Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:03:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will there be more shows in 2012?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will there be more shows in 2012?  (Read 4069 times)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« on: November 20, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »

I am really hoping there will be. I am only able to attend two shows on this tour. I can watch this band every day. Really hoping they hit the Garden, MD, and Atlantic City in the future !

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »

They might add a couple dates on the West Coast coming up, but I doubt anything out East anymore.  I actually wouldn't be surprised by a Friday private set in Indiana.  They have two days off before Colorado and with Axl and DJ being from there....I could see it happening.

Maybe a Portland, San Fran, San Diego, etc added inbetween the forum and Vegas. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »

maybe Europe again,replacing some biggest(belgrade,london,milano,bucharest,madrid,pariz...)and don't forget gnr skiped lot of countries in 2010(germany-strong gnr fan base and we can except 4-5 arena dates there,then greecce,hungary,denmark,ukraine,bulgaria)...there are a real space for 20 and more dates in Europe.
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

We are not far off 2012 so its a good question. Lets wait and see.

I really think we are seeing the best of GNR at the moment since the original lineup if not better. The individual players are incredible in terms of talent and technique. The energy and delivery of the shows are amazing but most of all the chemistry of the band LIVE. This is a great band. Since late 2008 GNR have delivered nearly 120 shows and have saved the best for last in the US. Never thought we would see 3 hour shows and 30 plus dates which have been well attended and received in the US

They will need a break for sure. 40 shows with no more than technically 5 days off. If things are in place with the record company, the band, the music, the art,management and with a coherent marketing plan then maybe......maybe  we will seee a release of new music later in the year at best.

I am not confident we are there in term of hearing new music. I believe we will see more touring in 2012 which will and add closure to Chinese. There are still many cities and countries who want to see them. I think a smart way is to prepare new music between the tours for 2012. The band is physically together during these tours so a lot can get done and decided. The rest is studio time. I would like to see the band continue do more interviews in this time too like they have done in the US

Argentina got a return visit in 2010 so and I can see GNR returing To Central and South America with more dates in Brazil (maybe Bolivia added with Peru, Equador)

As mentioned Germany has not been visited as other countries in Europe. The UK there are different citiies not visited since 06. (eg. Newcastle, Glasgow, Nottingham etc

Austrailia did not get the full tour especially Brisbane and Melbourne and NZ. There are new markets in South Asia that have not been touched. Why not drop one or two new songs at the back end of the tour.

I think a full tour cycle without interuption and cancellations will put GNR in a great place in the future. Know everyone wants a new album but Like the idea of GNR pulling off about 180 places so it pulls out the the big middle finger to all the cynics and haters. Metallica did 180 odd places for the Death Magnet tour which was considered huge. Who would have considered this since the release of Chinese.

Just hoping the momentum and energy keeps going in 2012 and the band is active and out there and continueing to have fun. Just wanna say have enjoyed the music and watch the band grow. Onwards and upwards

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 02:12:23 AM »

maybe Europe again,replacing some biggest(belgrade,london,milano,bucharest,madrid,pariz...)and don't forget gnr skiped lot of countries in 2010(germany-strong gnr fan base and we can except 4-5 arena dates there,then greecce,hungary,denmark,ukraine,bulgaria)...there are a real space for 20 and more dates in Europe.

...and don?t forget Germany.
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »

They gotta coime back to halifax to hang out with the trailer park boys and to put a show on...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »

As much as we all want them to keep touring.  I think getting into the studio after this US Tour and putting down an album would be a great time.  The tour is going really well and it seems as if they are winning more and more people over.  Its like a new band starting out kinda.  Putting out more and more music will only solidify this group and create more and more believers.  There are still a lot of people out there who think they are just "hired" Guns.  The more music, this GnR puts out, the more respect and attention they will get. These guys deserve it, and I hope they do this, and then tour again after a release next year.  However, in the end, its got to be right for them.       

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »

The way the band is rolling, I just cannot see anyway that they blow through the US, especially the East Coast and do not wind up in NYC. I believe they will sell out the Garden if they end up there, but having seen the Hammerstein show years ago, I'd rather they do a few of those gigs instead.

Either way - fingers crossed that they will announce at the end of current string of dates, a NYC show

yes
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »

There could be a second leg of the N. American tour. There is some big markets. Toronto, Montreal, Boston and finish off in NY at MSG. That would be amazing and would be a must for me to go.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »

I think DJ mentioned they would be doing more shows so i hope they do and also hope they can work on some new songs. They have a ton of new songs so it would be amazing to get a new release.  You never know with GNR but i am crossing my fingers!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 01:30:46 PM »

Don't we all in our heart of hearts know that we will never get another new album unless Axl and the boys stop doing shows and actually you know, put in some real time in the studio(s). I mean, don't we all want that? I am as excited as could be about the Vegas show but, I really want them to get back to recording and putting in some substantial time. I really want new music(duh) badly.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »

Don't we all in our heart of hearts know that we will never get another new album unless Axl and the boys stop doing shows and actually you know, put in some real time in the studio(s). I mean, don't we all want that? I am as excited as could be about the Vegas show but, I really want them to get back to recording and putting in some substantial time. I really want new music(duh) badly.

Agreed, and in the long run, it would certainly suit Ron better to do studio work over touring. From what I've heard, he's going through his own personal hell to keep playing to the fans and not let them down.  I'm divided by CD2 or a totally new album and what would be best for the long term outlook for the band. A big part of me hopes for new material written by the band and keep the CD2 stuff in the vault, maybe let it drop as an unannounced post democracy album. Just find it on Amazon, HMV or other outlet, with as little notice as possible, purely as a limited edition, Axl approved artwork and a DVD of the tour, a fans boxset.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »

Personally, I sincerely hope that the bulk of 2012 is spent putting together the next album!  ok
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »

Hoping for Europe (and 20 shows in Norway) yes

Whatever 2012 brings for Guns it'll be good. They have the flow and the chemistry so both touring and album is equally good to me. I don't see why they should be in such a hurry to put out the next album when they are "re-gaining" the cred they deserve with touring, and maybe that can bring a second wave of interest for Chinese Democracy amongst before "old"-guns fans and new fans.

Lets just hope Bumblefoot turn out fine

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »

why are you talkin about Ron,what is happening with him?
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »

why are you talkin about Ron,what is happening with him?

He's still suffering from the car accident that happened back in May.

Dude needs to get healthy 100% before they do any more shows in 2012 IMO.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Chief
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »

a totally new album would take even LONGER so i am all for releasing some of the best songs they did for all these years!

Agreed, and in the long run, it would certainly suit Ron better to do studio work over touring. From what I've heard, he's going through his own personal hell to keep playing to the fans and not let them down.  I'm divided by CD2 or a totally new album and what would be best for the long term outlook for the band. A big part of me hopes for new material written by the band and keep the CD2 stuff in the vault, maybe let it drop as an unannounced post democracy album. Just find it on Amazon, HMV or other outlet, with as little notice as possible, purely as a limited edition, Axl approved artwork and a DVD of the tour, a fans boxset.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: