Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 12:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52119 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2015, 08:15:51 AM »

A lot of interest in me!

Yeah, funny coincidence don't you think? Ten years gone and there you are again! Just in time to complain when things quieted down!

When did you say I joined? 2004? Active year.

Well, just a reflection on how you didn't post during any of those years when the band was doing exciting things.
Maybe there's a personal reason for this, or not. But it's ironic that you just pop out when GN'R is on a hiatus.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2015, 09:20:55 AM »

It depends.  I registered here many moons ago, but didn't start posting until 2013.

Reasons were twofold.  One, I had sort of believed all the horrible things I heard about this place.  And to while I have not found anywhere near the level of censorship I was led to believe goes on here, the fact is that when I did sign up here, I think 4 of my first 5 posts were deleted outright.  So I bounced. 

Reason I eventually wandered over here, censorship or no, was that the two other GNR forums I was at basically totally gave up discussing the current situation in any serious way.  Not that I don't have some laughs at those other places, but they look at you a little askew when you try to ask a serious question or start a new topic.  Because they operate under the mindset this is all a joke anymore and discussing it in real world terms is a waste of time.

I don't know what mortismurphy's deal was, exactly.  But I'm not sure we need to go all in on the sleeper agent theory.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2015, 09:43:38 AM »

This Bacon chap makes no sense and is not a poster I've seen until recently. I know grammar is something we don't mention...but really!

Bacon likes to have a cocktail or two...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »

This Bacon chap makes no sense and is not a poster I've seen until recently. I know grammar is something we don't mention...but really!

Bacon likes to have a cocktail or two...

His posts are structured like a ransom note and the content is the equivalent of a late night drunk dial.

At least lately.  Not sure what's going on there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2015, 11:08:22 AM »

Interesting that he's on another site so much that he's comparing the grammatical tendencies of posters to people here.  If overuse of commas is all the "evidence" you got, I'd say it's pretty flimsy.  And why call a person out in the first place?  Trying to boost your online image?  Where have I heard that before?

It just gets weird.

Because when you finally say it, you've already been thinking it for a bit.  So you are pretty sure, at least, in your own mind.

The other person is obviously going to deny it.

Where does it go from there?  Do you double down as the accuser, making you look a little too committed?  Try and joke it away?

Next thing you know, its 3 pages later.  And everyone is uncomfortable.

Yeah, it's really weird.  I guess one way to handle it is to not address it and hope the storm passes.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »

Is it really that big of a deal to say I thought he was someone else? Their attitudes seem pretty much in alignment. I noticed they had a similar writing style a while back, it's more than just the commas. It's not like I'm confusing Mr T for Hulk Hogan here, if those two aren't the same guy then they should be friends. But yeah, you guys are right that a claim like that can't really go anywhere. Even if it was him, there would be no way to prove it. I wasn't planning on pushing the issue, I just figured if the two were the same guy and the dude had some balls he might come out and admit it, and that would have been interesting.

I read every GNR forum from time to time because quite frankly, I am an obsessed fan. It was something I wondered about right away... "Is this guy and Mortis Murphy the same guy?" a long time ago.

Anyway I guess the claim doesn't go anywhere from there. If he was the guy then it would be more obvious where he is coming from. But why he would admit that, I have no clue and that's the part I didn't think through. But I like all the "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THAT". Oh no, my internet reputation is ruined forever. If you two truly aren't the same guy, then my apologies, btw.

I don't do anything for my online reputation's sake. I am just tired of you guys (in particular DX and Mortis Murphy, but Ginger is annoying too). I would be able to take you a lot more seriously if you weren't on here 24/7 pushing the same old shit over and over. Give it a fucking rest, Jesus Christ. I'm not the only one with this opinion. But you know, that's just my two cents. I'm sure I have my online etiquette downfalls as well. I can hear it now, "click click click fuck you redneck rudy". Happy posting to you.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2015, 01:59:23 PM »

I don't have any beef with you, rudy.  Never got the vibe any of those other fellas do either.

Just as an aside, isn't it a bit quizzical that the people around here who get the absolute worst shit said both about them and to them directly never seem to respond in kind or get angry with anybody?

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »

Are you kidding me? I am no angel, but don't go pretending you are. It's not that I have a beef with you. It's just that I have to deal with you all the time, no matter how you look at it. How am I going to ignore your posts when half of the thread consists of your posts?

It's like living in a house where your roommate never leaves. There are signs of him everywhere. Even when you go to your room, he is playing loud music. You just can't escape the guy. It's overwhelming sometimes. But then what am I doing telling you that? It's not really my place. If Jarmo allows it, then I guess that's just the way it is. We are both living in his house after all. He is a nice guy, I have that to say about him. And patient.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 25, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »

Are you kidding me? I am no angel, but don't go pretending you are. It's not that I have a beef with you. It's just that I have to deal with you all the time, no matter how you look at it. How am I going to ignore your posts when half of the thread consists of your posts?

There are any number of posters here that have never even addressed me.  Nor I, them.

And the reason for that is pretty cut and dried.  Neither of us has any real interest in what the other person is saying.  Makes sense, right?

But then we have your situation.  Not only are you not interested, which is simple enough.  But in addition to not having interest, you don't agree with what I'm saying, what I'm saying makes you visibly angry, and you don't like or respect me in any way.  I would peg myself (or anyone else you have labeled a troublemaker, dissident, all around piece of shit, etc.) as just about the last people in the world you would pay attention to, no?

Your post reminds me of the guy that calls the talk radio station and complains about the topic being discussed.  Is that a great use of your phone call?  Or might you be better served introducing a new topic or pushing things in what you deem a more interesting direction?

Just some thoughts.

mortismurphy
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »

A lot of interest in me!

Yeah, funny coincidence don't you think? Ten years gone and there you are again! Just in time to complain when things quieted down!

When did you say I joined? 2004? Active year.

Well, just a reflection on how you didn't post during any of those years when the band was doing exciting things.
Maybe there's a personal reason for this, or not. But it's ironic that you just pop out when GN'R is on a hiatus.

/jarmo

Jarmo I was working abroad off-and-on for four years of that and only had access to the internet sporadically. I used to check HTGTH for updates but was too busy to post.

Also when did I join? 2003? 2004? That was a hiatus. Probably many people have joined gnr forums when the band has been on hiatus. GNR have had a lot of hiatuses.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:44:37 PM by mortismurphy » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

It's like living in a house where your roommate never leaves. There are signs of him everywhere. Even when you go to your room, he is playing loud music. You just can't escape the guy. It's overwhelming sometimes. But then what am I doing telling you that? It's not really my place. If Jarmo allows it, then I guess that's just the way it is. We are both living in his house after all. He is a nice guy, I have that to say about him. And patient.

Why do you have to deal with any of us?  It?s quite simple to just ignore our posts, unlike your smelly roommate blaring Nickleback.  And, for the record, I don?t have any issue with you at all.  I think you?re a bit effusive in your praise for CD and the current state of Guns n Roses?but whatever.  We all can?t agree on everything. 

I do find it interesting that your solution for people who annoy you is for them to stop posting.  Do you want this place to just be full of Happy Chris Day, like-minded people who think every year is the greatest the band?s ever had, and that it?s obviously only going to get better?  Would be kind of boring, IMO.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2015, 02:42:50 PM »

Jarmo I was working abroad off-and-on for four years of that and only had access to the internet sporadically. I used to check HTGTH for updates but was too busy to post.

Also when did I join? 2003? 2004? That was a hiatus. Probably many people have joined gnr forums when the band has been on hiatus.

Fair enough. Just ironic that you kinda "missed out" on that decade.

Why do you have to deal with any of us?  It’s quite simple to just ignore our posts,

Sometimes it seems like that's what some want. They want to be able to spread their negative digital diarrhea without any consequences whatsoever. "Don't like it? ignore it!" is the solution. Guess what, it's not. Ignoring it won't make the crap go away and after a while the whole place will stink!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:45:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

Sometimes it seems like that's what some want. They want to be able to spread their negative digital diarrhea without any consequences whatsoever. "Don't like it? ignore it!" is the solution. Guess what, it's not. Ignoring it won't make the crap go away and after a while the whole place will stink!

Now you, I sort of understand.  At least, to a point.

As a shaper of the band message and general caretaker of the site's direction, I can see why you would have motivation to engage people you don't like.  That's the job, as you see it.

Of course, with you, what I don't get is why such people are the ONLY ones you seem to talk to.  I can get why you think its your duty to "correct the record", but I'm a bit confused why its not mixed in with conversations with other people from whom never is heard a discouraging word.

mortismurphy
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »

Also when did I join? 2003? 2004? That was a hiatus. Probably many people have joined gnr forums when the band has been on hiatus.

/jarmo

I did not miss out on it though. I was active on gnronline until it was pulled. This was around the time Oh My God came out? 99ish? Then there was another place a few people went but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was ran by an Argentinean guy I think. I did not post much there. I remember the Rio 3 leaks and 2002 tour. Then 2004ish I was working abroad a lot. You have to remember though that I saw the band four times and bought cd on the day of release during this period. It is not like I suddenly ditched the band because they were producing the goods.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »

I don't post just "I agree". Waste of time. Unless I got something to add, I'll rather not post than just add "I agree".
Disagreeing on the other hand, there's often a reason to why, which is what I post.

You have to remember though that I saw the band four times and bought cd on the day of release during this period. It is not like I suddenly ditched the band because they were producing the goods.

What I meant was that you missed the online discussions during that era.
Who knows, maybe things would've been more to your liking back then. On the other hand, since you came back, it's been one long whine fest.... Unfortunate.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 02:53:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2015, 02:56:55 PM »

I don't post just "I agree". Waste of time. Unless I got something to add, I'll rather not post than just add "I agree".
Disagreeing on the other hand, there's often a reason to why, which is what I post.

Ah.  That makes sense, I suppose.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:02 PM »

Why do you have to deal with any of us?  It?s quite simple to just ignore our posts,

/jarmo

Bingo! I agree with something else Jarmo said a while back about how he can't see why any fan would stand for this kind of shit. I'm not going to drag this out, I don't have time for the whole forum warrior thing, but Jarmo summed it up real well. This place gets stinky quick. I wish my roommate would stop eating so many damn chili dogs and shitting himself on the couch. I don't dislike any of you guys, I'm sure if we met at a concert or in person we'd have a blast, but come on already. Shits getting old. There has to be something better to do with your time.

peace

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »

Why do you have to deal with any of us?  It?s quite simple to just ignore our posts,

/jarmo

Bingo! I agree with something else Jarmo said a while back about how he can't see why any fan would stand for this kind of shit. I'm not going to drag this out, I don't have time for the whole forum warrior thing, but Jarmo summed it up real well. This place gets stinky quick. I wish my roommate would stop eating so many damn chili dogs and shitting himself on the couch. I don't dislike any of you guys, I'm sure if we met at a concert or in person we'd have a blast, but come on already. Shits getting old. There has to be something better to do with your time.

peace

I agree with the poster above. I don't post much anymore, but i visit this forum at least once a day to see if there is any news or interesting discussions. Every time there is an interesting topic the thread is usually filled up with shit.. same old boring criticism of this or that.

I can totally understand that some fans want music from GNR. I am also a Tool fan, so.. my two favorite bands don't release music very often. Its kinda interesting how Tool get this quality stamp by taking their time in writing and recording new stuff, wile GNR fans freak out and act like everything  the band/Axl/Management does is wrong.

I don't argue that i understand everything that happens in the GNR world. I know things can be a bit weird sometimes. But i guess thats just how thing works. But to read about how people think things should be does not interest me at all. I don't care what people think about Team Brazil, how many times DJ has used the same quote and overanalyzing twitter messages. I care about the music we have, i like reading good interviews and have discussions about music, shows and other music related stuff. When we get information and news about things thats awesome. So please stick to the subject in the topic. Drop all the nonsense criticism and drama! Its just not interesting reading.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »

I care about the music we have, i like reading good interviews and have discussions about music, shows and other music related stuff. When we get information and news about things thats awesome. So please stick to the subject in the topic. Drop all the nonsense criticism and drama! Its just not interesting reading.

This sounds noble, in theory.

But how can you deny that if we only talked about new things that happen, there would be days, weeks, months...and yes, sometimes actual entire years, where there would be no posts here.

I get what you are saying, really I do.  But I think your purity test on posting leads to a ghost town for stretches of time, sometimes, long ones.

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 just by talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:31:12 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2015, 06:32:24 PM »

I care about the music we have, i like reading good interviews and have discussions about music, shows and other music related stuff. When we get information and news about things thats awesome. So please stick to the subject in the topic. Drop all the nonsense criticism and drama! Its just not interesting reading.

This sounds noble, in theory.

But how can you deny that if we only talked about new things that happen, there would be days, weeks, months...and yes, sometimes actual entire years, where there would be no posts here.

I get what you are saying, really I do.  But I think your purity test on posting leads to a ghost town for stretches of time, sometimes, long ones.

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 by all talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 

I think the point is they're ok with that as long as it means no objective negative posts.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: