Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proof that Slash & Duff lied about signing over the GNR name.  (Read 57609 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »

Here's what I don't get about Axl and Slash. It seems like Niven and Goldstein were the two driving forces that started the demise of Guns N' Roses. Now that both of them are out why doesn't Axl and Slash at least talk things out and air out their differences? At least there could be  peace between them two. I just don't get their egos. 

I don't get how Axl still speaks about it in such raw terms.  He talks like this all happened last week.

I can understand if he doesn't want anything to do with the guy, because that happens to all of us in life with someone or another.  But he's so over the top about it.  The "cancer" thing, and what have you.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »

Here's what I don't get about Axl and Slash. It seems like Niven and Goldstein were the two driving forces that started the demise of Guns N' Roses. Now that both of them are out why doesn't Axl and Slash at least talk things out and air out their differences? At least there could be  peace between them two. I just don't get their egos. 

I don't get how Axl still speaks about it in such raw terms.  He talks like this all happened last week.

I can understand if he doesn't want anything to do with the guy, because that happens to all of us in life with someone or another.  But he's so over the top about it.  The "cancer" thing, and what have you.
With all due respect, I think the "cancer" comment is overblown.  I can't even count how many times I heard a particular athlete (e.g. Terrell Owens) labeled as a "locker room or clubhouse cancer".  It's just a metaphor for a destructive presence in a partnership or team.  I just read an interview with Ace Frehley discussing how Gene Simmons called him a "cancer".

The other aspect is that when you don't speak about something for a while, perhaps it still seems fresh, or more fresh than it might actually be, because you haven't expressed your emotions about it.  That's one possibility I can see.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »

Even some shows with the current lineup it seemed that way.  First his mini rant in Japan when they re-emerged about 2007 being the worst year of his life.  Then at Rock in Rio he seemed disappointed in his performance and in Dublin when he stood in one place the whole show after walking off stage. 

Don't forget Axl's comment on Jimmy Kimmel, when asked what year he would redo, he answered "one within the last 5 or 6", so we're talking 2006-2011 -- years that involve the current lineup, not the original.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

Even some shows with the current lineup it seemed that way.  First his mini rant in Japan when they re-emerged about 2007 being the worst year of his life.  Then at Rock in Rio he seemed disappointed in his performance and in Dublin when he stood in one place the whole show after walking off stage. 

Don't forget Axl's comment on Jimmy Kimmel, when asked what year he would redo, he answered "one within the last 5 or 6", so we're talking 2006-2011 -- years that involve the current lineup, not the original.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was talking about his dealings with the label and their reluctance to help out with the release of CD and a corresponding marketing campaign.  They were also in the midst of a change in management and he mentioned how they were touring without any management at the time.  There was a lot going on that we had no idea about, always is.

But you're right, I do remember that comment on Kimmel now and it stuck out to me at the time. 

And I'm sorry, the date was 2009 when he made that comment as they weren't on tour in 07.  I believe it was towards the end of that epic show in Tokyo.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:41:12 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »

yes, they were on tour in 2007 but his japan mini rant was end of 2009 where he spoke about his last year being the hardest/ugliest (or so). this should fit somwhere in between 2008-2009 and most likely must have smth. to do with CD and not before 2008.

Re-Union time, baby!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2013, 12:34:19 AM »

Here's what Axl said in Tokyo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzRrDNS7epE

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2013, 12:58:22 AM »

With all due respect, I think the "cancer" comment is overblown.  I can't even count how many times I heard a particular athlete (e.g. Terrell Owens) labeled as a "locker room or clubhouse cancer".  It's just a metaphor for a destructive presence in a partnership or team.  I just read an interview with Ace Frehley discussing how Gene Simmons called him a "cancer".

The other aspect is that when you don't speak about something for a while, perhaps it still seems fresh, or more fresh than it might actually be, because you haven't expressed your emotions about it.  That's one possibility I can see.

Oh, I'm with you on that.  Very common sports reference.  Made it myself many times.

And, unrelated...is T.O. everyone's goto on that, or what?  Its uncanny.  Its mine too.  He's the knee jerk example, always, all sports.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:20 AM »

I agree with all of you. But at the same time I'd like to say that some relationship couldn't be compared to any others

Thinkin' to me,5 years ago, I was in love with a girl I had known for 2 years...obviously she was already engaged ... She loved me too since day 1, but she couldn't left her bf at the time (1 year after she would have left him anyway).  I left her since she said me "I can't leave him", breaking a nice friendhsip, without saying any word... She looked for me for almost 2 year, but  I didn't care and i haven't talked with her for all this time and I actually don't know what I would do If i would meet her somewhere out there...
Thinkin' about that, probably I wouldn't do the same things with another girl, but i would redo the same things with her..

You know...sometimes you just do things without knowing why, because you feel you have to act that way, even if you wouldn't act the same way with other people or even if it's not the best thing to do.

Anyway, it's 5 years ago, here we're talking about 20 years ago... nervous... And Axl is the one who actually "won", so I really don't get his anger and hate and, at the same time, his interest on what the others band member, including slash, are doing. Ex: why reading a book of a man you don't care about, that is a liar, and you want to put out of your life forever?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:23:30 AM by ITARocker » Logged
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2013, 05:08:09 AM »

Here's what Axl said in Tokyo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzRrDNS7epE

Have to wonder how many of the Japanese audience actually understood what he was saying, apart from the thank you very much. He tends to make some odd statements that don't mean anything to the audience, I've heard him say "they put chocolate in the peanut butter" but that's all he seemed to say - what was that about??

The rant in Tokyo was about behind the scenes stuff which we don't know what's going on but I guess he gets it off his chest & sends a message to those 'in the know' who he isn't happy about. Lets them know he's not afraid to speak his mind but I think everyone knows that already, but still it's nice to hear his speaking voice as I love his voice & his accent.  yes
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2013, 06:03:59 AM »

Its not that simple though is it?  Why don't you pick up the phone and contact an old friend that you fell out with and haven't spoken to in over 10 years? 
Surely it would be awkward, what do you say, where do you start, what happens if the other person isn't interested in hearing from you? 

Clearly Slash made some sort of drunken attempt to talk to Axl in 2006 but it didn't end well for Slash. 

The problem with Axl and Slash is that they have both clearly hurt each other and they both only see things from their own perception of what happened without trying to understand things from the others point of view.

Of the 2, I think it would benefit Axl more to air out their differences.  He still seems very bitter and hateful of Slash which is an unhealthy way to live.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gnrfan1797
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »

Does anyone else think that Drugs had a role in all of this to? Seems to me after reading Slash's book and Duff's book that neither were in great shape.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2013, 08:57:19 AM »

Does anyone else think that Drugs had a role in all of this to? Seems to me after reading Slash's book and Duff's book that neither were in great shape.
absolutely. I read the recent Rolling Stone article on Kiss getting into the Hall and Gene was saying how Ace and Peter were out of the band was because of the drugs and alcohol. Not that Axl is a saint but he wasn't a junkie like Slash back in the day and a raging alcoholic like Duff. However, both are seemingly clean now, so while drugs and alcohol may have played a part in the breakup of the band, it isn't much of a factor currently.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

Drugs and alcohol only work if everyone is onboard and doing them.  Then, no one judges, no one sees a problem. 

Anytime you got a junkie and a drunk paired up with a guy that does such things in moderation, or perhaps not at all, there are going to be problems.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »

Probably not half as much as its made out to be.  Slash mainly done lots of drugs when Guns weren't touring or had breaks in their schedule.  Its just the way he was / is.  He needs to keep busy.

When Guns were on tour though, although I'm sure he drank very large volumes everyday and maybe did some drugs at night, Slash was always up early doing the media rounds and always on time at every show. 

I don't think drugs or drinking were that much of an issue though to be honest.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »

Probably not half as much as its made out to be.  Slash mainly done lots of drugs when Guns weren't touring or had breaks in their schedule.  Its just the way he was / is.  He needs to keep busy.

When Guns were on tour though, although I'm sure he drank very large volumes everyday and maybe did some drugs at night, Slash was always up early doing the media rounds and always on time at every show. 

I don't think drugs or drinking were that much of an issue though to be honest.

I would think the problems would be when you are trying to talk to him about business shit or something coming up, and the guy is wrecked.  At its like 3PM.

Annoyance and resentment are going to be natural reactions.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

I would think the problems would be when you are trying to talk to him about business shit or something coming up, and the guy is wrecked.  At its like 3PM.

And you're going to feel put upon (that you are now stuck being clear headed and making the business decisions), too.  All while you're watching the people who are supposedly your partners "having fun" while you're left doing the "work".

Not saying that's what was happening..I don't know...but if it was, and I was the one expected to be doing the work, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »

And you're going to feel put upon (that you are now stuck being clear headed and making the business decisions), too.  All while you're watching the people who are supposedly your partners "having fun" while you're left doing the "work".

Not saying that's what was happening..I don't know...but if it was, and I was the one expected to be doing the work, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Spot on. 

Its going to get old after awhile.  You feel like the only grown up.

I always assumed that's what the thing at the Stones concert in 1989 was.  I think Axl meant exactly what he said that day.  He was at wit's end trying to get these guy's attention on the matter, but he knew they could not possibly continue the way things had been going.

For all the crap Axl takes about being juvenile at times, that was probably the most grown up thing you will ever see a guy do in that spot. 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2013, 10:46:57 AM »

Spot on. 

Its going to get old after awhile.  You feel like the only grown up.

I always assumed that's what the thing at the Stones concert in 1989 was.  I think Axl meant exactly what he said that day.  He was at wit's end trying to get these guy's attention on the matter, but he knew they could not possibly continue the way things had been going.

For all the crap Axl takes about being juvenile at times, that was probably the most grown up thing you will ever see a guy do in that spot. 

I think that was part of it.

We also have a pretty good idea that Axl is a bit of a perfectionist, and has a whole lot of professional pride.

We've heard the stories of Izzy being so fucked up during shows they had to turn his guitar amps down so they were almost completely out of the mix.

I think AXL was noticing more of that from some of the other band members, too...with the worst offender being Steven.

So, now, maybe...you've got a guy who is having to deal with all the work crap, and he's now watching the product he takes pride in get fucked up by his partners.

I would find that very frustrating, and be REALLY pissed, if that happened to me.  All theorycrafting on my part, of course.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »

people, during UYI Slash basically did ALL the interviews, he was the one talking on tv, radio, newspaper etc.! he did the job, he gave it all, he was always on stage on time (wait..."before" time!), rehearsed like a madman......he did all this since the clubdays! it's just unfair and totally out of line saying that Axl did the main work.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »

people, during UYI Slash basically did ALL the interviews, he was the one talking on tv, radio, newspaper etc.! he did the job, he gave it all, he was always on stage on time (wait..."before" time!), rehearsed like a madman......he did all this since the clubdays! it's just unfair and totally out of line saying that Axl did the main work.

Pretty much my thoughts.  Slash was able to function regardless of what he was doing.
It was mainly during breaks in their schedule when he had real issues with drugs.  Then he'd clean up a bit when he needed to for tours and other business related things.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: