Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 429905 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #1540 on: November 27, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »

So the DVD came out here in Canada in early November.  The Blue Ray Double CD came out on November 24th.

My local Walmart had the DVD.  One copy and I bought it.  They have since received 3 more, which are buried on the bottom of a shelf.

The Double CD version my local HMV received only 2, which I had bought before they hit the shelves.  I still have some reserved if they get more in (meaning these will never be "fro sale" to general public.

I tried to find more, but visits to 2 Walmarts, a Best Buy and a Futureshop all turned up nothing.  None of them are carrying it or have it on their stock lists as coming in..

I see people posting that the DVD is #whatever.....but I can't help but think the release on this must be handicapping those numbers.

If none of these stores are carrying it, the knowledge that this thing is even available is something that is being missed by the general population.  At least here in Canada, which is a shame.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1541 on: November 27, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »

So the DVD came out here in Canada in early November.  The Blue Ray Double CD came out on November 24th.

My local Walmart had the DVD.  One copy and I bought it.  They have since received 3 more, which are buried on the bottom of a shelf.

The Double CD version my local HMV received only 2, which I had bought before they hit the shelves.  I still have some reserved if they get more in (meaning these will never be "fro sale" to general public.

I tried to find more, but visits to 2 Walmarts, a Best Buy and a Futureshop all turned up nothing.  None of them are carrying it or have it on their stock lists as coming in..

I see people posting that the DVD is #whatever.....but I can't help but think the release on this must be handicapping those numbers.

If none of these stores are carrying it, the knowledge that this thing is even available is something that is being missed by the general population.  At least here in Canada, which is a shame.

In Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, peru... NOT ApttFrDmcrzy 3D, DVD, CD's, Nothing...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #1542 on: November 28, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »

In Arg. there is very good distribution, it is in every record store. Only 2CD+DVD edition
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1543 on: November 28, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »

Interesting.  My version (US) box set had within the box a separate blu-ray and separate cd, each within their own case (blu-ray same as standalone and cd with its own cd case).  Looks like regions got one big box with all discs in the same case.

Very happy with whole thing.  Going to dell the unwrapped blu-ray as I already bought the standalone, but cd is of very good quality as well and enjoy it much more frequently than watching the movie. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #1544 on: November 28, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »

I wish to have the 2CD in its own cd case!! I would like more

Yes, the international release is  whitin dvd or bluray + 2CD in the same box...
You bought at best buy?, I read that comes without t-shirt, right?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:44:57 PM by santiago-gnr » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1545 on: November 29, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »

In Arg. there is very good distribution, it is in every record store. Only 2CD+DVD edition

Excelent

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1546 on: November 29, 2014, 08:57:40 AM »

I wish to have the 2CD in its own cd case!! I would like more

Yes, the international release is  whitin dvd or bluray + 2CD in the same box...
You bought at best buy?, I read that comes without t-shirt, right?
I got it from Best Buy and it came in one box, without the t-shirt. I called to inquire about it and they knew nothing of the t-shirt and said the item was hard to find in their system. The version I got was fine, just more expensive than on Amazon and no t-shirt. So Amazon it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »

Do you know if it has the same product number as the box with the t-shirt?

The international version of the Blu-ray + 2CD is:
UPC 00602547035776

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1548 on: December 03, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »

Do you know if it has the same product number as the box with the t-shirt?

The international version of the Blu-ray + 2CD is:
UPC 00602547035776

/jarmo
Actually it does have that same UPC, with 2 less 0's at the beginning. Just starts with a 6. Other than that all the numbers are the same. So do you think I got the right version, they just forgot the shirt? Again, details were sketchy and I knew way more about the item than anyone I spoke to. Not a big surprise. And now that I look at the product description online, they now list the T-shirt as part of the package. The mystery continues. Still costs more than on Amazon though I believe.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/appetite-for-democracy-3d-live-at-the-pa-cd/9390114.p?id=3311817&skuId=9390114

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1549 on: December 03, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »

The one you linked to has UPC 602547023834.

I was just wondering if the one without is the international version.... The one they sell over here in Europe.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1550 on: December 03, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »

The one you linked to has UPC 602547023834.

I was just wondering if the one without is the international version.... The one they sell over here in Europe.

/jarmo

that I do not know. I'm in the US and that's the version I got, albeit incomplete. Maybe they're getting things squared away at Best Buy, but I have my doubts.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1551 on: December 04, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »

Looking at online retailers over here, many of them have multiple versions on sale. Some are imported....

/jarmo

santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #1552 on: December 04, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »

Digital Moovie available in iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/appetite-for-democracy-live/id914230135
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1553 on: December 04, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »

Thanks for posting!

Also available digitally on Amazon.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:32:25 AM by jarmo » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1554 on: December 06, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

I know the producers talked abut a Grammy nomination, but sadly Appetite For Democracy was not included in this years nominations.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:29:53 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1555 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »

Hardly surprising.
GN'R and the Grammys don't seem to mix.

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1556 on: December 08, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »

Just a few more days till I finish my last final. Then I get to go home and watch this thing! I haven't been this excited for something in a long time.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1557 on: December 09, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »

Hardly surprising.

/jarmo

Good Point.

It isn't "politically correct" to like GNR, defying norms seems to upset many. hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1558 on: December 09, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »

Hardly surprising.

/jarmo

Good Point.

It isn't "politically correct" to like GNR, defying norms seems to upset many. hihi

Do we even know if they were entered to the nominations? Normally, the record company has to enter the artist to be eligible for a vote into the nominees.

I think I read somewhere that GN'R weren't even entered back when the Illusions were eligible. Could it be by request of the artist? Not sure how that works.

I wouldn't go as far as saying this is a "GN'R against the world" scenario. I doubt that.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1559 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »

Good point. I have no idea what goes on there. All I know is that GN'R never got that award....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:01:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: