Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 09:42:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228029 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Quest for Axl and Izzy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Quest for Axl and Izzy  (Read 6712 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« on: December 22, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

I have a friend who is on a GNR quest - a mission which she hopes to complete.     We don't believe her goal is impossible to accomplish - difficult, maybe - but not impossible.  We have brainstormed different ideas, but to no avail.  So, she has created her own youtube video to make her request known. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOl5Ap2PKM"

If there is anyone here ( Wink )  who has any ideas or suggestions or who believes they might be able to help her reach her goal, she (and I) would be forever greatful.  Hint - she'll be attending some upcoming GNR shows. 

Just askin'. 

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »

cool she should go to the rest of the shows or one of them this year and hang out by the airoport/hotel
and for izzy i think he lives somewhere in miami not sure

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:27 AM »

I'm not 100% sure but I bought Izzy's like a dog a few years ago. And I thought I did so at http://www.chopaway.com/. I also believe that the guy who owns that website has (had?) contact with Izzy. So you might ask him if he can help you. Lots of ifs and maybes in my answer, but it's worth a try, right?

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »

Thanks, you guys!  Yes, anything's worth a try.  I'll forward the suggestions to her.  We keep hoping Izzy will go on tour again! 

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:47:59 AM »

Meet n' Greets purchased. 
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »

lol yep that's the least you can do. Even though there's no guarantee that Axl will be there too..

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »

Ya' never know, right?  So, yeah, Axl needs to attend one of the Vegas M&G's tonight or tomorrow so he can sign her ankle! 
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »

thats awesome!!

It Tastes Good Don't It?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

Well, my friend got to meet DJ, Del, Fernando, Bumblefoot, Stinson, and Dizzy.  All of which she's excited about, of course.  No Axl appearance, though.  She had a great time, but she still remains on a mission to get Axl's autograph.  How hard can it be, for f's sakes?!?!? 

BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »

I know it would be nice to get Axl's autograph but probably the nearest you're going to come is either bumping into him randomly outside a hotel or getting a hold of one of those personalised guitar picks they made for him with his signature on the back. They can be found on EBay and the like.

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »

you know at the end of each tokyo vids you see a small clip of every member of the band with their signature at the side. not izzys thou

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »

BumbleBuzz - No, you don't understand - the guitar pick won't work.  It has to be a signature on her ankle.

rebelhipi - what does that mean?  He doesn't sign anything?!? 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:45 AM »

She's now starting to have dreams about it:   hihi

19th January 2012

It?s Called the Street of Dreams

Apparently my quest is not just on my conscious mind, it is on my subconscious too, so I thought I better start recording my dreams because, to me, they are pretty funny.  Over the past month I have had 4 dreams having to do with my quest.  They are as follows:

1.  In the first one I am at Pine Knob seeing Guns N Roses.  I sneak backstage, which turns out to be like a barn with a maze of long black pieces of cloth.  I find my way through and when I come out of this maze Axl is a ways away, at a microwave on top of a hill with Beta.  I go over to him and ask him to sign my leg.  He says yes and writes on my leg.  He writes ?you will be hearing from my lawyers?.

2.  In my second dream I ask Axl to sign my leg and he says yes.  Somehow above where I want him to sign are the names of two people I went to high school with.  He sees this and signs one of their names instead of his own.

3.  In the third dream I ask Axl to sign my leg and he says yes.  When I pull up the leg of my pants so he can do so it turns out that Sammy Hagar has signed in part of the area and Duff has written a bunch of math equations in the other part of the area and there is nowhere for Axl to sign and he gets really mad.

4.  In the fourth dream I am backstage at a music festival where Guns N Roses is playing, but not all the way backstage.  So I am sitting at a picnic table just hanging out with some random people asking who can get me further backstage so I can ask Axl to sign my leg.  It turns out one of the guys from the Gutter Punx (a local Detroit band) is there and can help me until 10pm, but after that his pass expires.  {Apparently I need to see if the Gutter Punx play anywhere these days and go see them?}

http://mygnrquest.tumblr.com/
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »

Gosh Lynn sounds like it is really weighing in on your subconscious for sure, lots of crazy dreams.  Glad it wasn't me who had to pull my pant leg up as I have a tat Axl would despise on my right ankle and I won't say who it is lol...  Anyway I can't tell you how many times I have went to a show with my very special white leather Guns n Roses jacket with high hopes I may get it signed, but to no avail.  Even after the Seattle show this year, I brought it along with a pinch of hope, but noooooooo gooooooo!!  I even hung out for awhile after the show, but it was cold and I was glad I didn't wait to much as he was preparing for an interview with the LA times.  Like so many of us fans I think it is a dream indeed that we all wish to accomplish and some of us are lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, that is all it really is.  Anyway I wish you and your friend much luck fulfilling this huge desire......

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
my13self
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »

Yeah!  I have a login now!  Woo Hoo!

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback everyone!  Much appreciated!   Smiley

It was a bummer to not meet Axl in Vegas, I really thought I would meet him while I was there.  I guess just because of the effort/money I had put forth.  Flying from Detroit, buying the tickets, the meet and greets (yes plural), plus the hotel and transportation and food and incidentals...but it's not like Axl knew all of that I suppose.  As I told the person running the meet and greet when he said "I hope you still had a good time."  I have NEVER had a bad time at a GNR show, and that was one of the best New Year's Eves of my life, so I have no complaints.

I do have images of Axl's signature, but that's not how it works for me.  He's gotta sign it himself and then I gotta run to the tattoo place, make sure they don't wipe it off (yes, this is a problem) and they trace it and make sure it stays forever!  So, any suggestions or passing along of my video are greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

And special thanks to Lynn1961 for passing along my info before I could do so myself!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOl5Ap2PKM
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »

You're welcome!   Smiley
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »

Update - she got Axl's!!!  At the Detroit show.  He even mentioned her, on stage. 

She won't be selling that  on e-bay!

Now, to find the ever elusive Izzy! 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

haha that pic of axl signing her leg is awesome!
Annie
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »

haha that pic of axl signing her leg is awesome!
I concur. I'm very happy that her quest is coming true! Rock on girl.!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »

Persistance paid off. Axl's a pretty cool fucker off stage.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: