Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 03:33:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash: 'We're Starting Work On The Next Record'  (Read 27361 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 13, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Slash Speaks After Hollywood Walk of Fame Dedication

Energized guitarist feels he's 'cresting a wave'

JULY 11, 2012

Slash was honored yesterday with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Coming just three months after his induction with Guns N' Roses into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it makes for quite a year ? tributes that would cap many a rocker's career. But Slash, who turns 47 this month, is feeling quite the opposite.

"I definitely feel like I'm cresting a certain wave in my career where I'm having a really great time, I love what I'm doing, I love the people I'm working with and I'm feeling very energized," he told Rolling Stone after the star ceremony. "I haven't had that feeling since when Guns started."

He's feeling so motivated, he and his current band, featuring Myles Kennedy on vocals, are already looking ahead. "We've got the tour that's gonna go into next year, we're starting work on the next record," Slash says. It will be with the same band with which he made the current Apocalyptic Love album.

"It's kind of a Cinderella story," he said. "I had no idea this was going to be a band I was going to do things with ? I thought it was a pickup band. It turned out to be really, from the get-go, this kickass band, and now it's more like a group."

He traces all this enthusiasm to the work he started on his first solo album, Slash. "Ever since I went and did the solo record, it's all been hugely forward-moving, energetic," he said. "I've been really enjoying it."

It was a welcome change of pace after the drama of Velvet Revolver, which he said wasn't entirely the musicians' fault. "There wasn't necessarily pressure internally from Velvet Revolver, but it came from external, from management and all this kind of shit, and it got really crazy and hard to control," he said.

The hype that surrounded that group from the outset didn't help matters at all. "When we were putting it together word got out, and that awful fucking term, 'supergroup,' came up," he said. "We were fine, but then somehow that distorted a lot of different things and it just became a really unpleasant situation."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/slash-speaks-after-hollywood-walk-of-fame-dedication-20120711

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:14 PM »

Ugh, not too excited to hear this.  Just what we need another half assed record thrown together.  Quantity over quality seems to be what Slash is aiming for these days.  The self titled album took some time as did "Contraband" and those turned out really cool, this last record, not so much.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:22 PM »

I'm really enjoying Slash's new album! Great to run to, aswell.

In the absence of a new GNR album it certainly keeps things moving on aswell - any song is better than no song.

Here today...ready to rock
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »

It's really obvious that he has no interest in VR. I didn't even buy the last Slash record because of Myles' vocals.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »

Is it that bad that there's no VR? I say no.. personally, I'm enjoying the Slash and Loaded albums a lot more then VR.. altough Apo Love doesn't do much for me. But we still got Loaded Cool

Only thing missing is the icing on the cake, a new Izzy release Tongue
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »

I think Slash really enjoys writing and playing new music.  I am all for it if its what he wants to do.  I wasn't a huge fan of Apocalyptic Love, but its a solid effort.  The first solo album was incredible. 
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

Cool to hear he doesn't plan on slowing down.
Apoc Love has some really cool moments on it. Myles inability to write creative lyrics keep it from being a great record, but I still enjoy it on the whole.
It's still better than 99.9% of the bullshit labeled as "rock" today, and the band rocks live.

Not losing any sleep over the end of VR, but would definitely like to see Slash and Izzy working together again at some point.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »

would definitely like to see Slash and Izzy working together again at some point.

Yeah, at the very least, Slash could bring in Izzy or Steven as guests on separate tracks.  Either way, I'm also glad he isn't waiting around for anything else to happen, he's just going full-throttle.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 12:23:19 AM »

Ugh, not too excited to hear this.  Just what we need another half assed record thrown together.  Quantity over quality seems to be what Slash is aiming for these days.  The self titled album took some time as did "Contraband" and those turned out really cool, this last record, not so much.

seconded... for me, its the pathetic other band members, the bass player and the drummer that are ruining it. The vibe they're building is really cheesy 80s crap. I think Slash and Myles are both icing but both need to be with some sort of 'cake' underneath. that's pretty inarticulate but you get my point
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »

It's really obvious that he has no interest in VR. I didn't even buy the last Slash record because of Myles' vocals.

Not a fan of Myles either. This sucks, was hoping for some sign of life for VR. Less likely now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 07:15:20 AM »

lol, this truly suck ass.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »

I would prefer Velvet Revolver, but in all fairness, I haven't bought his new album yet, so I'll have to see if it grows on me-I did like the first one.

libertad
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »

Cool to hear he doesn't plan on slowing down.
Apoc Love has some really cool moments on it. Myles inability to write creative lyrics keep it from being a great record, but I still enjoy it on the whole.
It's still better than 99.9% of the bullshit labeled as "rock" today, and the band rocks live.

Not losing any sleep over the end of VR, but would definitely like to see Slash and Izzy working together again at some point.

oh yeah i agree...how about Slash feat. Izzy Stradlin - Apocalyptic Rock n' Roll Fuckfest!
Izzy doesnt hit me as the kinda guy that want to be the main man in anything big, so the "feat." suits it well.
seriously though, Slash and Izzy together on record again, it would be HUGE!
i've never heard 2 guitar players melt together the way they did, ever...in history..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »

Izzy and Slash on,

Ghost (Slash)
Pleasing (Velvet Revolver demo)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »

I'll be honest with you guys, I haven't purchased any of the Slash solo albums, but have heard them via a friend who loves Slash. The first album was ok, some standout tunes on that one like By The Sword and Starlight. But regarding his latest effort... I couldn't wait for it to end when my friend braught it around my house.

Every song is generic, boring and standard rock n' roll... and it just goes on and on and on.  Undecided

I haven't got a clue why he is now doing a 3rd album, and especially with Myles... Seriously the latest album is probably Slash's worst album since Slash's Snakepit. Not a fan at all...

And BTW, I never wanted to hate it at all.  Tongue
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 06:14:44 AM »

I do agree that sometimes Slash goes for quantity over quality.  He always seems to be in a rush to get an album out and get touring. 

Still though, in my humble opinion, he has released better songs than any current or ex gunner.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:12 AM »

I'll be honest with you guys, I haven't purchased any of the Slash solo albums, but have heard them via a friend who loves Slash. The first album was ok, some standout tunes on that one like By The Sword and Starlight. But regarding his latest effort... I couldn't wait for it to end when my friend braught it around my house.

Every song is generic, boring and standard rock n' roll... and it just goes on and on and on.  Undecided

I haven't got a clue why he is now doing a 3rd album, and especially with Myles... Seriously the latest album is probably Slash's worst album since Slash's Snakepit. Not a fan at all...

Yeah, sure. You didn't want to hate it at all. So the only other explanation is that you're fucking deaf.

Fuck 'Em All.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »

I think Slash's first solo album is the best material the current/former members have produced since UYI, so I don't necessarily have a problem with him sticking with the solo route.
This won't be a solo record, though. Regardless of what it's called, it's a band.
Slash and Myles is a cohesive/solid record with some really cool moments but overall underwhelming lyrics.

Am I psyched for the next record? No, because I think Myles is what he is.
Good voice/range, light on content.

Thing is, there aren't many singers out there that we know about today that aren't light on the creative side.
People that once wrote good lyrics, don't anymore(Scott).

Should Slash wait around for the perfect frontman?
I'd personally like to see him collaborate with Stockdale, Cornell or Lanegan, but outside of that no one really excites me.

I'd prefer to hear him play rock n' roll than make Jeff Beck type records, so..
His playing is top notch on the last record, and I'm excited to hear what else he comes up with.
This band is also great live, though I'm partial to last years setlist.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »

Yeah, sure. You didn't want to hate it at all. So the only other explanation is that you're fucking deaf.

I think you're gonna find that a lot of us aren't enthralled with this newest Slash album. And I can't assure you I'm not "fucking deaf".

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

I hear ya dude, I wanted to love it and I didn't.  Its alright, I think there are some good tunes on it, but as a whole its somewhat disappointing for me.  I have already stopped listening to it, unlike the first solo album that I actually still play every now and again. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: