined talent show finalist Casey James for a rendition of the POISON classic "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". In addition, legendary rocker Alice Cooper kicked off the finale by performing his rock anthem "School's Out" with a stage full of schoolboys and schoolgirls. The "Idol" finalists joined Cooper, dancers and singers all dressed up in school uniforms.

Watch both performances below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140737

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2010, 02:39:45 AM »

that video reminded me of just how terrible American Idol is.. seriously that dude with Bret was horrible and Every Rose is like one of the easiest songs on earth to sing... that guy has no feeling whatsoever.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 06:28:29 AM »

why does Alice needs to lower himself to playing on that.

Its not like he needs the exposure or the money, especially in the states.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »

For someone recovering from a brain hemorrhage, he's doing a lot of interviews:

"Lopez Tonight" yesterday:

http://www.tbs.com/video/index.jsp?oid=220183#

"Regis"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140695

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: