Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 02:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum Working On New Solo Project 'Diamond Baby'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum Working On New Solo Project 'Diamond Baby'  (Read 25087 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »

Horrible!

Yes indeed, it was dreadful!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 10:17:47 PM »

Diamond Baby is the name, looks like another vehicle for Ace essentially - sounds like a cross between Shiny Toy Guns and Dakota Fanning doing vox from "The Runaways" movie..

The video's pretty funny, Matt's called in a few friends..

"The Last Rock Star" by Diamond Baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHeGuqAAU-w
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:19:59 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 02:11:23 AM »

I dont listen to any pop music like lady gaga etc but I kinda liked that song. maybe because im a Matt fan  Huh
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/Diamondbabyband

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »

http://www.diamondbabyband.com/

the video was weird and funny plus the song was pretty nice for pop stuff. i like aces voice alot

baron von storm in drums! lol  Grin
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:32:39 AM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 01:44:03 AM »

Not all that bad.  Nice guest appearances in the video! 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »

That kicked ass. I loved it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »

WOW!! Really good!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »

Kinda odd for me to say this, but I liked that video. I'd go see them live?

Axl is God.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 03:31:11 PM »

I watched it a few times now, the video is fun and she sings better than I expected.  But I can't say I'm a fan of the song -- looks like I'm the only one.

I couldn't help but think the same thing that is posted here:

Matt Sorum?s Girlfriend Wants To Be The Next Gaga

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/matt-sorum%E2%80%99s-girlfriend-wants-to-be-the-next-gaga/

Diamond Baby is the name, looks like another vehicle for Ace essentially

Yeah, pretty much.

Behind the scenes with Diamond Baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENIPYVlEk4c

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:15:16 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »

From an interview with Matt Sorum:

Guns N' Roses' Matt Sorum's Diamond Baby Releases Star-Studded Video Clip

features Jane Lynch, Juliette Lewis, Lemmy Kilmister, Verne Troyer

JULY 21, 2011

Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum has a new band ? and it's gotten off to a star-studded start. The band's first video, "The Last Rockstar," features Glee's Jane Lynch, actress Juliette Lewis, Mot?rhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister and actor Verne Troyer. (Watch below.)

"I called Verne Troyer and Lemmy and Juliette Lewis and Jane Lynch is my next-door neighbor, so I asked her to do it," Sorum says. "She?s so busy, she?s such a huge actress now, but then she said she?d love to do it because she?s never done a rock video or a music video. And when I told her she was going to play my butler, she was cool."

Diamond Baby has recorded a full album, which Sorum calls electro-rock. Sorum says the rest of the album is as visual and elaborate as "The Last Rockstar" and the band plans to use that theatricality in a variety of mediums. "We want to possibly do some graphic novel work and a digital game and all sorts of things we can do with an interesting concept. Visually we want to be very exciting, entertaining, over the top," he says.

Sorum has changed his name in Diamond Baby to Baron Von Storm. "My former name and my former musical background I probably couldn?t do as much. I wanted to kind of dabble in a different music area," he says. "So the rock side of me is the other name ? I really felt like more of a Ziggy Stardust kind of character with this."

There is currently no release date for the album, but the band is planning some things for fall, including possible tour dates.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-matt-sorums-diamond-baby-releases-star-studded-video-20110721

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01:55 PM »

that's very good

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »

I just watched meet the band ( on thier offical web site) and at the 1:30- 1:40 I couldn't help notice that ace moves just like Mr Scott Wieland. It was like watching Scott with a blond wig, even her pant suit reminded me of Scott.

I also watched the behinds the scene video and noticed  ace has zero  power in her voice to pull it off live.  I just wonder how long b/f matt and ace have a problem with Lisa "the Lover" and they give her the boot.

In all honesty I don't like ace at all. She has zero personality and comes across as such a flake. She's such a poser wannabe I just want to throw a cinder block at her.  Hell if she's the "Last rockstar" then there's little hope for rock music today.

Now in regards to the music I will say that some of it I heard is catchy. 80's techno rock is somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine.  But they got nothing on Christian Hansen & The Autistics, a local band here in Edmonton.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
eddiesson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

I really appreciate Matt's open-mindedness, readiness to take risks and creativity on this song. It is something truly fresh, modern, positively surprising. On the other hand it still bears some rock feeling in it and it's heavy in its own way. I liked this song a lot!

Good work Matt & Co.!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »

I like it. Thought if was very good.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

I also watched the behinds the scene video and noticed  ace has zero  power in her voice to pull it off live.

I'm fairly certain the only thing being played "live " in that vid are the drums...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »

I don't like it at all.   no

Matt is nice, but sometimes I think he would do ANYTHING for money or girls.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »

I don't like it at all.   no

Matt is nice, but sometimes I think he would do ANYTHING for money or girls.
well the singer is his girlfriend
plus i dont think that this is for the money (if there is any)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »

hahahahahahaha..... all I can say is "WOW Really!?"

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 01:49:38 PM »

More from the Baron:

MATT SORUM On DIAMOND BABY: 'It's Time To Experiment And Have A Good Time Again' - July 28, 2011

The bands we remember are always sexy, dangerous, unpredictable, and wildly over the top. Electro-rock group DIAMOND BABY is all that and more. With their debut single, "The Last Rockstar", DIAMOND BABY are throwing the ultimate 21st century sonic soiree, and everyone is invited.

"The Last Rockstar" is quite the event. Sliding from a swaggering beat into seductive crooning, the tune resounds with an anthemic and propulsive prowess. The track officially hits iTunes in late August. However, DIAMOND BABY recently released the music video for the danceable "The Last Rockstar" online, and it immediately went viral racking up over 100,000 views in a few days.

With "Glee" star Jane Lynch, iconic actress Juliette Lewis, Verne Troyer, and MOT?RHEAD's Lemmy Kilmister showing up to the party, the video showcases DIAMOND BABY rocking in front of a packed crowd of gorgeous faces, while introducing each of the characters that make up the quintet.

There's Ace Of Diamonds (lead vocals), Lisa The Lover (keyboards), Duke Oz (guitar), Mr. Fitz (bass), and Baron Von Storm (a.k.a. Matt Sorum; drums). They're all an integral part of this elegantly entrancing electro rock bash.

"The whole concept of DIAMOND BABY is Studio 54 meets '80s decadence and New Wave," reveals Ace Of Diamonds. "We wanted to bring that glitz and glamour back. It's an experience."

That experience has already been lauded and shared online by the likes of Perez Hilton and Rolling Stone. However, it really comes to life on the group's forthcoming full-length album (exact release date to be announced).

Ace Of Diamonds goes on, "The undertone of everything is very sexy and celebratory. It's okay to escape into music. This is about accepting who you are and going for what you really want in life. You've got one shot, so take it, go for it."

DIAMOND BABY have certainly gone big on their debut tune, but with their larger-than-life alter egos and even larger theatrical panache, they're going to shine. "The visual aspect of the band is crucial," she adds. "Everyone has an alter ego, and it's all part of the show."

Von Storm echoes that sentiment, "It's time to experiment and have a good time again."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161260

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: