Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.  (Read 57159 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »

Come on.  You're justifying/excusing the fact that no one (outside of HTGTH) knows any current band member but Axl with "yeah, but that was true back then too so it's the same."  I disagree.  If you asked people 20 years ago "who's Izzy Stradlin?", a good majority would say Guns. 

I disagree.

You are arguing a different point. Saying a name compared to naming band members. Different thing.

Does it mean Izzy Stradlin and the rest of the guys were less famous or popular? No it doesn't. The band was the biggest band in the world. Still doesn't mean your class mates in high school who listened to Iron Maiden could name all members of the band. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »

Maybe from a neutral point of view,no one cares about who is who.The majority of people just like a song when played on the radio or Mtv(back when Mtv was all for music).
Even some concert-goers don't know and don't care who will be up on stage.

Only fans that chat in boards and forums make too much out of it  Smiley

And the "back-in-the-day" folks who just listen to Bon Scott and Phil Lynott. and go up until Nirvana .

I disagree.  Knowing who's who in the band is a good indicator of how relevant the band is.  It's undeniable that the AFD lineup was/is more relevant than the current lineup.  It's just a fact...and this is coming from someone who loves the current lineup and is excited as hell about what 2014 can potentially bring.  IMO, the only way the current lineup can break free of the AFD shadow is for people to stop trying to compare them to the old lineup.  It has to start somewhere, why not here?  ok
gnrfan1797
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »

Your gonna have your hardocre fans who know everyone in the band and then your gonna have the fans who don't know anyone and still listen to music. It is possible to not know who is the band and that band has huge success. I love Queensryche and I couldn't tell you who besides Geoff Tate is in that band ( Yes, I know there in a controversy with the name) This point of relevance of who is in a band  is a mute point especially when that band has huge success in terms of album sales and ticket sales.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

Your gonna have your hardocre fans who know everyone in the band and then your gonna have the fans who don't know anyone and still listen to music. It is possible to not know who is the band and that band has huge success. I love Queensryche and I couldn't tell you who besides Geoff Tate is in that band ( Yes, I know there in a controversy with the name) This point of relevance of who is in a band  is a mute point especially when that band has huge success in terms of album sales and ticket sales.

True, it's just that GnR, as a brand, an entity, is not as relevant today as it was in the past [insert reason/conspiracy theories as to why].  Nowadays, it's looked at as "Axl's band", a cover act, or (even worse) not even thought about at all.  I'm hoping that can change, but the only way to improve their image is to play/release new music...more touring and playing the hits ain't gonna cut it.  That's why I'm excited about the recent news that this band is thinking to the future and getting creative (for the first time).
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »

The thing with guns is that they were absolutely HUGE up until the mid-90's. Larger than life,iconic,everyone knew them.
Even in small Greece the hype was big. Axl and Slash that is....
And I'm talking about the majority,not the hardcore fans.

And hold on, wasn't during the Illusions tour that it became Axl and co ? that's my point.
But we've gone way off topic here.It's dead and long ago buried horse.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

Maybe from a neutral point of view,no one cares about who is who.The majority of people just like a song when played on the radio or Mtv(back when Mtv was all for music).
Even some concert-goers don't know and don't care who will be up on stage.

Only fans that chat in boards and forums make too much out of it  Smiley

And the "back-in-the-day" folks who just listen to Bon Scott and Phil Lynott. and go up until Nirvana .

I disagree.  Knowing who's who in the band is a good indicator of how relevant the band is.  It's undeniable that the AFD lineup was/is more relevant than the current lineup.  It's just a fact...and this is coming from someone who loves the current lineup and is excited as hell about what 2014 can potentially bring.  IMO, the only way the current lineup can break free of the AFD shadow is for people to stop trying to compare them to the old lineup.  It has to start somewhere, why not here?  ok
Yeah, but times have changed.  Obviously Guns isn't as big now as they were back then, but few rock bands are.  Rock bands/musicians aren't nearly as popular today as they once were.  So your comparison really doesn't stick.  Hell, I can name more members of One Direction than I can some of the so called popular rock bands of today and I'm sure that goes for most people.  And no, I don't like One Direction.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

No line up current or previous will ever overshadow the original for the masses.that is a fact.
Even for some in here.
Others(me included) know that the current band has every potential to deliver great music and live shows and leave the previous lineups buried,though well celebrated.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »

No line up current or previous will ever overshadow the original for the masses.that is a fact.
Even for some in here.
Others(me included) know that the current band has every potential to deliver great music and live shows and leave the previous lineups buried,though well celebrated.

Completely agree.  It's possible to both look to the future and respect the past, which they've done by bringing back Izzy and Duff for a few shows.  It's time that the current lineup forges its own path.  No doubt the potential is there, it's just a matter of capitalizing on it and having the passion to be a creative force.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »

Even for some in here.

Agreed, that is just the simple truth and that is not to say that the band today is not as equally talented musicianship wise as the old band. Right people at the right time. I am excited for the future of GNR.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:10 AM »

Do you think that by diminishing the importance and impact of old lineup you're elevating the new one? And who gives a shit on what may or may not have happened 20 years ago regarding a contract that may or may not have been signed while on tour?  It's topics like this that, IMO, hinder the current lineup from getting out of the shadow of the old.  Let.  It.  Go.

Completely agreed.

But I still say Axl could do a better job on this front too.  Talk up your current band.  Talk up your current project.  We don't need to know that it would be a bad idea for Slash to try and "ambush" you somewhere.  In fact, we're all pretty set on the fact you hate the guy.  Just stop talking about him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »

im sorry i know this is a dead horse but it doesnt help the new guys identity when the name of the fanclub is Nighttrain and the backplane thing is called Paradise City ... that reallllllly doesnt help break away from the original band...

in the past weve heard that GNR has never broken up and its just morphed in to what it is today....

but thats just Axl's view of it...and it does no favors to him and the new guys in terms of forming their own identity

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »

Well, as far as I know, the Nightrain fan club is for Guns N' Roses fans. Same with ParadiseCity.com.

A bunch of us like the band. Not one specific line up or era only.

Personally I like to focus on the present and future instead of reminiscing about the past, but that's just me. Doesn't mean I hate the past or anything. No matter what some of you claim.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »

Well, as far as I know, the Nightrain fan club is for Guns N' Roses fans. Same with ParadiseCity.com.

A bunch of us like the band. Not one specific line up or era only.

Personally I like to focus on the present and future instead of reminiscing about the past, but that's just me. Doesn't mean I hate the past or anything. No matter what some of you claim.

/jarmo

Well I fall in to that bunch who appreciates different era's

my point is just certain things (like the name of those sites) hinder the current one from forming their own identity IMO

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2013, 12:51:52 PM »

Ha. It's like 15 years of media "coverage" of GNR just went down the toilet. Look at how many times it's been written that Axl "fired Duff and Slash" and how many people have blamed him for the implosion of the original lineup.

Yet this document shows that wasn't the case at all. Very interesting stuff!
 ok

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »

Ha. It's like 15 years of media "coverage" of GNR just went down the toilet. Look at how many times it's been written that Axl "fired Duff and Slash" and how many people have blamed him for the implosion of the original lineup.

ok

This case has been blown WIDE OPEN.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

ok

Don't think it changes much if anything at all, really.
Classic lineup essentially disbanded because they couldn't go along to get along.
Yet, Slash, Duff, Matt (and for a short while, Izzy) got along well enough to form a new band.

For me, the real question remains unanswered. Why?
Why all the trouble for the name, only to do next to nothing with it?

Couldn't have been the plan, right?
So how did GN'R go from being the most dangerous band in the world to the soap opera it's become today?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »

So how did GN'R go from being the most dangerous band in the world to the soap opera it's become today?

Do you remember the 80s/90s? There was always drama, speculation, lies and controversy around GN'R. Nothing has changed.

Negativity sells.

Imagine if the Internet with social media was around, the way it is today, back then.

/jarmo

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2013, 01:36:25 PM »

Do you remember the 80s/90s? There was always drama, speculation, lies and controversy around GN'R. Nothing has changed.

Negativity sells.

Imagine if the Internet with social media was around, the way it is today, back then.

/jarmo

Valid point. I know it has it's perks, but I prefer the mystery of the old days over the constant information bombardment of today. Could probably due with a little less of the mystery Axl offers these days, but I don't care to know what band members are eating for breakfast, either.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »

Don't think it changes much if anything at all, really.
Classic lineup essentially disbanded because they couldn't go along to get along.
Yet, Slash, Duff, Matt (and for a short while, Izzy) got along well enough to form a new band.

For me, the real question remains unanswered. Why?
Why all the trouble for the name, only to do next to nothing with it?

Couldn't have been the plan, right?

I agree, it changes nothing.  To most people, the band broke up because Axl is a crazy person.  Who signed which document when will not alter that.

As for the name, he kept it for business purposes, and I can't see an argument that was the wrong play.  People latch on to brand names.  That's marketing 101.

Why hasn't he done more with it?  Personally, I think because of fear.  Fear of wearing it on his sleeve, laying it all on the line, and having it blow up in his face.  So he half asses it and stays under the radar as much as possible.  He's fortunate to have a fanbase with a large segment that believes this is not only "so rock n roll", but downright righteous.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »

Interesting...People give Axl a hard time cause he dosent like to talk about it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: