Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  'Slash' Performs 'Beautiful Dangerous' Live With Myles; Quality Footage
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Slash' Performs 'Beautiful Dangerous' Live With Myles; Quality Footage  (Read 4598 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 20, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »

I've been waiting for this one.  Slash and Myles performing "Beautiful Dangerous" in Singapore:

Beautiful Dangerous - Singapore 2011 w/Myles Kennedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42yjgozQYk

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »

Fantastic!  Myles does great.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »

I love that vid w/Fergie!
Myles performs it well, but he is no Fergie...

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »

HAHA would love to hear him flub a line and accidentally sing  When I spin on the pole haha

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »

Performed well, but I still think it's weird song for Myles to sing live. Would much rather he sang the Chris Cornell tune, or even give Gotten a go in a live setting!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »

hihi  Never thought I'd hear that from anyone!  People are usually bitchin' about her.

I liked hearing Myles sing it, though - he did a great job! 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »

hihi  Never thought I'd hear that from anyone!  People are usually bitchin' about her.

I liked hearing Myles sing it, though - he did a great job! 

Exactly, I mean I don't exactly like Myles struggling his way through GN'R classics.  hihi  But letting Fergie have any sort of contact with songs like SCOM or Paradise City is just comedic. Slash playing with Fergie, is probably one of the worst career decisions Slash has ever made.

And all of this stuff with Myles recently is just lackluster at best, I feel that Slash is like " what the hell, let's just get another album out there, I don't believe in it, but I'm gonna do it anyway, so I can avoid the VR situation a little longer".  rofl

But yeah, in all honestly, I'm so completely dissapointed in Slash since VR took a break. He seems to be doing anything and everything to just carry on, for the sake of it.   Undecided
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:04:01 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

Exactly, I mean I don't exactly like Myles struggling his way through GN'R classics.    But letting Fergie have any sort of contact with songs like SCOM or Paradise City is just comedic. Slash playing with Fergie, is probably one of the worst career decisions Slash has ever made.

At first I did not like the idea either but BD has done very well. And has become one of my favorites on the album.

Exactly, I mean I don't exactly like Myles struggling his way through GN'R classics.

Myles Kenndy does not struggle through any song he is a great guy and has amazing chemistry with Slash.

And all of this stuff with Myles recently is just lackluster at best, I feel that Slash is like " what the hell, let's just get another album out there, I don't believe in it, but I'm gonna do it anyway, so I can avoid the VR situation a little longer".

Slash works very hard on all his music and is excitied about the album with Myles. What you are saying here is totally disrespectful to Slash. If you don't like him or his music that is your right. But to persume to think that he is doing solo work just to avoid VR is crazy. Duff is very busy with his solo career right now. Do you think he is working with Loaded so he can avoid VR?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:43:58 PM by sleeper » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »

Here is a good example of Myles struggling to get through a GN'R song.  ok

1 Myles is knowhere near the correct key that this song should be sung in.
2 Myles often says the wrong lines, and messes up parts of the song.
3 The "Do you know where you are, your in the jungle, your gonna die" part is diabolical.
4 Myles' voice never changes range, he just whines all the time.  yes

conclusion = Axl is the only person who can sing Guns N' Roses songs, and no one else should even attempt such a thing.  Cheesy

Check it... hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JAkvKI6ImA
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:06:27 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »

conclusion = Axl is the only person who can sing Guns N' Roses songs, and no one else should even attempt such a thing. 

At no time did I mention Axl in my post. I agree with you that Axl is the best singer for his on songs. Most singers sing their own songs better than anyone else can. Myles is not trying to be Axl and JMO he does a great job with all the songs in the set.

To say no one but Axl should be singing GNR songs is like saying no one but Slash should be playing  AFD/UYI songs. Both statements are wrong!

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »

conclusion = Axl is the only person who can sing Guns N' Roses songs, and no one else should even attempt such a thing. 

At no time did I mention Axl in my post. I agree with you that Axl is the best singer for his on songs. Most singers sing their own songs better than anyone else can. Myles is not trying to be Axl and JMO he does a great job with all the songs in the set.

To say no one but Axl should be singing GNR songs is like saying no one but Slash should be playing  AFD/UYI songs. Both statements are wrong!

That's not neccessarily true.  Undecided

Guitars are an instrument in which people can indeed emulate each other, for example if 2 different guitar players played a C chord, chances are it's going to sound similar. Where as a voicebox is unique, and something that can't be replaced or compared to different guitar players, playing the same parts.  Tongue

And although guitar players can have a different vibe and feel to each other, I don't think you can compare it to an actual singing voice.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:31:34 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »

But any good musican knows the notes and the feel of the cords in their songs better than anyone else. That is what is meant by the phrase "putting your heart into it". Maybe we should agree to disagree!  Smiley Have a good evening.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »

Slash - Beautiful Dangerous - Santiago Chile 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBU20VosZg0

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »

That's not neccessarily true.  Undecided

Guitars are an instrument in which people can indeed emulate each other, for example if 2 different guitar players played a C chord, chances are it's going to sound similar. Where as a voicebox is unique, and something that can't be replaced or compared to different guitar players, playing the same parts.  Tongue

And although guitar players can have a different vibe and feel to each other, I don't think you can compare it to an actual singing voice.  Cool

It's all subjective no matter how you slice it. Some people might prefer Myles voice to Axl's. I sure as hell ain't one of them, but I'm sure there are people out there.

I think Myles has a pretty good voice, especially compared to others out there today. I think he does the GNR songs about as well as you could expect for someone not named Axl. I definitely preferred Myles and Slash's My Michelle over Robin era GNR, so I'm happy I had a chance to see it. Plus being able to hear Civil War live, something Axl hasn't played since Slash as far as I know, was amazing.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »

conclusion = Axl is the only person who can sing Guns N' Roses songs, and no one else should even attempt such a thing.  Cheesy

I thought this thread was about Myles performing "Beautiful Dangerous".  But maybe I'm wrong. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: