Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228076 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52459 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »

One time.  One time in a year and a half I said "go away".  Once.

So? You did. I don't recall telling you to fuck off.

We had to peel you off the fucking ceiling about it too.  Now imagine if I got that worked up every time you told me I was stupid, a cartoon, a disloyal fan, etc.

Not really, but once again, your perception differs from reality.
Yes, you come off as a whiny fan. Those are the cards you dealt me! I had to ASK you guys to say something nice about GN'R, and only then did you manage.
Sorry, that's how you appear. Don't like it? Well, have fun at the one man pity party!

You know, this is going to start to ring a lot truer when so many of your posts stop being laced with terms and expressions I use.  Which sometimes are still used, even if talking to other people.  Not a ringing endorsement you don't give me much of a second thought.

It's funny. I find your over use of select phrases amusing. Because most of them apply to yourself. You just refuse to see it. Cheesy

If you keep posting stupid pointless "I agree" kind of posts and attacks on a person, you'll get warned. Simple as that. Cry about it all you want.

For such an alleged big grown man who's quick to dish out things he doesn't like about GN'R, and self confessed smart ass, you sure can't take any similar comments about yourself.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:53:32 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2015, 11:53:52 AM »

Well, I'm fairly certain we are boring the folks with our little squabble here, so probably best to move on.

I'm not unhappy with the exchange.  The people will ultimately decide how it went for both of us.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »

And that goes doubly so for the loss of a "karma point" (whatever the hell that even is) I took yesterday when you got annoyed with me in the heat of the moment. 

I'm curious now, what are karma points???
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »

We use them as warnings. So we can keep track of who doesn't respect our guidelines here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »

I am just throwing this question out here. Just ponder on this for a second: considering a lot is said about 'negativity' here, just ask yourself who are the negative people and who are the positive? I have never seen many of the so called 'whiners' launch a barrage of expletives. Just saying.

Fucking hell. For people who are so quick to criticize anything GN'R related, you sure are sensitive about adult language.
Did you buy the clean versions of GN'R albums too?

I had no idea this was such a concern.

Plenty of other people, besides the little clique of a few who show little positivity regarding GN'R, disagree with you on this topic. Funny innit.

I am not over sensitive in the slightest. The reason I bring is up is, you make a big deal about the noun 'negativity'. You claim to avoid negativity in your own life - correct? Well I hate to tell you this but the negative posts here are sure as hell not coming from me, nor anyone else disparaged as a 'whiner'. I mean, if this is a mygnr, ''fuck you'', ''no fuck you and your mother'', type deal, at least admit as much and dispense with the hypocrisy and moral cant.

In fairness, some of these explanations are wonderful in their artifice. Who would have though Budweiser was funding Chinese Democracy 2?

YOU assume that Universal magically changed their minds after Chinese came out and paid for everything. Where's the proof of your assumption? Nowhere to be seen. It's just that it fits whatever your idea is. You don't even WANT to entertain the idea that money made on tours, and possibly this commercial, is invested back into GN'R. Because if you did, suddenly your "pointless touring" seems like a pointless comment to make.  peace

I never made such a statement.
mortismurphy
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »

And that goes doubly so for the loss of a "karma point" (whatever the hell that even is) I took yesterday when you got annoyed with me in the heat of the moment. 

I'm curious now, what are karma points???

You know that annoying kid in school who rats on you to the teacher, going ''nah nah nah-nah-nah'', for smashing a window with your footballer. Similar scenario.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »

We use them as warnings. So we can keep track of who doesn't respect our guidelines here.

How does one get a positive number?  People who are extra respectful?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »

I am not over sensitive in the slightest. The reason I bring is up is, you make a big deal about the noun 'negativity'. You claim to avoid negativity in your own life - correct? Well I hate to tell you this but the negative posts here are sure as hell not coming from me, nor anyone else disparaged as a 'whiner'. I mean, if this is a mygnr, ''fuck you'', ''no fuck you and your mother'', type deal, at least admit as much and dispense with the hypocrisy and moral cant.

Negative in this sense, looking for things you don't agree with and focusing on that. At all times.
Being too stubborn to be open to other views than those that live in your head even when you've been proven wrong.
You're guilty of plenty of that.

I never made such a statement.

Really? So I can't generalize and ridicule you the way you try to do the same to me?
But, fact remains, you never explained yourself properly. "I'm not listening to you LA-LA-LA! So whatever you say can't change my mind! LA-LA-LA!". That's you in a nutshell. Yes, a generalization!

This is what happens with you lot. You run away and start making jokes when there's nowhere else to run. Then, it's suddenly about how I'm mean to you guys. My posts are being compared to torture, and I make a joke about it and I'm mean? That's just amazing. Cheesy

You know that annoying kid in school who rats on you to the teacher, going ''nah nah nah-nah-nah'', for smashing a window with your footballer. Similar scenario.

Nowhere near. But whatever floats your boat to the pity party island. Smiley

We vote in the secret meetings held in secret locations where you're not invited. Sorry.  peace

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »

We vote in the secret meetings held in secret locations where you're not invited. Sorry.  peace

The Bizzarro home world?

Where down is up, left is right, and GNR fans have it good.

True, I would not fit in.  Fair enough.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »

Say what you will, but can't we all just agree that Jason Mamoa looks amazing as Aquaman in Batman v Superman?!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Batman-V-Superman-Jason-Mamoa-Aquaman-Image.jpg

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2015, 02:18:39 PM »

The Bizzarro home world?

Where down is up, left is right, and GNR fans have it good.

True, I would not fit in.  Fair enough.

See? Another one of your veiled insulting "jokes".
And then you cry when I make jokes about you.

The irony of it all is that it's the same handful of people who stand out and the same ones who keep complaining about how I conduct myself. If they're so supportive, positive, regular and average, how come they stand out as whiny "every day is Festivus" kind of fans? Plenty of others don't stand out. Only a handful do. Yet they like us to believe they're like the rest of us.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:20:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »

Say what you will, but can't we all just agree that Jason Mamoa looks amazing as Aquaman in Batman v Superman?!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Batman-V-Superman-Jason-Mamoa-Aquaman-Image.jpg

Nah, give me Vinny Chase.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »

The irony of it all is that it's the same handful of people who stand out and the same ones who keep complaining about how I conduct myself. If they're so supportive, positive, regular and average, how come they stand out as whiny "every day is Festivus" kind of fans? Plenty of others don't stand out. Only a handful do. Yet they like us to believe they're like the rest of us.

I do see the point you are making, for the most part.

But just as an aside, what percentage of your posts do you reckon are you talking to these people you are describing?  I'd wager its pretty damn high.

You hate us but you love us, you know?

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »

Hahaha...Someone had to say it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »

Agreed.  Very much looking forward to BvS and the JL and stand-alone Aquaman movies now.  A refreshing take on the character visually.

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »

Agreed.  Very much looking forward to BvS and the JL and stand-alone Aquaman movies now.  A refreshing take on the character visually.

Ali

Yup.  People poo-pooed Man of Steel for being too dark & violent, but as a comic fan, I was quite happy to see new life breathed into old Supes, and am very excited to see Snyder expand his vision for the DC universe onscreen.  And c'mon, who doesn't want to see Batman & Superman duke it out onscreen?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2015, 02:30:27 PM »

Why don't you start by be the big man you claim to be and apologize for being such a hypocrite? You spend all this time today complaining about how I made a mean joke as a response to your comparison between torture and my posts. Now, what do you do? More of the same.

Lead by example, and apologize.
All this just means your complaints regarding my conduct will ignored in the future. Your own doing.  ok

Regarding movie talk- > The Jungle.
Thanks.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

Hahaha...Someone had to say it.

The one brief scene they showed where he is running down the boardwalk in his tux and dives in the water, I remember thinking...man, I kind of want to see that movie.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »

Sorry, I figured since this topic was being utterly derailed, we could at least discuss something interesting.  Roll Eyes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »

Why don't you start by be the big man you claim to be and apologize for being such a hypocrite? You spend all this time today complaining about how I made a mean joke as a response to your comparison between torture and my posts. Now, what do you do? More of the same.

Lead by example, and apologize.
All this just means your complaints regarding my conduct will ignored in the future. Your own doing.  ok

If the water sports line was in response to my waterboarding joke, I guess I can't get too upset about it.  Its pretty much the same thing.  So yeah, I apologize.

Of course, I'm also bookmarking this post.  Beeeeleeeeeeedat.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: