Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chicago, IL at All State Arena - November 15th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicago, IL at All State Arena - November 15th  (Read 44103 times)
meanmachine78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2011, 05:04:46 PM »

I'm with Birk, I'd rather have good ass seats instead of fighting on the floor for a good spot. I showed my wife where we're sitting and she's cool with it.

Birk, there's no way to return the tickets I got if I get better, is there?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

I'm with Birk, I'd rather have good ass seats instead of fighting on the floor for a good spot. I showed my wife where we're sitting and she's cool with it.

Yup, not to mention having to get there at least 2 or 3 hours before the doors open to ensure getting close to the stage.  Did that in 06 and got front and center, but once is enough.  I got mine in the section next to the stage so I'm a happy camper.   Smiley
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »

Yup, not to mention having to get there at least 2 or 3 hours before the doors open to ensure getting close to the stage.  Did that in 06 and got front and center, but once is enough.  I got mine in the section next to the stage so I'm a happy camper.   Smiley

Yea, same here.  Would much rather have my own spot relatively close so I can enjoy the show.  I love my fellow Gunners, but I don't want you hip to hip with me after yall have been drinking all night!  hihi

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »

Yea, same here.  Would much rather have my own spot relatively close so I can enjoy the show.  I love my fellow Gunners, but I don't want you hip to hip with me after yall have been drinking all night!  hihi

Yeah I remember meeting a couple peeps from the forums and that was cool.  Met mynameisjonas from mygnr, a poster from the old days.  But then there was some overweight fourty-something mom there with her young son who kept screaming "God bless you!" to the band, and trying to push me off the front rail to get closer.  I usually don't have a problem with people getting to close to my bubble, but that was getting ridiculous.  hihi

Either way, you can't bring drinks into the pit & God knows your spot would be gone when you came back.  Glad I secured seats this time.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »

A little update on my situation.  After sending the letter I posted earlier, I got a call from Ticketmaster telling me how sorry they were for the screw-up, and offered to exchange my tickets for seats in Row A of section 101.  Slightly further away, but front-row seats, which are much more comfortable for the wife and I.  So, I guess it pays to give 'em hell sometimes.

See you all in November!   beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

congrats to all who got tickets today!! i too have to wait until the 30th to get my tickets, i dont want floor, i want a seat this time around!
Michelle87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »

Does anyone know if  section 102, row EE are good seats? Does EE put you further back or closer front than just E?
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »

EE is closer than any single letter row, but it's also temporary seating, so not as comfortable as the single letter seats.  Either would be fine, though, I'm sure.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »

I'm all about any and all pre-parties going on. When we get to the show and the band is on stage, it's all eyes on GUNS!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Michelle87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »

What do you mean by temporary seating?! Ahh LOL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:11:24 PM by Michelle87 » Logged
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »

Birk, there's no way to return the tickets I got if I get better, is there?

Just sell them, try the boards first and if not sell them on craigslist or ebay if you have to..Dont eat the $$$.  I have 4 1st row club level tix fvor the Orlando show which i am not using now, so i gotta sell them somehow lol..i know people that will be wanting tickets also, i couldnt afford to spot my friends $100 tickets, i only bought 2 for me and my girl.  So im sure you will have no problem selling them, i just hope i have the same luck with the Orlando tickets
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »

What do you mean by temporary seating?! Ahh LOL

yeah, do i only sit half of the show?? Cause i would be pissed off lol...please explain.  I think they will be folding chairs
Michelle87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »

lmao I was thinking the same thing I hope folding chairs lol .I got myself general admission but I have family I got the seats for and I know their gonna wanna have a chair they can sit in I hope their decent seats and I hope they wont get messed around with by the people standing in the pit I would imagine it would be seperated by a bar I feel insane from all this ticket battling today!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:36:03 PM by Michelle87 » Logged
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »

lmao I was thinking the same thing I hope folding chairs lol

It just means folding chairs, cause im pretty sure these rows are actually on the floor. 
Michelle87
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »

I hope that means folding chairs those seat are actually for some family I have going i got myself general admission (which makes me nervous) But I'm hoping the seats I got them will be decent and I hope they wont be messed with people standing in general admission I would imagine they would seperate the 2 with a bar. I feel insane from all this ticket stuff!!!!
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »

There should be a wall up, and an usher at AA to get into the pit, and probably an usher at A to get into our section.   I hope i can smoke cigarettes and not get busted, and maybe some pot for that matter.
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »

Well I know this security there can be real dicks!

Security are assholes there, i believe this guy i used to bowl with works there maybe he can pull some strings, and who knows with Chicago weather it could be even snowing out.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2011, 08:47:57 PM »

I'm sure temporary seats means the kind of seats the venue can make disappear when they need more floor space....

Often they just slide underneath the "real" seats....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Birk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »

Hopefully no opening act, there shouldnt be one anyways.
Jayster
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2011, 09:39:39 PM »

i want Baz again as the opener just so he can rant on allstate again like in 06...plus it would make my mom even more happy to see Baz live too!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: