Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 08:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum Working On New Solo Project 'Diamond Baby'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum Working On New Solo Project 'Diamond Baby'  (Read 25083 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 06, 2011, 12:14:42 PM »

From Matt Sorum:

Looking for Executive producer for new Solo project. Would like to do 50/50 for an investor at 100K If ur serious, tweet here

about 12 hours ago via ?berTwitter

http://twitter.com/mattsorum/status/34121546192654336

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:32:55 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »

i think it's kinda funny that he's looking for an investor.  seems to me like he should easily be able to afford to make an album!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 09:59:19 AM »

i think it's kinda funny that he's looking for an investor.  seems to me like he should easily be able to afford to make an album!!!

Also, he's putting out feelers on Twitter.  Undecided

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »

the typical message to your bandmates when you want them to make a quick choice for a singer, right?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »

the typical message to your bandmates when you want them to make a quick choice for a singer, right?

I think Slash and Duff know that Matt would drop that solo project like a bad habit if VR was gearing back up.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »

Does anyone have any info. on what this "new solo project" is all about?

From Matt Sorum:

Good day in the studio today. New project that is going to be sick

More good tunes for the new band project in Drac studios today. Most excited I've been about music in a long time.

about 8 hours ago via ?berSocial

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »

Bandmates?

I think it's bandmate, meaning Slash.

Make no mistake, the future (or lack there of) of VR lies underneath the top hat -he's obviously the one who's been hesitant to move forward with a singer decision..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »

It's all getting abit silly and boring now, all of the VR members doing side projects.  rant

I actually feel sorry for Matt more than the rest, as he is just acking to get back to work on VR as you could tell in that interview a few weeks ago. And if they are going to call it a day on VR, time to fuckin tell peopleyes

VR were not that big of a band to begin with, so all of this stringing fans along who are waiting for a positive comment about VR, or anything is very unfortunate.  no

And also, I'd like to tell Slash that he needs to cut the crap and start working with Duff, Matt and Dave again. he seems to think he is God or something, the way he expects all of his bandmembers to wait for him in regards to VR.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:43:49 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »

It's all getting abit silly and boring now, all of the VR members doing side projects.  rant

Well, with Velvet Revolver not happening now, and I agree with what Falcon posted -- these "side projects' are "their projects."

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »

@One.In.A.Million: Loaded is surtanly not crap that should be cut!!! Rather Loaded than VR yes

Apart from that, I think Matt Sorums last solo effort gave us some good songs! No point in stressing the VR-thing....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »

I'd like to tell Slash that he needs to cut the crap and start working with Duff, Matt and Dave again. he seems to think he is God or something, the way he expects all of his bandmembers to wait for him in regards to VR.

I don't believe Slash thinks he is God! And His solo work is not crap! And I don't think he cares what his VR bandmates are doing. And it is my guess that he does not expect them to wait around on him either. rant rant

Slash  is in a positive enviorment he likes working with Myles and his solo band. He has made it clear to his fans what his intentions are for the foreseeable future. If VR has a future it seems it will have to wait on Slash. I'm sure if his VR bandmates want to move on without him they can.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:42:19 PM by sleeper » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »

Matt Sorum:

Hey friends, lots of recording going on for my new project. 6 songs in the can and 2 more to come. Then rehearse and gigs

about 6 hours ago via ?berSocial

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:47 AM »

Ah I might get his album depends on who is singing because Matt is a good drummer but I got other stuff I want to get from our Ex-Gunners I have none of Loaded songs or any of Izzy's solo stuff.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »

Matt Sorum signing autographs:

Matt Sorum & Ron Jeremy at the Roxy in West Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rFR1Q3saTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8KjiOLC4qs

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »

Matt Sorum signing autographs:

Matt Sorum & Ron Jeremy at the Roxy in West Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rFR1Q3saTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8KjiOLC4qs

Matt is really cool there.   Nice guy for sure.   I think he is on That Metal Show tonight!  I'll get his album too.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »

@One.In.A.Million: Loaded is surtanly not crap that should be cut!!! Rather Loaded than VR yes

Apart from that, I think Matt Sorums last solo effort gave us some good songs! No point in stressing the VR-thing....

Can point out for me where I said loaded were crap?, read my post again and get back to me.  Tongue

I'd take Loaded over everything Slash has done post GN'R, I love Wasted Heart and Flatline.  Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »

He said in a recent interview that the new solo project will be with his girlfriend Ace.  He added ""I'm not even the same guy in that band, I have a different name and everything...and I wear weird hats and a lot of makeup."

Undecided

Meet Baron Von Storm

http://lockerz.com/s/98300962

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »

He said in a recent interview that the new solo project will be with his girlfriend Ace.  He added ""I'm not even the same guy in that band, I have a different name and everything...and I wear weird hats and a lot of makeup."

Undecided

Meet Baron Von Storm

DOH!!!!  I just want to clarify...I will get his album with Cherie Currie that he is producing yes.  Not this other thing no
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

Undecided

Meet Baron Von Storm

I'm not really sure Matt, seems like the standard type of clothes you've been wearing the last few years.  hihi

On a serious note, I'm glad Matt has found an outlet for his musicianship, he's a great guy who's always up for a laugh.  ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »

I was under the impression he was talking about The Darling Stilletos with that quote.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: