Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228073 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Australian Tour - March 2013  (Read 52165 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

Guns N? Roses announce second Melbourne show

Due to overwhelming demand Guns N? Roses have announced a second Melbourne show for Saturday, March 16 at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

The Glam Rock icons are due to play shows in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne next month with support slots from ZZ Top and Rose Tattoo. They will be the first gigs Axl Rose has played in Australia since 2010, when his band headlined proceedings at the V8 Supercar Championship in Sydney and stopped by Townsville and Adelaide with support from nu-metal comeback kings Korn.

FL recently spoke with Gunners keyboardist Dizzy Reed and he was quick to dismiss notions that the band?s current players are somehow less legitimate than that of the early ?80s, ?This is Guns N? Roses, therefore it is the real Guns N? Roses,? he said. ?There?s not two Guns N? Roses out there playing anymore. People can choose to live in the past as much as they want, it?s not going to change anything. This band is the best band I?ve ever been in, and we go out and we kick ass every night, give a thousand per cent.?

Tickets for the second Melbourne show go on sale Friday, February 15.
FaterLouder presents Guns M? Roses tour

Saturday, March 9 ? Perth Arena, Perth
Tuesday, March 12 ? Allphones Arena, Sydney
Wednesday, March 13 ? Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
Saturday, March 16 ? Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne ? JUST ANNOUNCED
Sunday, March 17 ? Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
Wednesday, March 20 ? Entertainment Centre, Brisbane

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/34856/Guns-N-Roses-announce-second-Melbourne-show

http://www.facebook.com/mcmanusentertainment

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:17:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:53 AM »

Due to overwhelming demand Guns N? Roses have announced a second Melbourne show for Saturday, March 16 at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

The Glam Rock icons are due to play shows in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne next month with support slots from ZZ Top and Rose Tattoo. They will be the first gigs Axl Rose has played in Australia since 2010, when his band headlined proceedings at the V8 Supercar Championship in Sydney and stopped by Townsville and Adelaide with support from nu-metal comeback kings Korn.

FL recently spoke with Gunners keyboardist Dizzy Reed and he was quick to dismiss notions that the band?s current players are somehow less legitimate than that of the early ?80s, ?This is Guns N? Roses, therefore it is the real Guns N? Roses,? he said. ?There?s not two Guns N? Roses out there playing anymore. People can choose to live in the past as much as they want, it?s not going to change anything. This band is the best band I?ve ever been in, and we go out and we kick ass every night, give a thousand per cent.?

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/34856/Guns-N-Roses-announce-second-Melbourne-show

/jarmo

Cool...What is the capacity of place???
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:47 AM »

Capacity is around 23,000 but seating wise is around the 2,500 mark. GA I believe is behind the seating & I don't know if the Orchestra Pit will be standing room only or left bare.

Best to check the site for the Bowl - or check out youtube videos of concerts held there to get an idea. Hope that helped a little.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

/jarmo

Perfect 2013 !!!

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2013, 04:58:43 AM »

Guns N' Roses' March 13 show at Hunter Stadium, Newcastle has been more to the Newcastle Entertainment Centre. The date is still the same.

Ticketek/ProTicket/NEC will send a letter to all people who have bought a ticket to this show to inform of the change and what to do with your current ticket.

I was really looking forward to seeing GN'R at the Knight's home ground but the Ent Cent is pretty good too.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses' March 13 show at Hunter Stadium, Newcastle has been more to the Newcastle Entertainment Centre. The date is still the same.

Ticketek/ProTicket/NEC will send a letter to all people who have bought a ticket to this show to inform of the change and what to do with your current ticket.

I was really looking forward to seeing GN'R at the Knight's home ground but the Ent Cent is pretty good too.

peace

Wasn't this an outdoor venue? So how do they work out where everyone stands/sits etc with an inside seating venue or will it be set up much the same as the outdoor arena? Sounds confusing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2013, 05:08:07 PM »

peace

The ticket sales web site still lists the old venue, so does the promoter web site...  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »

peace

The ticket sales web site still lists the old venue, so does the promoter web site...  Huh

/jarmo

So Jarmo are you coming over to grace us with your presence?  Wink
You haven't experienced Oz until you've been wee'd on by a koala, let us arrange that for you!!  hihi
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2013, 03:28:33 AM »

Probably the reason is bad ticket selling...On the other hand we have huge demand in Melbourne and second show added
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:19 AM »

Probably the reason is bad ticket selling...On the other hand we have huge demand in Melbourne and second show added

According to the times they are showing, GNR will play 2 hrs or maybe 2 3/4 hrs if we're lucky. Still promises to be a great show, can't wait.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »

"According to the times they are showing GNR will play 2 hrs or maybe 2 3/4hrs"

Now, come on! Looking at the 'times' of things is something we really should have learnt not to do by now! The least relevant at any GNR show!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:58 AM »

Hunter Stadium > 33.000

Newcastle Entertainment Centre > 6.500

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »

I'll be at all the Aussie shows  beer
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2013, 02:38:34 AM »

Guns N' Roses concert moves indoors
By  JADE LAZAREVIC
Feb. 15, 2013

GUNS N? Roses? upcoming concert at Hunter Stadium is moving indoors.

The Axl Rose-fronted US rock band was set to perform at the outdoor venue on March 13 but promoters today confirmed the show is being shifted to Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

The date remains unchanged.

A spokesperson for national tour promoter McManus Entertainment told the Newcastle Herald a statement would be released on Monday with further information and new details for ticketholders.

The concert?s Newcastle-based promoter RockCity Event Marketing could not comment on the matter.

The shift of venue will dramatically downsize numbers at the Newcastle concert.

Promoters expected the Gunners could draw up to 30,000 spectators, making it Newcastle?s biggest stadium show since the 1990s earthquake appeal concert which attracted more than 42,000.

In comparison, capacity for concerts at Newcastle Entertainment Centre is up to 6500.

Guns N? Roses kick off their six-date Australian tour in Perth on March 9 followed by dates in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne where a second show has been added after the first sold out.

News of a change to the Guns N? Roses show in Newcastle follows this week?s cancellation of Irish pop singer Ronan Keating?s concert planned for March 5 at Newcastle Entertainment Centre.
See your ad here

The reason given for cancelling the concert, also promoted by McManus Entertainment and RockCity Event Marketing, was ??due to unforeseen circumstances??

In a statement, McManus Entertainment said it ??regrets this situation and looks forward to bringing further quality concerts and events to the Hunter region in the future??.

There is speculation the cancellation of Keating?s concert and downsizing of the Guns N? Roses concert is due to low ticket sales in an already swamped market.

An influx of overseas artists are set to tour Australia throughout March with big names acts such as Neil Young, Paul Simon and Robert Plant including Newcastle and the Hunter on their radar.

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »

Hunter Stadium > 33.000

Newcastle Entertainment Centre > 6.500

That is some drop if I understand these figures - personally I'd rather be in the smaller crowd to be able to see the act.  I guess it's not good money wise for the band though.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2013, 03:45:01 AM »

Jarmo, are you heading over for the Australian shows?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:29 AM »

peace

I already asked him twice & he hasn't answered, he either doesn't know yet or he saw the size of the spiders we have here & is having 2nd thoughts  rofl
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2013, 06:04:32 AM »

Bring on the tour  Cool
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »

peace

I already asked him twice & he hasn't answered, he either doesn't know yet or he saw the size of the spiders we have here & is having 2nd thoughts  rofl

Hope to be there next month. Smiley

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:29 AM »

Knights beat Guns N' Roses to stadium
By  JADE LAZAREVIC

PROMOTERS of the upcoming Guns N? Roses concert in Newcastle have cited a ??scheduling clash?? as the reason for shifting the March 13 show from Hunter Stadium to Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

News of the change surfaced on Friday but promoter McManus Entertainment did not release a statement confirming  that Axl Rose?s band would move venues until late yesterday afternoon.

Hunter Venues general manager Bicci Henderson said hosting the first Newcastle Knights home game of the season on March 11 would not allow the Guns N? Roses production crew  time to set up the large-scale concert.

??When the promoter booked it in I don?t think they realised how big of a production the Guns N? Roses concert needed,?? Mr Henderson said.

??So given that I had given them stadium availability from the Tuesday morning, being the 12th, and then they booked the 13th, they then realised they need almost three days to put the production in.

??Obviously I couldn?t move the football game and they didn?t want to compromise the production set-up for Guns N? Roses. They didn?t want to bring in a cheap production and just do a small stage and a small set up. They felt that the Newcastle fans deserved the full show.??

Mr Henderson said it was disappointing given the show would have been the first rock concert staged at the venue since the 1990s earthquake appeal concert attracted more than 42,000 people.

??We looked at every option of the crew coming in at 11pm on the Monday night and working non-stop through until about 10am on the Wednesday morning to get ready for sound checks but we just couldn?t do it,?? he said.

??It was just a really tight schedule. We thought we could do it but when they got all the production specs ? the stage is 80 feet wide and 60 feet  deep ? we physically couldn?t bump it in in time.??

All tickets  for the previously announced venue will be honoured at the entertainment centre, and can be exchanged from February 25.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1304388/knights-beat-guns-n-roses-to-stadium/?cs=12

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: