Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Slash the Worst Decision Maker in Rock History?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Slash the Worst Decision Maker in Rock History?  (Read 30952 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »

Who honestly gives a shit about a guitar player playing some guitar for various artists? 
Im a fan of Slash's music/projects.... couldnt give a shit what he does outside of that.
You're right, you can pick and choose what you like from him, or any artist.  The point is though, there is a LOT on Slash's resume that his "fans" don't find all that appealing.  It doesn't take away from his greatness.  If you're going to do as much as Slash, you're gonna have some misses.  They can't all be homeruns.  I could care less about most of his pop collaborations, so I just don't listen to them.  But it doesn't take away the fact that he did them.  That's all.  I wouldn't take any of this stuff too personal.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »

Who honestly gives a shit about a guitar player playing some guitar for various artists? 
Im a fan of Slash's music/projects.... couldnt give a shit what he does outside of that.
You're right, you can pick and choose what you like from him, or any artist.  The point is though, there is a LOT on Slash's resume that his "fans" don't find all that appealing.  It doesn't take away from his greatness.  If you're going to do as much as Slash, you're gonna have some misses.  They can't all be homeruns.  I could care less about most of his pop collaborations, so I just don't listen to them.  But it doesn't take away the fact that he did them.  That's all.  I wouldn't take any of this stuff too personal.

Agree.  Maybe when I was younger it would of upset me cos I cared more about what others thought of my favourite artists back then.  If somebody thinks he is lame for playing with a certain artist, thats their own choice i guess.   

The only decision i really didnt like was doing PC with Cypress Hill.  Awful stuff   hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »

At the end of the day he's gotta do whats best for himself and his family and make sure the lifestyle they are use to living  they can continue to live. And I'm sure that he probably enjoys doing various ventures and not just the same ol thing all the time. I dont really like him playing with cartoon characters or the superbowl halftime show w/ black eyed peas but it really doesnt bother me or make me hate him lol.. i kinda giggle at those that it does bother  hihi I went and saw him last fall with Myles Kennedy and it was a kick ass rock and roll show. thats what I enjoy about slash, I love his guitar playing, Im a huge fan of the music he has created for the last 25 years and could care less what the next person thinks. I actually doooo have friends that like to give me a hard time because I like " 80's rock" but i dont care lol..and in reality they dont either

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

judging by the delightful decoration of his home, I'll say yes.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: