Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Quick Question..... What's That Guitar Part From VH1's Behind The Music?.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Question..... What's That Guitar Part From VH1's Behind The Music?.....  (Read 2606 times)
HOMEFUCK88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 08, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »

Hey. Not sure where to put this, or what section this belongs in, but I was always wondering what that guitar part in VH1's Behind The Music on Guns N' Roses was. It was near the end of it.

Here, skip to 37:24-37:33 or around till 37:51.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcG4_YMzf6o&

I always wanted to know what that was from or if it was from a song.

If anyone could help, or help me figure out what it's from, I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks to anyone that can hopefully help me!

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:58 AM »

It's 'I don't care about you' track 12 on Spaghetti incident.  Originally recorded by Fear.
HOMEFUCK88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »

It's 'I don't care about you' track 12 on Spaghetti incident.  Originally recorded by Fear.

Hmmmmm..... You sure it is? The part i'm referring to sounds nothing like "I Don't Care About You".

Not so sure if it is.

Thank you for responding though.

I still think it's something else.

"Some things could be better, if we'd all just let them be" - Axl Rose - Yesterdays
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:27:57 AM »

Don't they sometimes use some generic melodies on those shows to fill them with some music?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:30:40 AM »

I think Jarmo is right. It's not any GNR song I've ever heard and I'm sure Axl didn't give them some unreleased CD snippet for this Behind the Music.  no

Thanks for that link though. It's good quality and has the whole show in one video.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
HOMEFUCK88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

Don't they sometimes use some generic melodies on those shows to fill them with some music?

/jarmo

You're right. But the fact that that guitar part starts playing at 37:25 and it looks like someone is playing a black Les Paul and it looks like someone's playing notes then, leads me to believe otherwise. It could be someone from Guns N' Roses fooling around on a guitar in the studio. I always thought that it might be a GNR, Slash, or Velvet Revolver demo.

Ah, the mystery of the cool sounding guitar part. Guess we'll never truly know. If anyone still happens to know, i'd appreciate it.

Also, Jarmo, about these shows using generic melodies during their shows. It could be stock or production music.

But, like I said, the fact that someone is playing a black Les Paul when that part starts, leads me to believe otherwise.

I always like the sound of that part.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »

You're right. But the fact that that guitar part starts playing at 37:25 and it looks like someone is playing a black Les Paul and it looks like someone's playing notes then, leads me to believe otherwise. It could be someone from Guns N' Roses fooling around on a guitar in the studio. I always thought that it might be a GNR, Slash, or Velvet Revolver demo.

Ah, the mystery of the cool sounding guitar part. Guess we'll never truly know. If anyone still happens to know, i'd appreciate it.

Also, Jarmo, about these shows using generic melodies during their shows. It could be stock or production music.

But, like I said, the fact that someone is playing a black Les Paul when that part starts, leads me to believe otherwise.

You've got me hooked on this little piece of music too and wondering what it is. Definitely sounds GNR-ish with a Knockin or So Fine type of vibe. About the black Les Paul, I'm not totally sure that little video snippet is actually someone playing this song. They don't show us enough to really tell.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
HOMEFUCK88
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »

You've got me hooked on this little piece of music too and wondering what it is. Definitely sounds GNR-ish with a Knockin or So Fine type of vibe. About the black Les Paul, I'm not totally sure that little video snippet is actually someone playing this song. They don't show us enough to really tell.

It all seems to be lined up all too good there though. Like you can see someone playing the guitar, possibly Slash, as that part begins. I've become a little too obsessed with knowing what that guitar part is lol.

It sounds very good and like GNR to not be production or a generic melody that these shows use.

I even recorded an MP3 of that clip alone which is about 27 seconds long. Dammit, I wish someone knew whether it was a GNR, Slash, or Velvet Revolver demo, or one of the band members fooling around a guitar in the studio or if it's indeed production music. Huh

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: