Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 07:13:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Interview To Be Released Monday  (Read 78386 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2015, 08:17:09 PM »

I am sure he had to justify it to himself; I am certain he felt he had a distinct 'reason' for doing it. 

I know it's not mentioned specifically in the contract, but he would still need a reason for putting it in there in case questions was raised about why it was there.

We don't know if Slash or Duff questioned it (I have to think that they did, otherwise that's beyond stupid), but I'm certain Axl was prepared to defend the amendment.

Concerning Slash and Duff, there is the coercion story, that Axl threatened to not go on stage at a certain Use Your Illusion concert if Slash/Duff did not sign the amendment. This story has been mentioned by both Slash and Duff, refuted by Axl, and keenly debated on most of the forums (except for this one).

Part 2 of the picture you provided (the one with the final signatures) shows clearly that they (Slash and Duff) signed that document almost a week apart. That's proof right there that Axl is telling the truth about that particular story.

I know some can say that they only had to sign the actual amendment (the yellowed text) at the same time, but that wouldn't make any sense as those signatures would mean nothing unless the final line is signed.

The debates have been intense on this, not helped by the fact that MSL refused to release the rest of the document for some mysterious reason, and that Slash and Duff's dates do not correspond (Slash says 1992; Duff says, Barcelona 1993). My own belief is that something like this did happen, but there was an intermediary figure, perhaps Goldstein or the tour manager, who insinuated that Axl would not go on stage.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »

But when Axl said he said he's be sued into oblivion if he did that...isn't that right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »

But when Axl said he said he's be sued into oblivion if he did that...isn't that right?

Around this whole time frame there was some very strange buisness moves by gnr..

For example before the naming rights mess happend Izzy left the band.  One of Izzys biggest reasons for leaving was over money.  The band tried to change the partnership agreement with him.  There by making izzy an employee not a partner   Now I am not saying that is all Axl because duff and slash benifited from this as well.  But then around 1995 the same thing happend when Axl left the partnership of himself duff and slash.  And tried to make those too employees.   

So I do defend axl when it comes to the name rights.  I don't think his motive was pure finacial.  But damn with all that above. The pieces sure dos line up for him to have sole power in the band. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #503 on: February 21, 2015, 09:01:20 PM »

If that story were true, I'd have to think Slash or Duff would have grounds to claim they were coerced into signing, lest risk a riot.

It becomes a public safety issue, doesn't it?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »

If that story were true, I'd have to think Slash or Duff would have grounds to claim they were coerced into signing, lest risk a riot.

It becomes a public safety issue, doesn't it?

There has to be some truth to this, unless both those guys are making up the story.   But again, Axl has left the stage and came on late many times.    If it was me and someone said sign this piece of paper that pretty much takes millions away from you and gives it to me.  I would say Ya right pal, not going to happen.  But those two did sign it!!!!   So there you go. 
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2015, 03:14:31 AM »

At best, Duff and Slash were told at the same time of the demands and gave a signal that they would sign it.... But even then, in the cold light of day, would they sign it  Huh Me thinks they didn't get implications and decided not to kill the golden goose by signing away their (at that time) rights,  The moral argument is a another matter. Sorry to go off message, now can we go back to the interview and enjoy discussing that  yes
mortismurphy
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2015, 08:09:03 AM »

We will probably never know the complete truth.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

At best, Duff and Slash were told at the same time of the demands and gave a signal that they would sign it.... But even then, in the cold light of day, would they sign it  Huh Me thinks they didn't get implications and decided not to kill the golden goose by signing away their (at that time) rights,  The moral argument is a another matter. Sorry to go off message, now can we go back to the interview and enjoy discussing that  yes

I agree, why continue to debate a clearly Dead Horse topic simply because some seek to further their invented narrative.

Can we discuss the Interview?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »

I can only speak for myself but I actually find it an interesting Sherlockian mystery.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

The Dead Daisies will be in Europe this summer. They've just been announced to appear at the Download festival in England in June as well as opening shows for KISS the same month.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »

The Dead Daisies will be in Europe this summer. They've just been announced to appear at the Download festival in England in June as well as opening shows for KISS the same month.

/jarmo

Then there might be a chance for shows in Scandinavia. At least we can hope.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: