Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  True or false? - Old news/rumors
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: True or false? - Old news/rumors  (Read 2305 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« on: March 13, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

I thought this would be an appropriate topic for the Dead Horse section!

I was browsing through the first bits of news posted on this site, remembering all of the rumors about who was in and out of this band for a long time.  Some of the rumors I had completely forgotten about.  I was curious to know if we ever got actual confirmations or denials on some of them.  Or if there was ever any truth to the rumors at some point.

They are listed below:

12/30/96: Steve Jones to guest on CD?
7/13/97: Chris Vrenna rehearsing with GNR
4/9/99: GNR at Woodstock '99?
11/5/00: Zim Zum turns down offer to be in GNR

Did we ever find out what happened with Woodstock '99?  Were they ever really in the running to play?

I also find the Zim Zum rumor to be very interesting.  I would love to hear more about that if anything was seriously discussed. 

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »

i guess chris vrenna is confirmed as being true. Axl also mentioned in the chats (of if it was the del interview) that they was thinking about having 2 drummers. though i don't remember the name of the drumming duo.
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

i guess chris vrenna is confirmed as being true. Axl also mentioned in the chats (of if it was the del interview) that they was thinking about having 2 drummers. though i don't remember the name of the drumming duo.

Two drummers would be very cool, and maybe they could it now with Brain and Frank.

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:42:10 PM »

Two drummers would be very cool, and maybe they could it now with Brain and Frank.
all brain did was banging some congas with his old pals. he won't rejoin the band.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »

The Vrenna, Zim Zum and John 5 (not listed above) rumors fascinate me.  When you listen to CD there is not the heavy industrial influence I think a lot of people were expecting to hear.  I wonder why Axl felt the need to try to recruit guys like that.  Not to mention Robin ended up being a full time member in the band.  I guess in 1999 when you hear Oh My God you can hear that influence much more than you can when you listen to CD.  Perhaps there was just a natural progression back to the UYI style songs after a while. 

I would love to hear any rehearsals and/or demos that Chris Vrenna and Dave Abbruzzese (confirmed) recorded with those guys. 

As for Woodstock, I remember hearing those rumors too.  I was seriously considering buying tickets for that before GNR was confirmed just in case they did play.  Thank God I didn't!  There was a riot there without GNR playing haha. 

new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:08 AM »

all brain did was banging some congas with his old pals. he won't rejoin the band.

I know, but i really wanna see GN'R with 2 drummers. i have this idea since 2009!

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: