Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:22:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52111 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »

None of the comments contradict each other. These people are too stubborn to realize it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »

There is something really sinister that happens on this forum, through the introduction of Strawman arguments. The first - the only people - to bring up 'liars', 'lying', was Jarmo and Emily. At no point have I, DGX or Ginger (I believe) ever accused these two members of 'lying'.

I am not going to defend an opinion that I do not possess and did not even state to began with!!

Look, I didn't read your previous comments on this page, sorry. I was just asking a question based on the last comment you made.

No problems. It is just I get this from certain other members (I think I am now a 'DJ Hater' also!)

The two statements doesn't "flat out contradict each other" as you said. One of them are giving a vague time frame while the other one doesn't give one at all. If the tour is planned for say December of this year, then it really comes down to Richard's definition of "soon". For all we know he's looking two months into the future with his tour comment.

You don't have to stretch things very far to make the two comments match. This could easily have a natural explanation.

Hmm, it is a hard sell for me - I am sorry. Firstly, you would have to assume that Ashba's long term plans are very, futuristic, in order to eradicate the 'soon'. Secondly, both statements have that vague, informality, we are used to.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »

None of the comments contradict each other. These people are too stubborn to realize it.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!

Why are you here if you're not gonna read what I posted?

Since you seem confused, I'll link it to you: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66151.msg1380860#msg1380860

It's not my fault you're too busy finding your caps lock key instead of reading what's been said. Focus on one thing at the time.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:06:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2015, 04:06:01 PM »

The two statements doesn't "flat out contradict each other" as you said. One of them are giving a vague time frame while the other one doesn't give one at all. If the tour is planned for say December of this year, then it really comes down to Richard's definition of "soon". For all we know he's looking two months into the future with his tour comment.

You don't have to stretch things very far to make the two comments match. This could easily have a natural explanation.

Hmm, it is a hard sell for me - I am sorry. Firstly, you would have to assume that Ashba's long term plans are very, futuristic, in order to eradicate the 'soon'. Secondly, both statements have that vague, informality, we are used to.

Then, other than one of them lying, what is your reasoning for them to come out and say what they did?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 04:08:41 PM »

If Spirit, Mysteron (and probably pilferk) gets it, why can't the other two?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »

Why are you here if you're not gonna read what I posted?

I read it.  I disagree with it.

What else am I supposed to do?  Be waterboarded until I do?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2015, 04:13:00 PM »

I forgot you're into water sports.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »

Rattle, rattle...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:11 PM »

We plan on touring in 2015.
We won't tour soon.
We plan on going on tour.

No wonder Axl doesn't give lots of interviews. If that confuses you.

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:33 PM »

Then, other than one of them lying, what is your reasoning for them to come out and say what they did?

My own belief is there is a lack of communication between Axl/Team Brazil and the constituent parts of the band. This tallies in with what Ron said, about not being able to get a phone call down to management. I basically think, when bombarded with gnr questions, they fall back on vague platitudes. It is not deliberate lying. They can only have recourse to fall back on vague half-discussed plans, discussed at distant meetings. Probably one or two members are more, in the loop, and converse with each other. One of the only occasions when a band member spoke bluntly was, this occasion,

"You know what?! Just forget about a new record until it happens. I mean, I can't even begin? How long have we been talking about a new fucking record? And I'm the only that doesn't bullshit you people about it and I say, no, we haven't been in the studio together; no, we haven't started writing together as a band."

- Ron (March 2013)
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-just-forget-about-a-new-record-until-it-happens/

This happened at a time when members such as Dizzy and DJ were discussing 'recording'. We are much closer to the reality here, I feel.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »

My own belief is there is a lack of communication between Axl/Team Brazil and the constituent parts of the band. This tallies in with what Ron said, about not being able to get a phone call down to management. I basically think, when bombarded with gnr questions, they fall back on vague platitudes. It is not deliberate lying. They can only have recourse to fall back on vague half-discussed plans, discussed at distant meetings. Probably one or two members are more, in the loop, and converse with each other.

This seems very plausible.

Many times the answers are word for word the exact same thing.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »

Rattle, rattle...

It is fairly simple, some things happen soon, and some thing just happen. A birthday is May is soon, a birthday is January is not soon, taking into account an Earth Year as a frame of reference, but they both will happen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »

It is fairly simple, some things happen soon, and some thing just happen. A birthday is May is soon, a birthday is January is not soon, taking into account an Earth Year as a frame of reference, but they both will happen

I see that point.

But maybe that's a better way to try and explain it than spending all of yesterday stomping your feet and pounding on the desk and insisting it was all because DJ's comments were from months ago.

Because then, when you get a new interview this morning dated yesterday and he says the same thing, you think....shit.

Committing so hard to the time difference as a reason suddenly looks like a bad play. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »

Can some of you English speakers tell me if I'm contradicting myself here.

2014: I plan on eating a burger in 2015.
February 15: I don't plan on eating any burger soon.
February 19: I was thinking about eating one, and I plan on eating a burger.

Thanks!

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »

Can some of you English speakers tell me if I'm contradicting myself here.

2014: I plan on eating a burger in 2015.
February 15: I don't plan on eating any burger soon.
February 19: I was thinking about eating one, and I plan on eating a burger.

Thanks!

/jarmo

The fact that two informal quotations can only be reconciled by an examination of the word, ''soon'', tells you something. Yes, they can be reconciled, but I prefer the explanation that they are both falling back on vagueness because of a dearth in information from the central core. It tallies, it actually explains, all of these comments, stretching back to around 2011/2012, the ''we need to sort out the material'' chestnut. It also fits with Bumblefoot's inability to phone management.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

The fact that two informal quotations can only be reconciled by an examination of the word, ''soon'', tells you something. Yes, they can be reconciled, but I prefer the explanation that they are both falling back on vagueness because of a dearth in information from the central core. It tallies, it actually explains, all of these comments, stretching back to around 2011/2012, the ''we need to sort out the material'' chestnut.

Yes, it's vague. But they don't contradict each other.

A lot of people do this. They say they wanna do something. Don't say when or remain vague. Others are very specific and won't say that unless they know they will.

Regarding the material, I think it's true. Judging by what's been said, I don't think there's an issue with not having anything recorded.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »

Regarding the material, I think it's true. Judging by what's been said, I don't think there's an issue with not having anything recorded.

I'd have to think its largely done, by now.  My biggest question would be vocals.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2015, 08:06:18 PM »

My own belief is there is a lack of communication between Axl/Team Brazil and the constituent parts of the band. This tallies in with what Ron said, about not being able to get a phone call down to management. I basically think, when bombarded with gnr questions, they fall back on vague platitudes. It is not deliberate lying. They can only have recourse to fall back on vague half-discussed plans, discussed at distant meetings. Probably one or two members are more, in the loop, and converse with each other.

Besides the fact that he gives no exact time, Dj's statement isn't very vague. They plan on touring.

Richard.. either he sits on the same information and wants it to be 100% before he wants to say anything publicly. Or, he's a bit out of the loop on the subject. No big deal really, he's been out doing side projects for some time. But, as he said, they're all fully committed to GN'R when the time comes. Hopefully the plan is now to release the stuff they have already recorded.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:48 PM »

Great to see DJ doing still doing interviews. Must be hard when you know the inevitable questions are coming.
I actually did have to check the time stamp myself however to see if the interview I was reading was current or not.......
I don't care what anyone says that was polar opposite to what Richard said. 

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: