Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52108 times)
mortismurphy
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07:20 PM »

Then, other than one of them lying, what is your reasoning for them to come out and say what they did?

My own belief is there is a lack of communication between Axl/Team Brazil and the constituent parts of the band. This tallies in with what Ron said, about not being able to get a phone call down to management. I basically think, when bombarded with gnr questions, they fall back on vague platitudes. It is not deliberate lying. They can only have recourse to fall back on vague half-discussed plans, discussed at distant meetings. Probably one or two members are more, in the loop, and converse with each other.

Besides the fact that he gives no exact time, Dj's statement isn't very vague. They plan on touring.

Richard.. either he sits on the same information and wants it to be 100% before he wants to say anything publicly. Or, he's a bit out of the loop on the subject. No big deal really, he's been out doing side projects for some time. But, as he said, they're all fully committed to GN'R when the time comes. Hopefully the plan is now to release the stuff they have already recorded.

''We were talking'' is a whole lot more vague than, ''we are''. I suppose it rests semantically on your reading of the adjective 'vague''. If you see concrete plans in Ashba's statement, be my guest...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »

"It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"

He wouldn't say that unless it's based on something.

I'm not saying this is proof of anything being confirmed, but it seems to be in their plans.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:27:14 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2015, 09:28:59 PM »

It really seems like there is some BIG TIME miscommunication going on between the members. I don't think DJ nor Richard are lying. It seems to me that they don't know what is going on.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2015, 11:21:07 PM »

OH MY GOD!  I'm sorry guys (mort and DX), but I have no idea what you guys are even arguing about?  Are you guys upset?  Are you suggesting either DJ or Richard don't know what's going on?  Are you pissed at the band because you think Richards and DJ's comments contradict each other?  I honestly don't get it? 

DJ first says he's expecting a lot of touring in 2015. 
Richard then says no touring anytime soon. 
Then DJ says they will be touring. 

I don't understand all the fuss over these comments and find it quite amazing they've drawn this much attention out of you two.  Just because they aren't touring "soon" like Richard said, doesn't mean they aren't touring in 2015.  I believe Richard as I think Axl is focused on putting an album together first (what he mentioned last year).  And I believe DJ because once putting an album out happens, I believe they will tour.  Now maybe DJ expected touring to start sooner because he expected things to move faster, but so what?  Maybe some plans changed....I don't know.  But I think it's pretty clear from these statements and what we've heard over the past year, that they are focusing on an album and it seems like touring will follow.

Why do you guys dissect this shit to death?  I think it's pretty simple.  DX, you come across as someone with some intelligence so I don't get it?  Mort on the other hand I question...  It was like the time Jarmo and I were trying to explain how GNR's management during 2001 and 2002 was the same management and Mort just could not understand for the life of him what we were talking about.  "But 2002, it was Axl who showed up late to a concert...."  wtf... Lol.  Huh  I made a comment a couple weeks ago as well that went right over morts head.  What's going on bro?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:49 AM »

It really seems like there is some BIG TIME miscommunication going on between the members. I don't think DJ nor Richard are lying. It seems to me that they don't know what is going on.

Yes it does, unless they are planning on doing a lot of touring.  Just not anytime soon.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mortismurphy
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2015, 04:27:02 AM »

OH MY GOD!  I'm sorry guys (mort and DX), but I have no idea what you guys are even arguing about?  Are you guys upset?  Are you suggesting either DJ or Richard don't know what's going on?  Are you pissed at the band because you think Richards and DJ's comments contradict each other?  I honestly don't get it? 

DJ first says he's expecting a lot of touring in 2015. 
Richard then says no touring anytime soon. 
Then DJ says they will be touring. 

I don't understand all the fuss over these comments and find it quite amazing they've drawn this much attention out of you two.  Just because they aren't touring "soon" like Richard said, doesn't mean they aren't touring in 2015.  I believe Richard as I think Axl is focused on putting an album together first (what he mentioned last year).  And I believe DJ because once putting an album out happens, I believe they will tour.  Now maybe DJ expected touring to start sooner because he expected things to move faster, but so what?  Maybe some plans changed....I don't know.  But I think it's pretty clear from these statements and what we've heard over the past year, that they are focusing on an album and it seems like touring will follow.

Why do you guys dissect this shit to death?  I think it's pretty simple.  DX, you come across as someone with some intelligence so I don't get it?  Mort on the other hand I question...  It was like the time Jarmo and I were trying to explain how GNR's management during 2001 and 2002 was the same management and Mort just could not understand for the life of him what we were talking about.  "But 2002, it was Axl who showed up late to a concert...."  wtf... Lol.  Huh  I made a comment a couple weeks ago as well that went right over morts head.  What's going on bro?

I am neither 'upset' nor 'pissed' at anything. I am just raising a point about a topical piece for the process of, discussion and dissemination.

Does that make me the unintelligent member of the 'whiner' coalition? Oh well, I have been called much worse things. I freely admit that I have problems understanding Jarmo at the best of times.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2015, 07:46:26 AM »

If you look at my comments on all this, they are more about the reaction to the comments than the comments themselves.

I don't share the opinion these guys are on the same page.  But I've been focusing more on the folks who are militant and insistent that they match up, and the(at times) absurd lengths they will go to in attempts to explain it all away.  I was trying to get at why that is so paramount. 

I was more interested in some of the reactions around here than the comments themselves.  Because, frankly, unless its Axl talking, its not really worth taking all that seriously.  The rest of these band members don't seem to know shit about shit.   

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »

So now it's absurd to point out that there's no secret conspiracy to lie to you (a joke!) or that they're not contracting each other, because you choose to put that spin on it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »

So now it's absurd to point out that there's no secret conspiracy to lie to you (a joke!) or that they're not contracting each other, because you choose to put that spin on it?

More that I'm unclear why simply pointing out the comments don't match up is a man all battle stations situation.

It seemed to be VERY IMPORTANT that people not see any inconsistency.  And if you had that opinion, you needed to be corrected, and corrected with extreme prejudice.

It was just unacceptable to think that, based on some of the reactions.  I found that equal parts silly and over the top.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2015, 08:41:57 AM »

How do I explain this to you again? I post what I think, and I have disagree with something, I say so.

I disagree with some of you who go on and on about how these comments are all different and contradicting.

Why? Because:
#1: Dj's comments in 2014 could still apply. He said 2015.shows in 2015 could still happen if you're realistic.
#2: Richard'c comments on no touring soon does not contradict #1. Unless Dj mean in the same time frame as Richard is now talking about. If you assume that, then it's safe to say something changed between #1 and #2.
#3: Dj's latest comments do not give a time frame. Once again, you can spin it and claim he means the exact time frame Richard is talking about. But that's something you're grasping at, it's not exactly apparent if you read the comments.

Now, call that absurd, call me crazy, do whatever. But that's not absurd in my books. More like using common sense and going through what was said without some kind of hubris about finding discrepancies. Free thinking!

Smiley

You whine about me pointing it out. I guess that's what keeps you busy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »

Hmm, A and B seem inconsistent

- No, they are consistent

Well I think they are inconsistent so let's discuss this in a civilised manner

- Sure

At this point, most sane people merely thrash it out. Usually what happens is one of two things: either one party persuades the other as to their argument, or, both ultimately agree to disagree. It might become an interesting topic, with one or two diversions. But, we are on HTGTH so this happens instead,

- Why do you get off on calling them liars

But I have not called them liars

- You are a DJ hater

But I have not expressed any negativity towards DJ, whatsoever

- So you are calling them liars

I repeat, I never called them liars

- why do you come here, you are a negative whiner. Go away.

I am just throwing this question out here. Just ponder on this for a second: considering a lot is said about 'negativity' here, just ask yourself who are the negative people and who are the positive? I have never seen many of the so called 'whiners' launch a barrage of expletives. Just saying.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2015, 08:58:22 AM »

More that I'm unclear why simply pointing out the comments don't match up is a man all battle stations situation.

It seemed to be VERY IMPORTANT that people not see any inconsistency.  And if you had that opinion, you needed to be corrected, and corrected with extreme prejudice.

It was just unacceptable to think that, based on some of the reactions.  I found that equal parts silly and over the top.

That?s what I find interesting too.  There?s inability for people to acknowledge that these statements are inconsistent is amazing.  #1 We are touring, #2 We have no plan to tour soon.  One is phrased in the positive and the other in the negative.  They are inconsistent?but man people are really going to absurd lengths to claim they naturally flow from each other.

Why?  It seems like there?s this fiction created where everything must viewed as humming right along, with no hiccups, all as planned.  If not, then you?ll go right to accusing us as calling DJ a liar (interesting you only said we?re accusing DJ of lying?wouldn?t the same hold true for Richard?), which no one has done.

The inconsistencies speak to a larger issue of communication within and between the band.  Ron has discussed this for years (but I guess we discount his (first hand) accounts because he?s now a persona non grata). 

That?s it.  No one?s lying?just that, IMO, no one knows what the fuck?s going on?they?re off touring and recording with their various side projects and maybe the phone will ring in 2015, or maybe the phone will not ring soon, or maybe it will ring.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »

How do I explain this to you again? I post what I think, and I have disagree with something, I say so.

Ditto.

I disagree with some of you who go on and on about how these comments are all different and contradicting.

Why? Because:
#1: Dj's comments in 2014 could still apply. He said 2015.shows in 2015 could still happen if you're realistic.
#2: Richard'c comments on no touring soon does not contradict #1. Unless Dj mean in the same time frame as Richard is now talking about. If you assume that, then it's safe to say something changed between #1 and #2.
#3: Dj's latest comments do not give a time frame. Once again, you can spin it and claim he means the exact time frame Richard is talking about. But that's something you're grasping at, it's not exactly apparent if you read the comments.

Now, call that absurd, call me crazy, do whatever. But that's not absurd in my books. More like using common sense and going through what was said without some kind of hubris about finding discrepancies. Free thinking!

This is your opinion.  I don't share it.  It happens.

But that was made clear some time ago.  I'm not sure why you keep re-typing it.  If it didn't land the first 5 times, why is the 6th restating of the same premise going to be the big breakthrough?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »

That?s what I find interesting too.  There?s inability for people to acknowledge that these statements are inconsistent is amazing.  #1 We are touring, #2 We have no plan to tour soon.  One is phrased in the positive and the other in the negative.  They are inconsistent?but man people are really going to absurd lengths to claim they naturally flow from each other.

You, me, and several others here don't share that same fire to make everything appear normal and functional at all times, even if we have to stretch reason to its breaking point.

That's not as important to me, nor I imagine, to you.  If something comes up that makes things seems a little off with this band, we don't need to work overtime to explain how, technically, in a way, if you think about it...its all normal.  Nothing to see here.

Its the basis for a lot of the friction around here, us not having that same prime directive.

mortismurphy
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »

In fairness, some of these explanations are wonderful in their artifice. Who would have though Budweiser was funding Chinese Democracy 2?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2015, 10:12:44 AM »

Of course they are going to do a lot more touring
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »

I am just throwing this question out here. Just ponder on this for a second: considering a lot is said about 'negativity' here, just ask yourself who are the negative people and who are the positive? I have never seen many of the so called 'whiners' launch a barrage of expletives. Just saying.

Fucking hell. For people who are so quick to criticize anything GN'R related, you sure are sensitive about adult language.
Did you buy the clean versions of GN'R albums too?

I had no idea this was such a concern.

Plenty of other people, besides the little clique of a few who show little positivity regarding GN'R, disagree with you on this topic. Funny innit.

This is your opinion.  I don't share it.  It happens.

But that was made clear some time ago.  I'm not sure why you keep re-typing it.  If it didn't land the first 5 times, why is the 6th restating of the same premise going to be the big breakthrough?

It happens, but what also happens is that your idea of a discussion is to ridicule, generalize and claim you don't agree. But you can't say for sure that what I said is wrong. you just refuse to acknowledge it because in your  mind it's a "spin" and you can't have that. Even though you do the same exact thing all the time, spinning and twisting everything to fit the idea of Axl and GN'R that resides in your mind.

In fairness, some of these explanations are wonderful in their artifice. Who would have though Budweiser was funding Chinese Democracy 2?

Straw man! Spin! Pity party!

I pointed out hat YOU have no clue. YOU assume that Universal magically changed their minds after Chinese came out and paid for everything. Where's the proof of your assumption? Nowhere to be seen. It's just that it fits whatever your idea is. You don't even WANT to entertain the idea that money made on tours, and possibly this commercial, is invested back into GN'R. Because if you did, suddenly your "pointless touring" seems like a pointless comment to make.  peace

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:53:34 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

Fucking hell. For people who are so quick to criticize anything GN'R related, you sure are sensitive about adult language.
Did you buy the clean versions of GN'R albums too?

I had no idea this was such a concern.

I think he's saying that the "positive" and "loyal" people seem quicker and far more likely to pepper their stuff with juvenile pissy insults when they get a little hot and bothered.

And despite some of we whiny entitled types being both subjected to them, as well as having all sorts of horrible projections and fallacies thrown our way, we don't respond in kind.  Not in severity, and certainly not in frequency.  Though we are long past within our rights to do so.

You fired one off to me yesterday that was one line : "We know how much you like water sports".

That was it.  That was the entire post.  C'mon, man. 

Its not that I'm offended as much as I'm embarrassed for you when you do that stuff.  It makes you look petty and childish.  Having conviction and arguing a stance is laudable, but losing your cool when your stance isn't landing is not.

It happens, but what also happens is that your idea of a discussion is to ridicule, generalize and claim you don't agree. But you can't say for sure that what I said is wrong. you just refuse to acknowledge it because in your  mind it's a "spin" and you can't have that. Even though you do the same exact thing all the time, spinning and twisting everything to fit the idea of Axl and GN'R that resides in your mind.

I guess I could roll with that.  That you may be right.

But, I may be right too.  Would you be willing to grant the same concession, however?  Based on the emotion in some of your posts thus far on the matter, it doesn't seem so.

You and I disagreeing is not exactly a "stop the presses!" type situation.  But we have a difference of opinion here.  It happens.

Presumably, somewhere along the line in your life, you have run into someone with a different opinion on something.  Is this how you always handle it?  Just attempt to browbeat the person into denouncing their opinion as bullshit and accepting yours as the gospel truth? 

We have differing interpretations of some pretty vauge statements.  Subjectivity all around.  Let's not pretend we are arguing if 2+2 equals 4, here.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:11:48 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »

I think he's saying that the "positive" and "loyal" people seem quicker and far more likely to pepper their stuff with juvenile pissy insults when they get a little hot and bothered.

You mean like pity party?

And despite some of we whiny entitled types being both subjected to them, as well as having all sorts of horrible projections and fallacies thrown our way, we don't respond in kind.  Not in severity, and certainly not in frequency.  Though we are long past within our rights to do so.

No, you don't!
You just tell others to fuck off and go away.

You fired one off to me yesterday that was one line : "We know how much you like water sports".

I think I said I didn't know you liked water sports after you made a remark about how I was supposedly torturing you. Hence, it was a response to you. Don't play innocent, no time for your pity party.

Its not that I'm offended as much as I'm embarrassed for you when you do that stuff.  It makes you look petty and childish.  Having conviction and arguing a stance is laudable, but losing your cool when your stance isn't landing is not.

It's called a joke. You've yet to make me lose my cool. No matter how much you try to convince yourself of the opposite.

You on the other hand..... Well, people living in glass houses.

But, I may be right too.  Would you be willing to grant the same concession, however?  Based on the emotion in some of your posts thus far on the matter, it doesn't seem so.

I look at both sides, whatever info is available. I don't count your personal spin opinion as a fact.

Just because you say "this contradicts that" doesn't make, whatever conclusion I came to by looking at the actual comments, invalid. Sorry.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:22:31 AM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »

No, you don't!
You just tell others to fuck off and go away.

One time.  One time in a year and a half I said "go away".  Once.

We had to peel you off the fucking ceiling about it too.  Now imagine if I got that worked up every time you told me I was stupid, a cartoon, a disloyal fan, etc.

It's called a joke. You've yet to make me lose my cool. No matter how much you try to convince yourself of the opposite.

You know, this is going to start to ring a lot truer when so many of your posts stop being laced with terms and expressions I use.  Which sometimes are still used, even if talking to other people.  Not a ringing endorsement you don't give me much of a second thought.

And that goes doubly so for the loss of a "karma point" (whatever the hell that even is) I took yesterday when you got annoyed with me in the heat of the moment. 

Your actions don't support your claims on this one, I'm afraid.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: