Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would you like to see Axl as a Judge?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you like to see Axl as a Judge?  (Read 6562 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »

Predictable responses will be NO rather see him tour/record..Would it hurt his credibility? I think it would make for intrigueing television...WithBritney Peers supposedly leaving X-Factor it lease room for the Axl Factor..it would give us fans and non ans a real inside look at a very reclusive,talented and interesting Icon..I for one do not for see it happening, just looking to get some wheels turning on the board...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »

Fuck no. I lost respect for Tyler when he was a judge on AI. I'd be devastated if Axl did something completely fucking retarded as that.

Axl is God.
DnR
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:25:26 PM »

Can't see it ever happening, but I think Axl would make a great judge!  ok
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »

I think it would be cool. I doubt he would do it but perhaps he should consider the positives: it would fun for him (I am assuming of course), great exposure, fans would love it, good chance to generate interest in GNR from people who haven't been exposed to the music, etc. How many kids started checking out Aerosmith when Tyler did it? Probably a TON. I think it would be a WIN for GNR. Axl is charismatic on stage and in the few interviews he has done in recent years-as a Judge I'm sure he would be as well. He comes off as pretty funny too which would be a good fit for something like this.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »

No
imcrazy
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »

No

DITTO! 

I got a headache like a mother - twice the price of my thrills
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »

I wouldn't want to see Axl in that kind of role because he is a true artist who don't need to do anything on a manufactured show. I would like to see Axl give guidence and help to upcoming artists, but not on a platform like these being mentioned here... Axl is way "Better" than that.  Grin

But on a side note, Axl can do whatever he wants and I'll still support him inconditionally because I am first and formost a fan of Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses.  ok
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »

No.
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »

I wouldn't want to see him on a full season but a guest spot as a mentor or "fill in judge" would be pretty cool.

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

If he wants to, might get me to watch one of those shows.  Can't say it hurt Tyler any, might have helped.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gnrfan1797
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »

Fuck no. I lost respect for Tyler when he was a judge on AI. I'd be devastated if Axl did something completely fucking retarded as that.

I'm sure you just hurt tyler's feelings, considering that because of that show aerosmith gained a whole new audience. So all these performers that do these shows should check with you before doing them first right? Who cares if your devastated, gurantee they won't lose sleep over that shit.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »

I'd actually like to see all over these overblown talent shows taken off the air, and their creators beaten with a sack of oranges. It's harder and harder to find decent television shows with all this garbage hogging prime time.

Short answer - no.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »

I'm sure you just hurt tyler's feelings, considering that because of that show aerosmith gained a whole new audience. So all these performers that do these shows should check with you before doing them first right? Who cares if your devastated, gurantee they won't lose sleep over that shit.

Yeah, Aerosmith gained a whole new audience. Then that new album sold a pile of copies as a result. Oh wait....

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »

We don't want or need more reality TV.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 03:52:49 AM »

Axl hates the music industry bods, and these shows are a big part of what the industry has become.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 05:05:54 AM »

Selfishly, I disapprove of anything that distracts Axl from touring, writing or recording with gnr.

Here today...ready to rock
gnrfan1797
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

Yeah, Aerosmith gained a whole new audience. Then that new album sold a pile of copies as a result. Oh wait....

Why don't you try checking how much there back catalog sold. But oh wait....
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »

I would like to see him as a real judge ... handing out death sentences.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 01:56:24 PM »

Why don't you try checking how much there back catalog sold. But oh wait....

Maybe so, I haven't seen those numbers. Regardless, I don't want to see Axl doing some shit like this. I agree with whoever said we don't need more reality TV.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »

I'd love to see it just so that everyone who has answered 'no' in this thread would still find a way to defend it. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: