Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wives jealous of GNR?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wives jealous of GNR?  (Read 7265 times)
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« on: December 18, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »

Is it just me or does any one else find that your wife gets "jealous" of your Gnr and Axl fascination? Do any of your wives consider Gnr a childhood hangover that you can't let go? Some juvenile nostalgia of the teenage glory days. I think sometimes she feels that I'm cheating on her with Gnr. I like to grab a pint or a beer and lock myself in the car and bury myself into Gnr and my wife doesn't always understand. Why would you do that? She asks. Why wouldn't you rather hang out with me? Cuddle? Watch a movie? Talk about our week? etc. Those are all great things, but sometimes you need to decompress and unwind to Gnr. You need your Axl fix; it is like emotional intercourse that creates an auricular orgasm. I know she likes Gnr, but when she gets mad at me she takes it out on Gnr and Axl. Usually she loves the ballads but when she is mad, Gnr become a childish, vulgar band who are a nothing more than a raucous discordant cacophony.
Sometimes it causes tension in our relationship, but my wife just can't comprehend why I still need to listen to the band of my youth.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:59:12 PM »

can anyone say......

Man-crush

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »

I totally get what your saying, but never change for anyone. Guns N' Roses means a huge amount to millions of fans around the world. And that's something to celebrate, not to worry about what others may think.

Seems like she is just attacking something which she knows means a huge amount to you, which is GN'R. Even you said, she loves the songs herself. So when she is saying all of those things about GN'R, it's only because she knows it'll get to you.

So keep on enjoying getting deep into GN'R, and have a blast while doing it. Sometimes you just have to say "Fuck It", this life's only short and if something fullfills you in a rich and vibrant way like GN'R does. You need to embrace it, love it and get as many positive vibes off of it as you can.

Don't change yourself for anyone, no matter who they are. Guns N' Roses are king, and we as GN'R fans should be proud that we know "Better".  Smiley

beer
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »

GN'R are in a lot of ways about youth rebellion and teen angst. Well, they were when I was younger, so maybe that's why it's seen as childish to still listen to them perhaps?
But at the end of the day, GN'R have made timeless kick ass rock n roll music that will reside with me until the day I die.

I had my mother ask me a few years back "when will you grow out of this?" after I bought a new GN'R shirt, and I was like, "I will never grow out of my love of music, if anything, my passion gets stronger and stronger".

If it looks like I'm clinging to my youth or childish because I love rock n roll, than so be it. I'm a GN'R fan and a music fan for life. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 11:32:01 PM »

My wife is the same age as me and liked GNR back in the day ( requests me to play "get in the ring" occasionally)  So there's no issue between us about it.

Took her to a show in 06 and she loved it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:25 AM »

I can't say "jealous" but she get tired listening to me talking about GN'R  hihi hihi

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 02:59:21 AM »

Don't have that problem. She's a fan too, and our son's name is William Axl  Smiley

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 08:13:48 AM »

My wife loves GNR. Not as much now since Robin left, but still. She saw the band with me earlier this year and it's all good. Smiley

w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 08:15:27 AM »

I guess im not the only one.... hahahaha

the most sick fan in the middle east
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 08:22:17 AM »

No problem at all....My wife loves them...And my son's name is Axl Gunner

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »

my wife loves guns n roses. she spent her savings to take me to see them in vancouver in 2002. she came with me to edmonton in 06, and also in saskatoon in 2010 she understands lol

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »

GN'R are in a lot of ways about youth rebellion and teen angst. Well, they were when I was younger, so maybe that's why it's seen as childish to still listen to them perhaps?
But at the end of the day, GN'R have made timeless kick ass rock n roll music that will reside with me until the day I die.

I had my mother ask me a few years back "when will you grow out of this?" after I bought a new GN'R shirt, and I was like, "I will never grow out of my love of music, if anything, my passion gets stronger and stronger".

If it looks like I'm clinging to my youth or childish because I love rock n roll, than so be it. I'm a GN'R fan and a music fan for life. beer
Well put man, music lasts forever, and Guns music will aslo. I feel what I love and like to listen to is nobody's business. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »

The women and friends in my life have said the same thing about  me. That I'm into GNR a bit too much. They sometimes get tired of me playing GNR songs at a bar or posting articles about  GNR on Facebook. For me, GNR came out at the right moment. I was battling the Board of Education in my town. I was  11 years old and fighting for my education as a result of my disability.  When GNR broke out with the Welcome to the Jungle video, it just helped e to get rid of this anger that I had.  Additionally, the line from Coma, "You got a one way ticket n your last chance rideGot a one way ticket To your suicideGot a one way ticket And there's no way out alive" and Dust & Bones  " Life is short. Your life is your own" helped me not to commit suicide in my teen years. So GNR has been a big influence on me. I'm planning to write a memoir in my late 40s or 50s. I will include how GNR helped me.  I still have a long way to go though unil then. I'm only 34 now.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

My wife wonders why I want to go to a show EVERY time they tour the UK. I tell her its only every 4 years.

I tell her that seeing Halley's Comet together in 1986 was so special (my daughter gave her first kick that day in February whilst in the womb) next time its due I'll have her watch it from the Pyramids in Egypt. It's  due to arrive in 2061 and she'll be 94  Wink  seems a fair deal to me  rofl rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »

my wife wonders why I spend so much time onlne looking at GNR stuff.... well its clear to her now. I met guns way before I met her.
 Grin, she gets all my love and the guns get some of my time and in return Im happier  beer

Here Today..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

Is it just me or does any one else find that your wife gets "jealous" of your Gnr and Axl fascination? Do any of your wives consider Gnr a childhood hangover that you can't let go? Some juvenile nostalgia of the teenage glory days. I think sometimes she feels that I'm cheating on her with Gnr. I like to grab a pint or a beer and lock myself in the car and bury myself into Gnr and my wife doesn't always understand. Why would you do that? She asks. Why wouldn't you rather hang out with me? Cuddle? Watch a movie? Talk about our week? etc. Those are all great things, but sometimes you need to decompress and unwind to Gnr. You need your Axl fix; it is like emotional intercourse that creates an auricular orgasm. I know she likes Gnr, but when she gets mad at me she takes it out on Gnr and Axl. Usually she loves the ballads but when she is mad, Gnr become a childish, vulgar band who are a nothing more than a raucous discordant cacophony.
Sometimes it causes tension in our relationship, but my wife just can't comprehend why I still need to listen to the band of my youth.

Haha, it is not your fascination with GN'R that causes tension in your relationship; it is you.  You are a drama queen, one can tell by your vocabulary and grammar.

If I were you, I would seriously think about a literary career. You have excellent and expressive writing skills.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »

Haha, it is not your fascination with GN'R that causes tension in your relationship; it is you.  You are a drama queen, one can tell by your vocabulary and grammar.

If I were you, I would seriously think about a literary career. You have excellent and expressive writing skills.
Attacking someone's grammar shows what a big man you are.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »

wow that's deep '

the one an only horsey !
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »

My GF has gotten into GNR quite a bit since we've been together (8 years), hell the day before our first date I traveled to see GNR in Toronto... So she knew going in I was a hardcore, and she even came with me to the Hamilton show this year!

She's even said she's never seen somebody with so much passion about something, as i'm always reading up and watching youtube videos after shows of the same songs! She loves it
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 01:40:16 AM »

'wives' damn man, how many do you have? :O

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: