Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Exclusive NY Hard Rock Examiner Video Interview With Steven Adler
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Exclusive NY Hard Rock Examiner Video Interview With Steven Adler  (Read 2041 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: August 06, 2010, 04:33:33 PM »

Exclusive NY Hard Rock Examiner Interview With Steven Adler

August 6, 6:49

This is a video interview with Steven Adler conducted by NY Hard Rock Examiner.  Here is some of what Steven says in the interview, roughly...

He says when asked if the story with GNR could have turned out any differently "if I didn't get myself kicked out to the band, I probably would have killed myself."

And do you believe you deserved to be fired from the band "yes I do. My job is to keep the hands clapping and the toes tapping and if I cant do my job, I let them down.  I thought they let me down for 20 years....they didn't let me down...I let them down."

He also says Axl was the only one waiting for him at hospital when he first overdosed.

Exclusive Examiner.com Interview with Steven Adler (Guns N' Roses, Adler's Appetite)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Y6BZ7QMf4

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »

From another interview with Steven Adler:

AUGUST 6, 2010

"I beat myself up for 20 years, blaming them for letting me down, when really, I'm the one who got so messed up that I couldn't play properly," he says. And while regaining the friendship and support of former Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin has been a great comfort to him, Adler still misses them on a professional level, as well.

"I want to finish what I started with those guys, more than anything," he says when asked about how important a Guns N' Roses reunion of the original members is to him. "That would be a big step in moving on with my life, too."

"I'm hoping that Axl will read my book and he'll see what a special thing we really do have," he says of the original band's chemistry. "It's so rare to get four or five guys in one room who all have the same goal and the same drive. And as long as the five of us are alive, we can do it again."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Former+drummer+book+study+recovery/3369756/story.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »

^^Video from that print interview:

STEVEN ADLER Interviewed By Canada's NATIONAL POST (Video) - Aug. 8, 2010

Original GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler recently talked to Canada's National Post about his new tell-all autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses" and his drum sound on GN'R's classic album "Appetite For Destruction". He also sampled the buffet at Commensal restaurant in Toronto. Watch the chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144204

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »

From another interview with Steven Adler:

They are on an intense tour and were on a bus en route for a gig in New Jersey last week when the News Tribune caught up with Adler. Here is Adler on:

Getting kicked out of GNR

A month after I wasn?t in the band, I went to this nightclub (in Los Angeles). Whenever I would go out, I?d walk right through the front door. This time I went out and walked in the front door and a security guard said, ?You have to go wait in line with everyone else.? The fans stayed away from me; I was ashamed.

There are two ways to take things: I could have taken what happened, and I could still be part of the band if I straightened myself up. Or ? the direction I went, I could destroy myself. It?s not easy to kill myself. It?s much easier to cripple yourself than kill yourself. On two occasions I took 100 valium, drank a big bottle of Jagermeister and took some heroin. I woke up eight hours later with the best sleep of my life.

Rehab

When I did ?Sober House,? the first day I showed up high on heroin. I got arrested. They got me out of jail the next day (and) they made me watch (a video of myself high). I?m so glad they did that. When I saw myself, I was devastated. When you?re high, you think you?re the coolest person in the world. That?s the misunderstanding with drugs. I saw myself and did not like what I saw. That sucks. It?s ugly.

I think everybody who has somebody in their life that they love that are doing drugs and drinking, you?ve got to videotape it and show it to them when they?re sober.

I had to do 90 days in rehab, or go to jail. I?ve been to jail. It?s not a pretty place. A somewhat sane person would do the rehab. After the first month, every second is like a (freaking) hour in there. That?s how you feel in there. Once you realize, ?All I gotta do is eat three good meals a day, and they give me a nice soft, warm bed. All I have to do is eat and sleep and listen to a few encouraging words throughout the day,? it?s pretty nice.

I did drugs for 35 years. It takes time for your body and your mind to heal. I beat the hell out of myself for 35 years.

His new book, 'My Appetite for Destruction'

The book has been emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually good for me. I?m glad that I got this out. ? My goal with this book was to make it easy to read and relatable.

When I get home, I?m making a big bonfire and I?m throwing my book in it. I want to leave the past in the past. The past is over and done. I want to move on. I want to burn the book and leave it in the past. Maybe in 15 years I?ll write a new book. I did not die. I did not kill myself. And thank God I didn?t kill anybody.

Life now

I want to enjoy my life. I want to see things, meet people, enjoy my life. I want to play music.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/175849/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: