Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  HBO Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony/Performance Broadcast May 5th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HBO Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony/Performance Broadcast May 5th  (Read 29672 times)
Slash2baz
Headliner

http://www.slashfrance.net

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:26 AM »

I've done a rip from the whole Gn'r part, if you guys are interested !   peace
SCOM & Paradise city included  ok

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqo8rj_gnr-hof-ceremony_music

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 08:01:21 AM »

That was awesome thanks for the link!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »

Thanks man real cool!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »

From Slash regarding the event:

For Slash, everything?s coming up Guns ?N? Roses

May 8, 2012

How did it feel getting up onstage recently with most of the Guns N? Roses guys at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions?

Slash: It was a really nice event all around, and it was a special moment for all the guys that showed up. It was a nightmare going into it, but when it actually happened it was like, ?This is pretty cool.?

At what point did your attitude change? Was it when you all finally got onstage together?

Slash: Going up there you feel very much part of something that is bigger than?all the stories, drugs, the fights and this and that and the other. There was a body of a music that had a significant impact. When you think about where we come from, which is really like sort of the back alleys of Hollywood and being just scourges of the neighborhood?it was like, ?Wow. It was a pretty big thing we ended up doing.?

What was your initial reaction after reading Axl Rose?s open letter to the Rock Hall (in which the frontman refused induction)?

Slash: The funny thing is we never would have played had he never written it. I think at one point he alluded he was at least going to go, and so we hadn?t really prepared to play at all. We were just going to show up as almost an obligatory thing ? more for the fans than anything. But that letter set a fire that was like, ?Okay, (bleep) it. We?re going to go play.? So it really almost didn?t happen. And if it hadn?t been for that special letter it wouldn?t have.

In a 1988 interview Axl described you by saying you were quiet, but then you pick up a guitar ?and your heart and soul seem to pour out.? Has it always been easier for you to communicate with a guitar in your hands?

Slash: I would say that is my main source of communication (laughs). I find I?m more direct and heartfelt with a guitar. It definitely doesn?t come verbally. That?s actually a chore for me.

http://host.madison.com/entertainment/music/for-slash-everything-s-coming-up-guns-n-roses/article_e0d3d6e9-9ced-5b87-871a-d75da4b66086.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
overmatik
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 06:50:55 PM »

This is the 1988 interview the guy is referring to:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNZV1dADkY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFze12YD9Gw&feature=relmfu

Cry
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »

This is the 1988 interview the guy is referring to:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNZV1dADkY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFze12YD9Gw&feature=relmfu

Cry

Yeah, I used to have that on video.  That was part of the Headbanger's Ball broadcast of the famous 2/2/88 Ritz show.

Axl: Slash is one of the most emotional guitar players that I've ever met. I saw all these people trying to be Eddie van Halen. And it took 5 years to find somebody who played more from the heart rather than just trying to be the fastest, to be a big rock star. He'll be very quiet most of the time until he picks up a guitar and his heart and soul seems to pour out through the guitar. And I'll sit right in front of his amp when he's doing a solo. It means so much to me just to hear that.

I also enjoyed the light-hearted debate between Axl and Slash over whether or not Slash should have curly hair in Axl's tattoo.   Cheesy
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »

Awesome!  Any chance of posting that on youtube?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »

Awesome!  Any chance of posting that on youtube?

make sure you name it something random, or else it will be removed
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »

make sure you name it something random, or else it will be removed

Good call.   ok
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 01:53:17 AM »

whats up with watch this playing in the background when they gave the old guys their trophys???

i would like to hear prostitute during a velvet revolver ceremony or whatever thing they might come up.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »

whats up with watch this playing in the background when they gave the old guys their trophys???

i would like to hear prostitute during a velvet revolver ceremony or whatever thing they might come up.
Not sure why that was done.  Seems like it was only aired that way in Canada though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 02:58:17 AM »

Here is the complete thing with PC as intro for the guys!  ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-HYJ9e-js
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »

Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame 2012 - Final Jam Slash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB1PNf-lMMo
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

Thanks a million. That was frickin'  awesome.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

From Slash:

May 10, 2012

How does it feel to be a member of the Rock ?n? Roll Hall of Fame?

Slash: I don?t know if it feels like anything at this point in time. You just move on and get back to washing dishes, or whatever you do. It?s a little overwhelming. Going into it, I was very skeptical. I didn?t want to go (to the ceremony) because it was such a mess between the band members, and I?ve always had issues with the Hall because of bands that haven?t been inducted, and why. But eventually, I was inspired to show appreciation to a legion of fans, who have been loyal for so many years. When our moment came, I realized it was really bigger than the guys themselves. It was about the entity that is Guns ?n? Roses. It finally felt legitimate and significant. But I still have issues about the people who have and haven?t been inducted.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/05/q_a_with_slash_former_guns_n_r.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2012/05/a_hall_of_appreciation_a_touch.php

A Hall of Appreciation, a Touch of Regret

By Duff McKaganThu., May 10 2012 at 8:00 AM

Duff McKagan is the founding bassist in Guns N' Roses and the leader of Seattle's Loaded. His column runs every Thursday on Reverb.

Watching the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony special on HBO last weekend, I was also struck by how honored I was to have been included in such an epic class of bands and artists. GNR opened for the Peppers a few times in LA back in the early days. They were king-shit on the hill back then. And the Beasties were the hard-core East Coast counterpart to what we were oozing over on the West Coast. In fact, I seem to remember us being in the same club sometime in 1986, and the rumor of us brawling against each other was rampant throughout the club that night. Ah...testosterone!

There we all were in Cleveland, last month. Bands that made some sort of difference somewhere. The Peppers still do, and so do the Beasties. And they both stayed together, through thick...and blackened thin. But GNR didn't survive the folly and nonsense. We didn't rise above.

Watching that HBO Special made me sad -- for the very first time, perhaps--that the original GNR didn't somehow stay together. It would have been a miracle if we did. If I'd known then what I know now, I would have done my part to try and rid that band of the caustic resentments and outside inputs that finally wore us down to a nub of what we once were, and what we could have come back from. Alas, it just wasn't in the cards.

A funny thing happened in the lead-up to Cleveland. It seemed that there was an understanding -- not only with the people who had flown to Cleveland to see "their band" inducted -- but in how the other inductees rallied around Slash, Steven, Matt, and myself. They had our backs, and all offered their help in any way that we could use it.

Walking into the lobby at the hotel that all the artists were staying at, the first fellow inductee I saw was fucking Ronnie Wood from the Faces/Stones. He gave me a big hug, and smiled a huge grin. "Isn't this going to be fucking great, Duff?!" Uh, yeah, sure. What a welcome!

Flea gave me a big hug later that afternoon, and so did Chad Smith. The Green Day guys came to my book reading the night before at the House Of Blues, and Billie Joe and I devised a plan where he would sing whatever was needed...if needed.

In the aftermath of all of the drama leading up to the event, and a few people from our camp stating publicly that they weren't coming at all, I stuck with the mindset that I was there to honor our fanbase who had been there for us for more than 25 years.

It was a very poignant night. And after watching the broadcast -- and seeing my old friends perform for our diehard fans -- it's starting to sink in just how heavy the event was for me on a personal level.

We really didn't know if we were going to play at all. It wasn't cemented until we actually rehearsed at 2 a.m. the day of the show (right after my reading. It was all THAT last-minute. In fact, my band and soundman for the reading -- Jeff and Mike from Loaded, and Seattle's own Martin Feveyear -- instantly became GNR's crew! That's right. We hadn't even thought ahead about guitar techs, drum techs, or sound guys. So it was nice to have them there with me for the RRHOF, for sure).

For Slash and me, it was the first time we'd played our songs with Steven Adler in something like 22 years. We had to wonder: Would it work? Would we be able to get our mojo back with only 14 hours to spare before playing in front of an audience of 7,000, and be filmed for an HBO Special!?

I couldn't have been more proud of the guys I did take the stage with that night (special thanks to guitarist Gilby Clarke and singer Myles Kennedy for their heroic, last-minute efforts). My bandmates composed themselves in the face of so much unneeded drama. We had no resentment, and showed up to pay homage to those fans who did their part for us.

At the end of the day, I am so very satisfied about the outcome of that night in Cleveland. It was about the music that GNR wrote way back when. And the fact that a few of us showed up to reciprocate our appreciation was certainly enough for the occasion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

Nicely written by Duff; he just gets it....
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »

Did anyone else get the feeling he was annoyed at those who chose not to attend?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

Did anyone else get the feeling he was annoyed at those who chose not to attend?

I don't think he felt annoyed, just disappointed. 
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »

Very well written! I would say Duff is more disappointed that some people  did a no show. I feel badly for Duff in all of this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: