Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:50:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227982 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52110 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »

But Jarmo, you have to see the other point I made (which you ignored), no?

When I see you are the last post in the thread, I pretty much have a 1 in 5 chance of knowing who's post you have quoted and responded to.  Because its always one of the same people, the very people you seem to think are a virus.

You see this, right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »

If the water sports line was in response to my waterboarding joke, I guess I can't get too upset about it.  Its pretty much the same thing.  So yeah, I apologize.

Umm, that ship has sailed. The irony of the situation is that you complain about how mean I was to you, in reality I only said that as a response to something you said. After the complaint was dealt with, you once again feel the need to post a veiled insult.

You just couldn't let it be. And still didn't apologize for that. Actions, not words.

Regarding who or what I reply to. Yes, I often respond to the silly claims made by this handful of (in their own minds) regular supportive fans. They post a lot of shit I just can't relate to.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:24:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »

If the water sports line was in response to my waterboarding joke, I guess I can't get too upset about it.  Its pretty much the same thing.  So yeah, I apologize.

Umm, that ship has sailed.

So you ask for an apology, I give you one, and you tell me the ship has sailed.

Whatever, dude.  Like it would have mattered anyway.  But I still tried.

Regarding who or what I reply to. Yes, I often respond to the silly claims made by this handful of (in their own minds) regular supportive fans. They post a lot of shit I just can't relate to.

So you seek out daily conversations with people you can't relate to, at the expense of people of like mind that post here every day that you totally ignore.

Well, that makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:52:37 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »

rofl

You apologized for the wrong fucking thing. That was the "issue" point!
You just showed what a hypocrite you are. Complaining about a joke that was a direct response to your insult, and then once that was dealt with, you fire back with another veiled insult. You stay classy!

So you seek out daily conversations with people you can't relate to, at the expense of people of like mind that post here every day that you totally ignore.

Well, that makes a lot of sense.

Do you want me to repeat myself again? How many times does it take to make poor you comprehend that I respond to things I either find bullshit, wrong or interesting (this one's not applicable to you)?
I thought I had made this clear a number of times. No?

It's part of having a discussion! Something you claim to be interested in, yet often act the opposite.
I'm beginning to think that you're not really interested in discussions after all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »

Stinson's 'out of a loop'.

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10669552

Basically confirms my hypothesis.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »

That when nothing is going on with GN'R, there's no news to share with the band members who are out touring with their other bands?

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »

That when nothing is going on with GN'R, there's no news to share with the band members who are out touring with their other bands?

/jarmo

That, they are 'out of the loop'.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2015, 02:10:04 PM »

Stinson's 'out of a loop'.

http://www.wmmr.com/shows/matt-cord/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10669552

Basically confirms my hypothesis.

Hm, he did say he was out of a loop, and "that's the cyclical event there".

"Do you know if there will be a new Replacements album?"

"Oh, that's the million dollar question. I know nothing man."

In case you couldn't tell, he gave a non answer. Same thing he did when he was asked about The Replacements. I think he was just referring to how Guns works in cycles, and how right now he's in one of the phases where he can have free time to do what he wants. Whatever Guns is doing right now, he doesn't want to talk about it. Perhaps for the same reasons he doesn't want to talk about the New Replacement album.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »

I think he means he is ''out of the loop'' - exactly what he stated.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2015, 02:33:43 PM »

Quotes don't exist in a vacuum bud. Please don't make me illustrate why taking quotes out of context is silly, you should know better. Or maybe you are right and he really doesn't know what is going on with GNR or the new Replacements album. Sometimes when I don't want to talk about something I say "I don't know about that". Ever done it?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »

Honestly, this concoction of people not knowing what is going on with their own band is a pretty hard sell for me. Maybe he really doesn't know, but I think there's a better chance that he knows than doesn't know. Just based off of common sense.

mortismurphy
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »

He said ''and Guns, I am not sure what is going on with that - I am kinda out of a loop on that a little bit''. It is about as transparent as you can get! Why create a complicated fudge when none exists.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »

Well Mortis, I don't agree but I'm not gonna keep the argument going because I've already made my point. And you know, I could be wrong. Maybe he has no idea what is going on with Guns. No fuckin' clue, no idea, no nothin', doesn't even have Axl's phone number, and if he does, Axl aint talkin'. But that just sounds like more of the same old weird 24/7 around the clock anti GNR conspiracy shit to me.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »

I think he it was more a non answer , trust me he knows about the issues with Ron, and I'm sure hes abreast with Axl and what hes doing, and this wasn't the venue nor the type of interview to go into those issues, it was a brief talk about the fact that they are playing in Philly, bottom line,a quick here is what we(The Replacments are doing)  not the fucking inquisition of Tommy, for shits sake Mortis, you really are on another fucking plane.lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »

I think he it was more a non answer , trust me he knows about the issues with Ron, and I'm sure hes abreast with Axl and what hes doing, and this wasn't the venue nor the type of interview to go into those issues, it was a brief talk about the fact that they are playing in Philly, bottom line,a quick here is what we(The Replacments are doing)  not the fucking inquisition of Tommy, for shits sake Mortis, you really are on another fucking plane.lol

Why would Tommy know about any of that stuff? It's none of his business.  hihi

mortismurphy
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »

Well Mortis, I don't agree but I'm not gonna keep the argument going because I've already made my point. And you know, I could be wrong. Maybe he has no idea what is going on with Guns. No fuckin' clue, no idea, no nothin', doesn't even have Axl's phone number, and if he does, Axl aint talkin'. But that just sounds like more of the same old weird 24/7 around the clock anti GNR conspiracy shit to me.

Why is it such a bizarre theory, that the communication is poor from management? Ron has mentioned communication problems before in the past,

One very difficult show was I played Philadelphia in 2012 with Guns and I was on this nerve-blocker for my spine. I had been in a car accident and the medicine only worked for a month and I had a one month?s supply. Actually, I got a little extra but pretty much the medicine will ONLY work in your body a month and then after that it will stop working. We had a three week tour, or four weeks, whatever it was, and then on four days? notice, they didn?t tell us, they booked another three weeks of shows and I needed to take treatments, I needed to get things done, I needed to take care of my health, and they just ignored that and booked these shows. The first show after that one month was up, I took the pills and they didn?t work and I could barely walk and I had to try and do a three hour show where even if you had just touched the top of my head, it was like someone taking a giant knife and just shoving it in your neck and twisting it. And I had to play a show like that and I could barely move. I had to sit down for a couple of songs and I remember just walking like I was petrified. I could barely bend my knees and my spine, I just couldn?t move. There was just so much pain. I had to do a show like that and many shows after that.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/119059/ron-bumblefoot-thal-guns-n-roses-interview/
mortismurphy
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »

If somebody says they are 'out of the loop', I can only presume they are, 'out of the loop'! I have to take the guy at his word!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »

Why is it such a bizarre theory, that the communication is poor from management? Ron has mentioned communication problems before in the past,

Seriously?

You're just looking for things that you want to be there.

Right now, there's not a lot going on in the GN'R world. Tommy's focusing on the Replacements. What kind of information does he need from GN'R right now to make you happy?
"Hey, Tommy! We don't have any shows booked for any time soon. Ok?".

I'm sure he'll be in the loop as soon as something's going on. In the mean time, keep looking for clues.

Regarding your evidence. Sometimes you get an offer to do a gig, or gigs, and you take it. It's not the first time GN'R did something on short notice. 

/jarmo

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »

One very difficult show was I played Philadelphia in 2012 with Guns and I was on this nerve-blocker for my spine. I had been in a car accident and the medicine only worked for a month and I had a one month?s supply. Actually, I got a little extra but pretty much the medicine will ONLY work in your body a month and then after that it will stop working. We had a three week tour, or four weeks, whatever it was, and then on four days? notice, they didn?t tell us, they booked another three weeks of shows and I needed to take treatments, I needed to get things done, I needed to take care of my health, and they just ignored that and booked these shows. The first show after that one month was up, I took the pills and they didn?t work and I could barely walk and I had to try and do a three hour show where even if you had just touched the top of my head, it was like someone taking a giant knife and just shoving it in your neck and twisting it. And I had to play a show like that and I could barely move. I had to sit down for a couple of songs and I remember just walking like I was petrified. I could barely bend my knees and my spine, I just couldn?t move. There was just so much pain. I had to do a show like that and many shows after that.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/119059/ron-bumblefoot-thal-guns-n-roses-interview/

In that kind of situation, I don't see why he wouldn't say "Hey guys I got these serious medical issues so I can't play, should have told me sooner, sorry." What was Axl going to say? "YOU WHAT? MEDICAL ISSUES!?!?!?!? GET OUT OF MY BAND YOU DISPOSABLE SON OF A BITCH!"

Clearly an issue like that (a fucked up spine), if brought up directly and clearly, is not going to be ignored. My dad got hurt at work recently. The law protects him quite a bit, he isn't able to be fired or forced to work during the time that he is hurt. This is America man, Axl is not Kim Jong Il.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2015, 03:27:35 PM »

Well this place is always good for a laugh. Hope you all have a nice Monday tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: