Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 05:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver  (Read 69719 times)
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »

I've been listening to Contraband a lot lately, it has held up surprisingly well over time. I agree with Slash though, I wouldn't invest any more time in Scott. A good frontman but a pain in the ass to boot. Read Duff's book, it sounds like Scott made everything a major pain on the business side of things too.

But then read Scott's book and see what Scott has to say about the VR split. The reasons Duff mentions for the break up are completely different from the reasons Scott mentions. Who knows who's telling the truth?

Scott has had his fair share of addiction issues, no doubt about that. But so did Duff and Slash during GN'R and they both also relapsed during VR. None of them are innocent when it comes to drugs.
I personally think Scott is an amazing front man and VR will never get someone as good as him. If Scott could be so easily replaced he would have been by now.

As for Slash's comment about Scott being on his own and that he deserves to be, now that's just a really low and mean thing to say. It's amazing to me how Slash can make such a mean comment and still people see him as the good guy.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »

I've been listening to Contraband a lot lately, it has held up surprisingly well over time. I agree with Slash though, I wouldn't invest any more time in Scott. A good frontman but a pain in the ass to boot. Read Duff's book, it sounds like Scott made everything a major pain on the business side of things too.

But then read Scott's book and see what Scott has to say about the VR split. The reasons Duff mentions for the break up are completely different from the reasons Scott mentions. Who knows who's telling the truth?

Scott has had his fair share of addiction issues, no doubt about that. But so did Duff and Slash during GN'R and they both also relapsed during VR. None of them are innocent when it comes to drugs.
I personally think Scott is an amazing front man and VR will never get someone as good as him. If Scott could be so easily replaced he would have been by now.

As for Slash's comment about Scott being on his own and that he deserves to be, now that's just a really low and mean thing to say. It's amazing to me how Slash can make such a mean comment and still people see him as the good guy.

I never read all of Scott's book so I don't know his take on the split. I have seen excerpts where he basically said he joined for the money and he wasn't exactly complimentary of the band's music. As far as the comment being mean, we're talking about grown men here. This is the 3rd time by my count that STP has parted ways with Scott so I would say Slash's comment has some validity.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »

I never read all of Scott's book so I don't know his take on the split. I have seen excerpts where he basically said he joined for the money and he wasn't exactly complimentary of the band's music. As far as the comment being mean, we're talking about grown men here. This is the 3rd time by my count that STP has parted ways with Scott so I would say Slash's comment has some validity.

Whether it's true or not (nothing indicates that it is true btw) Scott has been fired from STP it wasn't Slash's place to make that information public. STP should do that themselves.
Also STP have never actually broken up, they have simply taken breaks to work on other things and to get creative and excited about doing STP again.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »

agree.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »

If someone is deluding themselves and outright lying to people at the same time the easiest way to put a stop to it is to be harsh.

Scott telling people he was going to rehearse with the band and work on new songs for example, then he continued to talk about getting back with the band after it was said outright it wasn't happening.

The softly softly approach didn't work, maybe being a cunt will.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:48 PM »

Because saying "he is out of his mind. He is fucking crazy" is doing it softly?

Slash has been an ass towards Scott since the VR break up. At times he is even extremely mean towards him.

At this point I don't even want a VR reunion with all this bitching going on. I will just look forward to Scott's new solo album.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »

at first it was always I don't want to put myself in that place, as the years have gone by it's gotten gradually more harsh.

The thing is Scott was of his head during the last UK tour they did. I have no idea how he held it together for the shows, it's a credit to him that he managed to but he was a mess.

He has since gone and repeated the same pattern of behaviour with STP, if he'd managed to keep himself together and wasn't spouting nonsense to the press then there would be no need for the harsh comments which get sent his way.

VR re-unions as one off events will be fine, but I don't blame any of the members for not wanting to commit to anything more than that with Scott, at least until he proves he can keep himself together on the road.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2013, 02:06:25 PM »

I feel blaming everything on Scott's drug use is a cop out. All of them except for Dave did drugs on the road with VR and all went to rehab. Also Scott is clean now. What went on with STP is not about drugs, its about the relationship between the members. Sometimes they get along and other times they don't, its natural for a band who has existed for so long to go through rough patches.

The VR break up wasn't just because of drugs. It was about money, greed and wives getting too involved. Scott in his book said it came to the point where Perla sat in on band meetings and wanted to decide what the band should do. If I'm not mistaken Duff also mentions wives getting involved in his book, he doesn't mention any wife by name though. So like I said, its way more than just a drug issue, so that's why I think its a cop out when its all blamed on Scott and his drug issues especially since he is clean now its obviously not what is standing in the way of a reunion.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »

Sure, they all fell off the wagon and ended up in rehab during the VR run. But it moves into different territory when you're showing up late for gigs and being a sloptart on stage like Scott was towards the end. Also, notice how Scott (or his people) are now talking about a solo album and tour dates this year. Maybe Slash's comments finally shut down this VR reunion nonsense?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

Scott was on tour when Slash said he deserved to be alone, so its not like his tour and new album is a reply to no VR reunion. It was planned previous to those comments. Its not like a VR reunion is all Scott has left like some people seem to think.

This is the second time Slash and co has fallen out with a lead singer so maybe just maybe they are a part of the problem.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »

Scott was on tour when Slash said he deserved to be alone, so its not like his tour and new album is a reply to no VR reunion. It was planned previous to those comments. Its not like a VR reunion is all Scott has left like some people seem to think.

This is the second time Slash and co has fallen out with a lead singer so maybe just maybe they are a part of the problem.

There will be no VR reunion with Scott, he gave them hell when they had him and they do not want him back. And when I say they I mean all 4 remaining VR members. Slash finally got enough of his carp and has made it public. But since you think so highly of Scott maybe you should speak to the remaining members of STP. Maybe you can talk them into taking him back. Or are they "part of the problem" also?
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »

There will be no VR reunion with Scott, he gave them hell when they had him and they do not want him back. And when I say they I mean all 4 remaining VR members. Slash finally got enough of his carp and has made it public. But since you think so highly of Scott maybe you should speak to the remaining members of STP. Maybe you can talk them into taking him back. Or are they "part of the problem" also?

We don't even know if Scott has been fired from STP! The only word we got to go on is Slash's but of course you're gonna believe Slash because no one ever questions a word Slash says, epsecially not when it comes to speaking ill of his former lead singers.
"Since you think so highly of Scott" please! look at how you think so highly of Slash you take his word for Scott being fired from STP without no confirmation from STP themselves!

Until either Scott or another member of STP comes out themselves to say Scott has been fired I don't believe it. STP might've had their share of problems but they never trash talk each other in the press like Slash does with Scott (and Axl) They fix their problems internally and they have survived as a band for many years unlike the bands (except GN'R) Slash has been a member of. The fact that he has been involved in two big break ups in bands suggests to me he is part of the problem.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »

I would argue that since Scott nor anyone from STP has come out and denied what Slash said that there's some truth to it.

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:25 AM »

STP often don't speak out about rumors though. I will need more than Slash's word on this.

I could totally see STP taking a break though like they have before, but that is not the same as Scott being fired.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:35 AM »

STP often don't speak out about rumors though. I will need more than Slash's word on this.

I could totally see STP taking a break though like they have before, but that is not the same as Scott being fired.

I would imagine they are pretty reluctant to tell anyone that Scott is fired. They probably know full well that they'll get back together and play shows at some point and if you keep saying he's fired or they broke up it looks like you're jerking the public around.

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »

I would imagine they are pretty reluctant to tell anyone that Scott is fired. They probably know full well that they'll get back together and play shows at some point and if you keep saying he's fired or they broke up it looks like you're jerking the public around.

That's why I don't think he is fired, but they are simply taking a break. Plus I don't think they even can fire Scott. What are they gonna do? Get a new frontman? I don't think so. Without Scott there is no STP just like without Scott there is no VR.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »

There will be no VR reunion with Scott, he gave them hell when they had him and they do not want him back. And when I say they I mean all 4 remaining VR members.

Slash was the lone holdout with Corey Taylor.  And I think at this point, if Slash were on board, the rest of the guys would give Scott another go.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »

I would argue that since Scott nor anyone from STP has come out and denied what Slash said that there's some truth to it.

No one has called Slash out about it because he got the news from one of the STP members. Did some of you people actually think that Slash got this news from one of the roadies? At this point Scott has been fired from STP I have no Idea if they will reinstate him or not.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »

There will be no VR reunion with Scott, he gave them hell when they had him and they do not want him back. And when I say they I mean all 4 remaining VR members.

Slash was the lone holdout with Corey Taylor.  And I think at this point, if Slash were on board, the rest of the guys would give Scott another go.

You are correct about Corey, Slash was the only hold out. But you are wrong about Scott none of the other members want to work with him either. If they did they would be doing it by now.

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »

Yes I agree.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: