Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Really dont know where this belongs " cant find the reply button for march 12"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really dont know where this belongs " cant find the reply button for march 12"  (Read 2358 times)
GNRMTL
Headliner

« on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

It has been ages since I have posted I had to re-register.  I just want to say how awful some of you guys sound in that topic.  With this band it seems some of you are never happy and I'm betting most of those parties are just internet trolls and have prob never been to a show.  I have been a fan since 1986 seen GNR numerous amount of times and have respect for all those that have played a part.  Sure people prefer different guitar styles and techniques but insulting members is so sad. So I just want to say this....People that complain about this guitarist and that one probably cant strum a note and people that talk about Axl's rasp I'm betting cant sing a note. You should all just be happy that this band is alive well and firing hard on all 8 cylinders and if you are hater why bother slandering.  Too many people spew out comments as if they are facts. Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.  Just enjoy the music and be happy you get to see it and hear it. Long live Guns n Roses and thanks to all who contribute.  PS i flew down to Miami for the UPC show and it was one of the best GNR shows I've seen besides the return they made to Montreal.

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:44:39 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

I can't speak for anyone else but, I've been playing guitar for years and I have been to 6 shows of this current lineup. So...you're wrong on every assumption.

Clearly people have different views of what is disrespectful and insulting here. Best to just let it go at this point.

Broski
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »

Welcome back GNRMTL  beer

I agree. Complaining about the musicianship of the current members is just lame....Even if one have played guitar for years and been to 6 shows...Then it's simple. Just listen to some other band with the guitar-technique u prefer.......or tape yourself and listen to that, while u wondering why u had to tape it in computer, and no one payed for studiotime for ya rofl

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »

lol, seriously? So if you don't absolutley love every single member of the band with all your heart and soul you shouldn't listen to the band? Give me a break.

Just because I prefer Robin to DJ and DJ is my least favorite GNR member of all time, doesn't change the fact that GNR are my favorite band of all time and have been so for years. No one is complaining - this is a discussion forum...and no shit, people are going to discuss Robin when he was on stage with the band at the most recent show. It's not rocket science.

I'm just a human being and I'm not going to pretend I love DJ just because he's in my favorite band now. Sorry, it may work that way for you but it doesn't for me. I don't see why people get so upset when people don't agree with them. I'm not a fan of DJ in GNR. If you are, good for you. What is there to argue about?

I don't need you telling me what bands to listen to. Thanks but, no thanks.

Side note: I've played in various studios. Nice try though.  ok

Broski
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »

Im not telling people who or what they should like Please don' t turn this into 10 pages of garbage. My point was simply to say that one does not have to be disrespectful in order to have an opinion. Debate is healthy insults are not. I stated an observation after reading a lot of garbage.  Fact

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

Im not telling people who or what they should like Please don' t turn this into 10 pages of garbage. My point was simply to say that one does not have to be disrespectful in order to have an opinion. Debate is healthy insults are not. I stated an observation after reading a lot of garbage.  Fact

then just let it go man, geez.  There is a reason why that topic was locked. 
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

lol, seriously? So if you don't absolutley love every single member of the band with all your heart and soul you shouldn't listen to the band? Give me a break.

Didn't say you shouldn't listen to the band. Just suggested it could be an idea to listen to some music with the style you prefer, instead of whining (discussing) the 'bout the guitarist in your favorite band don't play what his Highness require.

Well, you are right, taste is like an ass - split in two. But I agree with GNRMTL, no need to bad-mouth anyone (if that was aimed at you?).

Good for you that you've played in various studios (didn't claim u hadn't, but hinted that there wasn't anyone else than you/friends/family/ paying for it?), so u can listen to the guitartechnique u prefer.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »

I was responding to the post before me.

Didn't say you shouldn't listen to the band. Just suggested it could be an idea to listen to some music with the style you prefer, instead of whining (discussing) the 'bout the guitarist in your favorite band don't play what his Highness require.

Yes you did

Just listen to some other band with the guitar-technique u prefer

I'm not whining. I'm just stating my preferences. If I had something to "whine" about I wouldn't have seen the band live - simple as that.  ok

I do listen to other bands with guitar technique I like. What is your point?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:24:56 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: