Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 398490 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1620 on: March 23, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »

I'm still unclear why the band won't let him comment.  Unless they think he is going to just trash them.

But what are they holding over his head?  Its not like the guy has royalties they can fuck with.  Dude is a salaried employee.

We all wish the girl we treated like shit doesn't go out and motherfuck us to anyone that will listen, but its not like she'll honor that request.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1621 on: March 23, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »

I'm still unclear why the band won't let him comment.  Unless they think he is going to just trash them.

But what are they holding over his head?  Its not like the guy has royalties they can fuck with.  Dude is a salaried employee.

Hypothetically...there could be a gag order component to his contract expiration.  They're not uncommon in situations like this. Other bands, who've had to use "subs" or contracted players, have done similar things.

So..it might not be this nefarious blackmail type situation you're sort of implying.  It might simply be a contractual obligation that he's somewhat leary of violating.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1622 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »

NDA's are very commonly used both in business and industry, not saying that is the case but it isn't some dark plot like some are hallucinating about in their attempts to paint GNR in the worst light possible  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #1623 on: March 23, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »

I personally believe he's coming across poorly. Kind of like an athlete who is under contract who is complaining about how little he's getting paid by the team he's contracted to play with. Ron's a professional. He signed a contract. He shouldve known more or less what he was getting into.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1624 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:43 AM »

NDA's are very commonly used both in business and industry, not saying that is the case but it isn't some dark plot like some are hallucinating about in their attempts to paint GNR in the worst light possible  hihi

It also seems like all past (new era) members have had something like this. Hense the real like of interview regarding their experiences in gnr

It seems Ron is the only one that has a problem with this.   Which he didn't have a problem with when he signed his contract and was making big money playing in the band

He acts like he has this earth shattering news he has for the world, but guns n roses is forcing him not to say anything
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1625 on: March 23, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »

I personally believe he's coming across poorly. Kind of like an athlete who is under contract who is complaining about how little he's getting paid by the team he's contracted to play with. Ron's a professional. He signed a contract. He shouldve known more or less what he was getting into.

Agree, he has handled this entire situation very poorly.

He was hired to do a job, the job exposed him to an untold number of fans, paid him well and allowed him to travel the world-  he shows no gratitude for this opportunity afforded him and complains, and causes controversy in the media.

Very self-serving attributional bias there.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1626 on: March 23, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »

It also seems like all past (new era) members have had something like this. Hense the real like of interview regarding their experiences in gnr

It seems Ron is the only one that has a problem with this.   Which he didn't have a problem with when he signed his contract and was making big money playing in the band

He acts like he has this earth shattering news he has for the world, but guns n roses is forcing him not to say anything

Dj has no problem doing GNR, Ashba media, his clothing line and sixx am, Richard has no problem doing the D.D. and GNR, Tommy has side ventures, as do Pitman,Dizzy and Ferrer- Ron is the only one whining and complaining.

I think that shows who the problem is.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #1627 on: March 23, 2015, 10:58:22 AM »

The fact that GNR is a huge brand shouldnt be lost here. All of the contracted members are able to exploit their own personal agendas on a larger scale because they are in this band. More people globally know who BBF is because of GNR. He can charge more for bookings as a member or former member of GNR. Same goes for the rest. Ashba gets to push his clothing line on tour. The Dead Daisies wouldnt be as widely known if they didnt have members of GNR in them.

Thats why BBF needs to shut it and realize that he's able to release his solo stuff on a grander scale because of his involovement in GNR.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #1628 on: March 23, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »

The fact that GNR is a huge brand shouldnt be lost here. All of the contracted members are able to exploit their own personal agendas on a larger scale because they are in this band. More people globally know who BBF is because of GNR. He can charge more for bookings as a member or former member of GNR. Same goes for the rest. Ashba gets to push his clothing line on tour. The Dead Daisies wouldnt be as widely known if they didnt have members of GNR in them.

Thats why BBF needs to shut it and realize that he's able to release his solo stuff on a grander scale because of his involovement in GNR.

I?m sure he?s very much aware of the fact GN?R opened doors for him.
He seemed pretty passionate about helping GN?R move forward. Unfortunately there?s not much evidence to suggest that?s ever going to happen, hence his frustration.

A band that doesn?t release music isn?t going to generate much in the way of interest, so the media is going to latch on to the dirt.
A story about a disgruntled (ex)member is more interesting than the new album that doesn?t exist. A select few don?t want to hear him air his grievances in public, but they will listen when he does, and so he will most likely be asked about it in every interview he ever grants. I don?t think anything he said is really all that inflammatory or anything we didn?t already assume.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1629 on: March 23, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »

He seemed pretty passionate about helping GN?R move forward. Unfortunately there?s not much evidence to suggest that?s ever going to happen, hence his frustration.

A band that doesn?t release music isn?t going to generate much in the way of interest, so the media is going to latch on to the dirt.
A story about a disgruntled (ex)member is more interesting than the new album that doesn?t exist. A select few don?t want to hear him air his grievances in public, but they will listen when he does, and so he will most likely be asked about it in every interview he ever grants. I don?t think anything he said is really all that inflammatory or anything we didn?t already assume.

This really is all spot on...

His wishy washy answers are just bad... but this is a very good analysis of the situation.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1630 on: March 23, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »

Not "spot on" at all.

He wanted GNR to move ahead -on his terms-, which seem to be "writing and "jamming" together all in the same room" and  he wanted GNR to give him writing credits by using his craptastic music, unfortunately for him, GNR is not his band, he doesn't get to legislate how things get done, nor the process of getting them done.

He wanted all his whiny gripes accomplished because it benefited him, his stature, his paycheck and his future.  Make no mistake, he had a hefty personal interest in things being done his way, it wasn't out of the goodness of his heart, no altruistic intentions there.

All the watch-tapping, endless complaints, countdowns and deletion on Social media were manipulation tactics, whether trying to manipulate the band, or manipulate the GNR fans, so they could buy his products and attend his shows.

No idea why more can't see this for what it is.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:38:08 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1631 on: March 23, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »

He wanted GNR to move ahead -on his terms-, which seem to be "writing and "jamming" together all in the same room" and  he wanted GNR to give him writing credits, unfortunately for him, GNR is not his band, he doesn't get to legislate how things get done, nor the process of getting them done.

When did he ask or demand for writing credits? I don't remember that one...

Funny how GNR is definitely a band... but when some no name guitar steps out of line and is eager to contribute to new GNR songs before Axl is good n ready... well it's not his band...

You stay strong Axl !!! Fuck these new guys who want to play on a GNR record!!! Touring only !

I'm really just trying to understand both sides of this conundrum... and joking around a little bit.

I am serious about my first question... if Ron demanded those things... I didn't know.. is there a link or is that just speculation?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1632 on: March 23, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »

I am serious about my first question... if Ron demanded those things... I didn't know.. is there a link or is that just speculation?

Considering some of you are were much into speculating, you haven't managed to speculate on why there was such a need to write songs together. There's the outlet of writing songs for solo albums and other bands if there's a need to be creative.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1633 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:52 PM »

He wanted GNR to move ahead -on his terms-, which seem to be "writing and "jamming" together all in the same room" and  he wanted GNR to give him writing credits, unfortunately for him, GNR is not his band, he doesn't get to legislate how things get done, nor the process of getting them done.

Funny how GNR is definitely a band... but when some no name guitar steps out of line and is eager to contribute to new GNR songs before Axl is good n ready... well it's not his band...

You stay strong Axl !!! Fuck these new guys who want to play on a GNR record!!! Touring only !

I'm really just trying to understand both sides of this conundrum... and joking around a little bit.

It is a no-brainer honestly, no speculation involved.

He wanted the band to use his music, he wanted to be "in on" the composition process, and he wanted writing to be done on his terms.

If you contribute to the writing process you get a writing credit, how is this not clear?

Do some research- look up writing credits vs. Performance credits.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:48:37 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1634 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

I think this is fairly accurate.

The most interesting thing he has ever or will ever do in his life was working with Axl Rose, one of the biggest rock starts of his time.  People will always have questions about it.

He just needs to come up with a way to change the subject, and in different ways than he's doing it now, which all suck.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: March 23, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »

Considering some of you are were much into speculating, you haven't managed to speculate on why there was such a need to write songs together. There's the outlet of writing songs for solo albums and other bands if there's a need to be creative.

"Go do a solo album if you want to release stuff.  We don't do that here."

This is a rational stance, as you see it?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1636 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:45 PM »

Ron said many times they never really functioned as a band, creatively.

Rabid defenders hopped on this to state, repeatedly, that is not the only way to write and record.

That's true.  Its not.  But it ain't like there is some other method they are using that's getting anyone anywhere.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1637 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »

Unless you're in Metallica, you're free to do that.

So what's your way of thinking?

Tell me. The band obviously have material that's already written, they don't sit writing songs together (read some interviews) and yet you think this whole thing is a fair gripe? Why? So tell me, why is it that important at this point for them to sit and write songs together?

Funny how you're suddenly not interested in using that free thinking to speculate.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1638 on: March 23, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »

Unless you're in Metallica, you're free to do that.

So what's your way of thinking?

My way of thinking is asking your band whey they never actually, you know...do anything is not some crazy question.

And its not then incumbent on the fans to come up with 47 reasons whey they don't.  Even going so far as to try and paint them as positive (if you think about it).

You are still WAY too wrapped up in the sitting in the room thing.  The actual beef is sitting on their asses for years at a time with no progress. 

You want to tell me he knew that going in, I'll agree.  But if stuff was still getting done, yes, in some way other than all sitting in a room together...there is not an issue.

The issue is that nothing gets done.  Not all sitting in a room.  Not trading tapes back and forth.  Nothing.  Years pass and nothing happens.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1639 on: March 23, 2015, 03:13:52 PM »

It is a no-brainer honestly, no speculation involved.

He wanted the band to use his music, he wanted to be "in on" the composition process, and he wanted writing to be done on his terms.

If you contribute to the writing process you get a writing credit, how is this not clear?

Do some research- look up writing credits vs. Performance credits.

Oh... because you have figured it out and its so obvious... there is no speculation involved... I get it.

I THINK I understand that if you contribute to the writing process that you get writing credit.... I think...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: