Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 02:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52474 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »

It?s not hard for me to fathom a lack of communication between the band members themselves, or band members and management.
I?d be far more surprised to hear that they are all on the same page.

DJ has been in the band 6 years, without a note of original GN?R music to his credit.
To put that in perspective, the classic lineup managed their entire discography in 6 years.

Maybe there was some great master plan at one point, but clearly it?s been misplaced.
Maybe it?s in the ?vault? along with UYI III, CD II & III, but they forgot the combination.
Or maybe the plan was to become solely a touring act, in which case, only Bumblefoot seems to have been misinformed.
The others seem content aboard the gravy train.

Or maybe you don't know the plan and this entire statement is uneducated and uninformed speculation.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »

It?s not hard for me to fathom a lack of communication between the band members themselves, or band members and management.

DJ has been in the band 6 years, without a note of original GN?R music to his credit.
To put that in perspective, the classic lineup managed their entire discography in 6 years.

Maybe there was some great master plan at one point, but clearly it?s been misplaced.
Maybe it?s in the ?vault? along with UYI III, CD II & III, but they forgot the combination.
Or maybe the plan was to become solely a touring act, in which case, only Bumblefoot seems to have been misinformed.

Or maybe you don't know the plan and this entire statement is uneducated and uninformed speculation.

or maybe I do know, but you don?t know that I know, in turn making your statement about my statement uneducated and uninformed speculation.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:03 AM »

or maybe I do know, but you don?t know that I know, in turn making your statement about my statement uneducated and uninformed speculation.

In that case, I'd invite you to share your qualifications, your experience, and "the plan" with the rest of us, so we can discuss it.

If you're going to "big time" someone, and say "maybe you know".....then do it right.

Otherwise....I think we all pretty much assume that the poster on the other side of the keyboard is a "normal joe".  Which means Emily's post is pretty much relevant.

And yours, unless you're willing to provide context, isn't.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »

In that case, I'd invite you to share your qualifications, your experience, and "the plan" with the rest of us, so we can discuss it.

If you're going to "big time" someone, and say "maybe you know".....then do it right.

Otherwise....I think we all pretty much assume that the poster on the other side of the keyboard is a "normal joe".  Which means Emily's post is pretty much relevant.

Would probably be fun to formulate a hypothetical GN'R business plan, but best I refrain.
Just a little levity, Pilferk.
Clearly went over like a lead balloon, so my apologies for the lackluster material/delivery.
I confess, I am not an insider.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »

Would probably be fun to formulate a hypothetical GN'R business plan, but best I refrain.
Clearly went over like a lead balloon, so my apologies for the lackluster material/delivery.

Thing's always change... that's important to remember around here...

I knew you were going for a joke.. but I am familiar with ur post's.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »

Sorry...my fault.

Sometimes sarcasm and humor are tough to figure out in prose...especially when you've read similar stuff, from OTHER posters, who deliver it with complete sincerity.

Gotta know the room. Wink

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »

Here...there...in life..in general.

Smiley

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:25 AM »

Here...there...in life..in general.

Smiley

So true...Just more frequently with GNR stuff  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »

Jarmo, what I have bolded is evidence that the communication between the management and members is woeful,

I already replied!

As I said, these two cases have nothing in common. Even using that old Ron interview to prove your point is a stretch. It wasn't the first, or only, time GN'R have announced shows on a short notice.
In addition to that, the fact is that the tour wasn't a "three week tour, or four weeks" with "another three weeks of shows". The tour was in February and March 2012. It was four weeks in total.

Factual error!

Tommy focusing on the Replacements at the moment and GN'R being on hiatus with no scheduled shows, what do you expect?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:33 AM »

I agree.
mortismurphy
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2015, 11:54:30 AM »

I suppose it is a sure sign that a person is not, politically correct (around here), when he can be accused of 'lying'; Ron has stepped from The Truman Show and into to the real world. He has lost his Axl invulnerability cloak and is therefore, open to all manner of accusations.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »

I suppose it is a sure sign that a person is not, politically correct (around here), when he can be accused of 'lying'; Ron has stepped from The Truman Show and into to the real world. He has lost his Axl invulnerability cloak and is therefore, open to all manner of accusations.

First up, that interpretation is, quite frankly, you trying to bolster your own POV (of the band and of the forum)...not necessarily reality.  The change in perception, regarding Ron, can be directly attributed to his recent comments and perceived unprofessionalism. No?

Second, Nobody accused him of anything.

The facts are the facts. He was either incorrect, or he was engaging in hyperbole.

Right?

What other options are there?

So, you're left with that lens to view all of it.  If a LOT of it is demonstrably and incorrectly remembered, or exagerated (it doesn't really matter which), it calls into question ALL of it.

You can't just pick the pieces that support your point of view, and figure THOSE are the truths, and the "other pieces" are the innaccuracies.  The truth is..you don't know.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Sort of true.

Talking about Ron like this as recently as one year ago would never be tolerated.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2015, 12:21:38 PM »

I suppose it is a sure sign that a person is not, politically correct (around here), when he can be accused of 'lying';

Ok. Yet another spin! Nobody said he lied. It was pointed out that your "evidence" contained a factual error and that it was not the first time GN'R announced shows on a short notice.

Why don't you explain how a tour that's about four weeks in total can go from three-four weeks and then allegedly having an additional three weeks of shows added to it. That would make the tour six-seven weeks in total.
What tour is this?

You still did not respond to anything I said. Simply put, you ignore it because it's not convenient for your agenda that you're pushing here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »

Sort of true.

Talking about Ron like this as recently as one year ago would never be tolerated.

That might be more a reflection on Ron's recent comments, and less a reflection on the forum, itself.

YMMV.

Together again,
mortismurphy
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2015, 12:29:49 PM »

I suppose it is a sure sign that a person is not, politically correct (around here), when he can be accused of 'lying';

Ok. Yet another spin! Nobody said he lied. It was pointed out that your "evidence" contained a factual error and that it was not the first time GN'R announced shows on a short notice.

Why don't you explain how a tour that's about four weeks in total can go from three-four weeks and then allegedly having an additional three weeks of shows added to it. That would make the tour six-seven weeks in total.
What tour is this?

You still did not respond to anything I said. Simply put, you ignore it because it's not convenient for your agenda that you're pushing here.

/jarmo

My concern was never the itinerary to begin with. I will take your word for it Jarmo.

Sort of true.

Ron is currently entering the abyss to be greeted by his compatriots, Slash and Buckethead. He is like Superman when he was stripped of his special powers and had to live as a normal human. How will Ron cope without complex webs of HTGTH penned apologia shielding from every possible mistake or failing? Tune in next week..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »

That might be more a reflection on Ron's recent comments, and less a reflection on the forum, itself.

But isn't that the very thing mortismurphy is saying?

Ron's comments have cost him the favored status and protection one gets around here being a member in good standing.

There are any number of anti-DJ threads that could be made, pretty much on any given day.  But make one of those and see how long it lasts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:07 PM »

But isn't that the very thing mortismurphy is saying?

Ron's comments have cost him the favored status and protection one gets around here being a member in good standing.

There are any number of anti-DJ threads that could be made, pretty much on any given day.  But make one of those and see how long it lasts.

No, it's not.  He's saying it's a reflection of the forum and that there was "protection"....as you imply, above.

I'm saying it's a reflection of the man, himself. That the "protection" never existed in the way you're implying...there just wasn't enough legit material to "go after" him, prior to this.

There is a big difference.

As for Anti-DJ threads....of what type?  "I don't like him, I think he's a poser, he's not very talented, he's not Slash"?  Yeah, not surprised.

Has he, himself, made comments that paint himself as unprofessional/etc?  Those are getting deleted? I guess I've missed them....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:36:50 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2015, 12:43:59 PM »

Has he, himself, made comments that paint himself as unprofessional/etc?  Those are getting deleted? I guess I've missed them....

Well, he had a Twitter post just last week looking to fight big bad mean people on the internet.  Made him seem 13 years old.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »

Well, he had a Twitter post just last week looking to fight big bad mean people on the internet.  Made him seem 13 years old.

Um, yup. I'd say the worst you can say is that he's an idealist, based on that tweet/fb post.  And, for what it's worth, I largely agree with his POV.  The net can be, especially for public figures, a big internet scum bucket with a bunch of morons who wouldn't say a lot of the shit they do face to face. And I don't see DJ looking to fight them...I see him commenting on the fact that, were those folks to spout off to EVERYONE the way they do on the net..they'd likely get their teeth handed to them in "the real world".  I think that's a pretty common sentiment (and one I've seen echoed in various places).  So...um...not sure how that's relevant.

I get that it might offend certain fans, with certain types of points of view, who might not like it. Just like some previous Axl posts offended those folks. But, by and large, I don't think those threads ("I feel targeted by DJ") are all that relevant to the band.  They're relevant to YOU (edit: Meaning, the global "YOU" who feel targeted, not any specific "YOU")....

SO, that being said...I'm not sure that's worthy of an "anti-DJ" thread.  It doesn't paint him as unprofessional. It doesn't reflect poorly on his placement in the band. It paints him as a guy who doesn't like the constant bullshit, complaining, and, yes, whining directed his way. 

And..that pretty much makes my point for me.  There is a STUNNING difference between a FB diatribe against internet trolls, and your feelings toward them...and Ron's recent statements.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:58:22 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: