Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 07:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash says Weiland fired from STP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says Weiland fired from STP  (Read 4167 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: December 07, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »

No idea if its true but it makes for good copy.

http://loudwire.com/slash-says-scott-weiland-fired-from-stone-temple-pilots/?utm_medium=twitter

Scott Weiland has been making plenty of overtures that the timing is right for Velvet Revolver to put past issues aside and reunite, but Slash says there?s another motivation behind Weiland?s comments.

The guitarist tells Minneapolis/St. Paul?s 93X (heard in the player below), ?That?s because he got fired from STP.? Troubles started to reach their height in Velvet Revolver when Weiland began to test the waters on a Stone Temple Pilots reunion a few years back and though tensions have ceased somewhat with Velvet Revolver in the time since his exit, it doesn?t appear that the other members are ready to reunite with Weiland anytime soon.

Slash says that Weiland?s comments concerning Velvet Revolver tend to take him by surprise, but he did a little inquiring and learned about the Stone Temple Pilots situation. He explained, ?I think all things considered, because these things always catch me by surprise too cause I always find out about it through the media and I?m on the road in another country and I start hearing all this stuff and then I inquire within, and that?s what I was told.?

Velvet Revolver have tested out numerous singers since Weiland?s exit but have yet to settle on a replacement. In the interim, Slash?s solo career has taken off and his latest disc, ?Apocalyptic Love,? is getting a deluxe edition offering.

?It?s got the two bonus tracks and it?s funny because when we did the original record I wanted those tracks to be on there, but it was just too many songs on the record,? says Slash. ?So every time I record too much material I find someway of getting it released later and so here it is.? In addition to the two bonus cuts, the deluxe package will come with the Guitar Center Sessions acoustic set and a DVD of the band?s New York show at Irving Plaza.

Slash also says he?s very happy with his working relationship with Myles Kennedy as singer for his solo band. ?I don?t compare anybody,? says Slash. ?Artists, singers, musicians ? very rarely are they similar to anyone else. But the one thing about Myles is he?s very ? we have a lot of similarities between the two of us because we?re both guitar players. He?s a brilliant guitar player and then on top of that he?s a brilliant singer, but his personality is very laid back and he?s a very hard worker, very conscientious and he?s got a great work ethic and he?s an unbelievable singer. He just never ceases to amaze me.?

To hear more of 93X?s interview with Slash, including talk on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction and his upcoming horror movie plans, check out the player below. The conversation about STP and Weiland starts at around the 5-minute mark.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
overmatik
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Let's wait for an official statement from STP, if this is ever true, of course. I'd just find weird if STP decided to try a new singer now when they had lots of opportunities to do that in the past.

Perhaps the STP name will just be retired now forever.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »

Firing Scott Weiland from STP is essentially STP calling it quits, kind of like Skid Row when they fired Bach.    Although somebody forgot to tell Skid Row that they fired all the talent in their band as they continue to put out piles of shit that they are trying to pass off as records over the last 15 years.  Hopefully somebody lets the Deleo brothers and whoever that drummer  is know the deal.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 03:45:49 PM »

I doubt STP fired Scott. Scott's story is a lot more believable about no sense in touring the old material over and over again.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »

Let's wait for an official statement from STP, if this is ever true, of course. I'd just find weird if STP decided to try a new singer now when they had lots of opportunities to do that in the past.

What Slash said makes no sense and he shouldn't have even gone there to be honest. Last time STP were on hiatus they formed Army of Anyone, a new band with Richard Patrick on vocals from Filter and Ray Luzier, great drummer. Great band!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »

i say bullshit.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

Scott said in May he had started song writing sessions with Velvet Revolver, and that in the summer and fall (2012), Velvet Revolver would be doing shows. Lmao,yeah, Slash is full of shit.

libertad
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

I don't think the DeLeo brothers are going to say the band's broken up. It'll prob. be on hold, disbanded for the time being, etc.
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »

What Slash said makes no sense and he shouldn't have even gone there to be honest. Last time STP were on hiatus they formed Army of Anyone, a new band with Richard Patrick on vocals from Filter and Ray Luzier, great drummer. Great band!

...and Richard Patrick was just w/ GNR.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: