Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver  (Read 69659 times)
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:57 PM »

Got no idea if this is correct or not. But the GNR Farm guy said to me shortly after the Hall Of Fame show that he heard VR was going to reform but with Gilby and Myles rather than Dave and Scott.

At the very least this is an interesting possibility. Myles is a great singer and plays guitar and Gilby rocks.
overmatik
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 09:14:06 AM »

Got no idea if this is correct or not. But the GNR Farm guy said to me shortly after the Hall Of Fame show that he heard VR was going to reform but with Gilby and Myles rather than Dave and Scott.

At the very least this is an interesting possibility. Myles is a great singer and plays guitar and Gilby rocks.

In a way that would be cool, as it would be GNR MK III without Axl, something I wish had been attempted as early as 1997. On the other hand, Duff and Dave seem to be very close, and I guess it would feel awkward to Duff to replace him. Unless they went by another name...  Huh
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »

Scott and Dave are very close so maybe that's why Dave wasn't gonna go for VR with Myles as a singer and they thought of Gilby instead?

I like Gilby but Myles is the wrong choice for VR. He just doesn't have "it".
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »

Who is the GNR Farm guy and how would he know this?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »

Who is the GNR Farm guy and how would he know this?

Don't know guys name. He runs a website called gnrfarm.com. After Izzy and Axl didn't turn up to Guns Hall Of Fame induction, Matt, Steven, Duff and Slash played short set with Gilby and Myles. He just heard that as Gilby's still got that spark and chemistry with Duff, Matt and Slash and Myles cool too that when Slash and Myles were done with their current album that Gilby n Myles were gonna' join VR.

I have no idea if this is true or not. Just what this guy heard.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 09:04:24 PM »

too that when Slash and Myles were done with their current album that Gilby n Myles were gonna' join VR.

Sounds unlikely to me.  I'll believe that when I see it.  In fact, I'll believe anything is going on at all with VR when I see it.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2013, 10:37:18 AM »

too that when Slash and Myles were done with their current album that Gilby n Myles were gonna' join VR.

Sounds unlikely to me.  I'll believe that when I see it.  In fact, I'll believe anything is going on at all with VR when I see it.

I would say all signs point to VR being done completely. Without Slash nothing will happen there and I don't think he sees any reason to go back to it. I don't even know if it would be all that successful anyway with the state of rock music being what it is nowadays.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »

VR split up nearly 5 years ago.  Slash is happy and his playing is far better than anything he produced during the VR days.
Time to move on I think. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

Slash had this to say while on tour in Hungary.  It looks like he answers Velvet Revolver will happen at some point, but without Scott.

The translation is bad, maybe someone can do better.  Here are a couple of interpretations of his answer...

Milyen a viszonyod Scott Weilanddel? Lesz m?g Velvet Revolver?

Slash: Scottal semmilyen viszonyban nem vagyok. Lesz m?g Velvet Revolver valamikor, de nem Scott lesz az ?nekese az tuti.

What is your relationship with Scott Weiland? There will be Velvet Revolver?

Slash: I am not in any relationship with Scott. Velvet Revolver will have at some point, but Scott will be the lead singer for sure

or

Slash: I'm not in any relationship. Velvet Revolver will be even more at some point, but not the lead singer Scott will be the cool

Interview: http://langologitarok.blog.hu/2013/02/07/slash_horrorban_es_rockban_utazik

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:04 AM »

Stone Temple Pilots Fire Scott Weiland

Just yesterday, Weiland emphatically denied the band had let him go

By Andy Greene
February 27, 2013 10:55 AM ET

Stone Temple Pilots have parted ways with lead singer Scott Weiland. The group announced the decision this morning in a single sentence press release: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland." STP reformed in 2008 after a five year hiatus and toured heavily through last year. It's unclear if they plan on carrying on with a new vocalist.

By apparent coincidence, Rolling Stone spoke with Scott Weiland late yesterday and he denied all rumors that he had been fired from the band. "STP has not broken up," he said.  "I haven't quit. I haven't been fired." The rumors began a couple of months ago when Slash said in an interview that STP had fired Weiland.

"Slash doesn't know anything about STP," Weiland countered yesterday. "We're talking right now about when we want to tour next."

Weiland is launching a solo tour next month that will focus almost entirely on material from the first two STP albums, but he insisted the band very much remains a priority. "My personal feeling is that we need some new blood in the band," he said. "We've been playing the same greatest hits set since we got back together. I'd like to make a new record. It will breath new life into the group."

He does acknowledge the group has been going through a rocky period. "There were some hurt egos," he says. "But that's the way it is.  No one has ever fired anybody in STP. We're like a family. It's also a partnership. I started the band. We've always kept things going. We've taken time off before. They've done their own projects and I fully support that. No one has been fired and I haven't quit. That's all hearsay."

Rolling Stone reached out to a spokesperson for Weiland about the band's statement and will update this story when we get more information. Check back soon for an extended interview with Weiland about his upcoming solo tour, his desire to return to Velvet Revolver and why he feels reputation as a difficult bandmate is undeserved.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fire-scott-weiland-20130227

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »

Slash does not know anything about STP..lol-they just put out a press release this a.m. saying Scott was fired Cool

libertad
overmatik
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »

This is very strange. By saying Scott is fired they mean to continue with the band name and hire another singer. That would be a huge mistake...

I guess Talk Show isn't that great of a trademark, eh?  rofl
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »

I would argue that since Scott nor anyone from STP has come out and denied what Slash said that there's some truth to it.

No one has called Slash out about it because he got the news from one of the STP members. Did some of you people actually think that Slash got this news from one of the roadies? At this point Scott has been fired from STP I have no Idea if they will reinstate him or not.

I posted this on 1/21, I guess everyone can believe it now!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »

I wonder why they chose to announce this now. Maybe they caught wind that Scott was giving interviews saying he hadn't been fired?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

So Scott has been fired from STP, interesting.

Well, we now know he's available -- why he's "completely open" to reuniting with Velvet Revolver.

And it looks like he still is...

Rolling Stone reached out to a spokesperson for Weiland about the band's statement and will update this story when we get more information. Check back soon for an extended interview with Weiland about his upcoming solo tour, his desire to return to Velvet Revolver and why he feels reputation as a difficult bandmate is undeserved.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 02:21:49 PM »

So Scott has been fired from STP, interesting.

Well, we now know he's available -- why he's "completely open" to reuniting with Velvet Revolver.

And it looks like he still is...

This would be great news but we all know Slash will ruin it and prevent VR from getting back together.  That is totally Slash's right by the way, I just wish he would stop boring us to tears with the Myles Kennedy collaborations.  Slash's solo record with all the guest vocalists was without question the best and most INTERESTING thing Slash has done since the Illusions...go do that.

There are so many great vocalists out there who I know Slash has never heard of because I doubt his record collection has anything more recent in it than Aerosmith's "Rocks."  Broaden your fucking horizons man!
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »

Bummer.
He must deserve his reputation of being difficult, because he's as talented and entertaining a frontman as there is in rock today.

Deleo brothers have written some incredible music together, but really hope they are not delusional enough to think carrying on as STP w/o Scott would be a good idea.

He's irreplaceable.

Other than that, look forward to hearing what everyone does next.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »

UPDATE, 2:40 PM EST: Scott Weiland has released the following statement to Rolling Stone through a spokesperson:

I learned of my supposed "termination" from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press.  Not sure how I can be "terminated" from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that?s something for the lawyers to figure out.  In the meantime, I?m looking forward to seeing all of my fans on my solo tour which starts this Friday.  ? Scott Weiland

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fire-scott-weiland-20130227

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »

So Slash's comments 3 months ago didn't clue him in that all may not be well with his STP employment?

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 05:20:09 PM »

Scott also said last year he would tour with VR in the fall of 2012, and that he was writing songs with them-he is either using again, outright lying about things, or has just plain lost it.

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: