Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 191218 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1100 on: October 25, 2012, 02:07:49 PM »

The Giants have "that look" about them for sure, tonight should be fun.

I'm a Card carrying holder of the self proclaimed BFIB's (Best Fans In Baseball) but I must say the whole vibe in SF at ATT Park is a different animal.

It's awesome, home games in other parks throughout the playoffs have been like dinner theatre, games in Frisco are full on rock show.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1101 on: October 25, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »

I guess that the San Francisco Giants are hitting the panic button on one of their players. Apparently they are open to a trade for Tim Lincecum. The Chicago White Sox should take advantage of this and make this trade, as long as he isn?t hurt.

Lincecum has had a terrible year. It is unlike him seeing as he was an All-Star from 2008-2011 and a two time Cy Young award winner. Yet in 2012 he was 10-15 and had an ERA of 5.18. In the World Series Bruce Bochy put Lincecum in the bullpen instead of the starting rotation.

People in the Giants organization seem to think that Lincecum?s struggles are due to his mechanics. There might be something else going on though with Lincecum. His fastball dropped from 98 mph to 92. Mechanics don?t tend to drop a pitchers velocity that low.

If Lincecum?s problems are strictly mechanics I can?t think of anyone better than White Sox pitching Coach Don Cooper to fix his problem. White Sox fans will remember that when they traded for Matt Thornton that he had his own mechanic issues. It plagued him when he was with the Seattle Mariners and people were concerned that Cooper wouldn?t be able to fix it.

Cooper instantly adjusted Thornton?s delivery, release point, and other mechanics and he has become an asset and one of the best left handed relievers in the game.

The White Sox should also consider trading for Lincecum since Jake Peavy and Gavin Floyd might not be back next year. While the White Sox do want to go young, passing up on Lincecum would be foolish. The White Sox could also do a sign and trade with Floyd. There are also possible prospects to trade to the Giants.

The White Sox should still look long and hard at Lincecum and make sure that he isn?t hurt. They already had that issue when they traded for Peavy. He had an injury at the trade and couldn?t make an immediate impact when the White Sox traded for him.

The White Sox would have an instant upgrade in their starting rotation with two All Stars. Chris Sale and Lincecum would be the two aces on the staff.

Kenny Williams has been known to take risks and pull the trigger when he thinks he can upgrade the White Sox.

As long as it has to do with mechanics and not injuries I think that Lincecum is worth the risk.

http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2012/10/24/mlb-rumors-will-the-chicago-white-sox-trade-for-tim-lincecum/

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: October 25, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

Lincecum has been better out of the pen in the postseason.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

Alright fellas, now that all our teams have got jettisoned - what's the off season plan?

Tim/pilf - Latest on ARod? Any Cano vibe yet, if so - how much/long? 

faldor - Anythihg going on beyond the manager change and Ortiz?

George - Is Wright gonna get a 100 milion$ deal?

And anyone else and their teams I've overlooked.

Cards are looking for middle infield help and that's about it, lotsa Elvis Andrus dreams by the faithful but the price tag will be steep..

How long til pitchers and catchers report?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »

Falcon,
With Sandy bearing down, I have been out of the Yankee loop. I know CC had surgery, Cash said he would listen to Arod offers, but he would probably be a Yankee next year. And Arod sapys he eants to stay, and has told friends he would not approve any traldes.  Also, Mo is being rumored to retire. I would not expect Cano news til November or December...but maybe others have more recent news.

FYI, i will likely be out of contact til late next week.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: October 26, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »

I honestly don't think Mo is gonna retire. My gut tells me he plays next year and goes out the way he wants to on his terms. He's a proud man and won't go out like this. I know he's really feeling the tug of staying with the family but i think going out on top will be too much to resist.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1106 on: October 26, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

Without a doubt.  May not come from the Mets (and he may not take it from them even if they offer it), but he's getting his $100M.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1107 on: October 26, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »

I've heard Elvis Andrus to the Red Sox rumors as well.  In exchange for Ellsbury.  The Sox will most likely field offers on Ellsbury, seeing as signing him long term when he hits FA is doubtful.  He's such a tough player to gauge his worth.  Is he the MVP candidate from 2 years ago or the guy who's struggled to get through a season healthy 2 of the last 3 seasons?  Or is he a .300, 10 HR, 50 SB guy?  The money for those 3 different scenarios would be vastly different.  Anyway, I'd prefer to trade him for pitching but Andrus wouldn't be a bad 2nd option.  I've lost all hope in Jose Iglesias as a major league SS.  They've been hyping him up for 3+ years now and it appears he will never be able to hit major league pitching.  A Rey Ordonez type player at best.  Ciriaco had a nice run last season, but I'm not sure he's an everyday player.  So there is a need at SS, at least until the next big thing, Xander Bogarts, is ready for the majors.  He's probably 2 years away though.  If they can't deal for Andrus, they could sign a veteran SS for 1 year or just go with a Ciriaco/Iglesias platoon.  Play the hot hand, or less cold hand at least.

I hope the Sox make a run at Mike Napoli.  He could be their primary 1B, and occasional C.  It doesn't seem they're sold on Salty as their catcher.  He's got good power, but he strikes out a ton and pitchers apparently don't like throwing to him.  At least according to the numbers.  So they could also look to trade him, and go with Ryan Lavarnway as their starting C. 

I've heard some rumblings about possibly bringing in a veteran OF like Torii Hunter.  That would obviously be more of a need if they deal Ellsbury. 

It should be an interesting off season.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1108 on: October 26, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

Falcon,
With Sandy bearing down, I have been out of the Yankee loop. I know CC had surgery, Cash said he would listen to Arod offers, but he would probably be a Yankee next year. And Arod sapys he eants to stay, and has told friends he would not approve any traldes.  Also, Mo is being rumored to retire. I would not expect Cano news til November or December...but maybe others have more recent news.

Batten down the hatches pilf, stay safe.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1109 on: October 26, 2012, 08:05:18 PM »

Without a doubt.  May not come from the Mets (and he may not take it from them even if they offer it), but he's getting his $100M.

I think it probably will come from the Mets, I doubt they'll let him get to the open market.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1110 on: October 26, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

Falcon,

I'm hoping this hurricane doesn't live up to the hype, but it looks ominous for us East Coasters.  Hopefully power won't be lost for 10 days like in last years October snowstorm.  That was AWFUL!  I should have access to a generator this time around if it comes to that.  Hopefully it doesn't though.  And at least it won't be 30 degrees during the nights this time.  Did I say how awful that was?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1111 on: October 26, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

Falcon,

I'm hoping this hurricane doesn't live up to the hype, but it looks ominous for us East Coasters.  Hopefully power won't be lost for 10 days like in last years October snowstorm.  That was AWFUL!  I should have access to a generator this time around if it comes to that.  Hopefully it doesn't though.  And at least it won't be 30 degrees during the nights this time.  Did I say how awful that was?

I can imagine. Before my family left New York we were hit with Hurricane Gloria in 85. I remember having no power for two weeks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1112 on: October 26, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »

Falcon,

I can imagine. Before my family left New York we were hit with Hurricane Gloria in 85. I remember having no power for two weeks.
That's the last time a hurricane really hit us up here, but now it looks like 2 years in a row.  I was lucky enough and didn't lose power at all last year for Hurricane Irene.  But that October snowstorm hardly spared anyone.  They say this storm could be worse.  I hope they're wrong.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: October 26, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »

Falcon,

That's the last time a hurricane really hit us up here, but now it looks like 2 years in a row.  I was lucky enough and didn't lose power at all last year for Hurricane Irene.  But that October snowstorm hardly spared anyone.  They say this storm could be worse.  I hope they're wrong.

Yeah, there was another one a few years later named Charlie i believe. It didn't hit that hard though the brunt of it missed us that time. We got rain and some wind but didn't lose power that time. I don't ever remember losing power from a snow storm though. The power outage sucked so bad though. Imagine being 8 years old and having no power for two weeks.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:25:35 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1114 on: October 27, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »

Game 3 tonight, does anyone care?

I'll check the score from time to time but that's about it...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: October 27, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Judging by game 2's ratings no one does unless you're in Detroit or San Francisco.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: October 27, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »

Detroit better not bust a Texas 2010.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1117 on: October 27, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »

Tonight is a must win for Detroit, they simply can't go down 3-0.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1118 on: October 29, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

Well that was a pretty unexciting World Series.

Early odds on next season are out already.  I agree the Tigers should be right back in the thick of things.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

The early 2013 @BovadaLV World Series odds: Detroit 6-1, Yankees 7-1, Giants 10-1, Nats 12-1,TEX 12-1,Angels 12-1, PHI/STL/CIN/ATL all 14-1.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1119 on: October 29, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »

Yeah, it would've been more exciting if it went like the NLCS did. The Tigers just ran into a team on a roll that couldn't be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: