Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Another GNR Collection To Look At - WARNING LOTS OF LARGE PICS
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another GNR Collection To Look At - WARNING LOTS OF LARGE PICS  (Read 7726 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:04:15 AM »

Ok I'm giving up collecting. Although I don't even have the money to buy anything anymore hihi

You got a nice museum dude! Where did you get the pinball machine?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »

Ok I'm giving up collecting. Although I don't even have the money to buy anything anymore hihi

You got a nice museum dude! Where did you get the pinball machine?

I originally imported one myself from Germany since the prices of them in Australia were ridiculous when they came up for sale.  About 6 months after I did that I saw one on ebay in Australia for sale with a Buy It Now price of $2,000 AUD (which was sooo cheap).  So I bought it.  Turns out it was in bascially brand new condition too, so I sold me other one for $4,000.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »

Nice deal!  I can't stop saying that that is a great collection, impossible to beat i would say

Oh My God i cant deny this...
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 07:54:07 AM »

Nice deal!  I can't stop saying that that is a great collection, impossible to beat i would say

You can't go past Troccoli's collection plus there is a French guy called Fred that also has a good collection:

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://loveguns69.nipox.com/cat-6000.html&ei=M1NkS4qKOs-gkQWKrP3WBQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CA4Q7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dloveguns69%26hl%3Den

The cool thing is we all seem to have some nice unique individual items within our collections, as do others that I have seen on the various forums.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 08:05:53 AM »

Cool! Trocolli's collection is very nice too. I saw it already!

spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »

the pin ball machine i had too, sold it when i moved to a larger house (sounds strange, but it was needed for kids, lol)

The main dowside on it, is that it makes so much noise when you play, even a few doors further in the block they could hear it. The plungers are so forcefull loud!!!

It has a extremely fun playfield, that is why it is a popular machine with pinball fanatics aswell, therefor they are often pricy and sometimes hard to find.

Among pin ball freaks it is considered the best "Band" machine there is, just because of the play and all the options.

Plus the fact there is a song that was never released on any album in it, makes it a nice thing to have.
The 6 ball multieball is a killer on that thing.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »

what song?

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »

what song?

Ain't going down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mtYzztjCXY
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »

yeah, ain't going down, either when you loose the ball, or when the ball gets saved (can be 1 one time each game, or can be re-activated with a little extra game)
Also there is a flipper game on the matrix, driving a bike with izzy, hilarious. Man, i should have made pix and movies of that thing.

Will ask the one who i sold it to if if she cares for it.
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »

Yeah it's arguably one of the best Data East pinball machines made.  Also as you said probably the best "band" pinball machine made too.

Of course the KISS pinny is very collectible and fetches ridiculous prices, but obviousyl the game play due to it's age isn't as good.  I love the artwork on the kiss playfield.  Then there are others like Rolling Stones, Tommy (The Who), Captain Fantastic (Elton John), Dolly, Ted Nugent.  But with the exception of Tommy all of those other music pins are quite old so the game play will never compare to the GNR machine.

The newest band pin was the Stern pin Elvis (if you call Elvis a band pin).  I have played that quite a lot but still prefer GNR to it.  The GNR pin has great game play with lots of different shots and modes, great artwork on the cabinent as well as the play field AND obviously killer sound to go with it!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: