Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New DJ Interview "It looks like we're going to be doing a lot more touring"  (Read 52117 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:20 PM »

I care about the music we have, i like reading good interviews and have discussions about music, shows and other music related stuff. When we get information and news about things thats awesome. So please stick to the subject in the topic. Drop all the nonsense criticism and drama! Its just not interesting reading.

This sounds noble, in theory.

But how can you deny that if we only talked about new things that happen, there would be days, weeks, months...and yes, sometimes actual entire years, where there would be no posts here.

I get what you are saying, really I do.  But I think your purity test on posting leads to a ghost town for stretches of time, sometimes, long ones.

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 by all talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 

I think the point is they're ok with that as long as it means no objective negative posts.

To be clear. I don't have anything against people who are frustrated or have negative views on thing, it simply just don't interest me anymore. Im not against "objective" or "negative" posts. Its just how this place is flooded with the same old same old same old same old same old over and over again. Yeah! There are things i think is weird to. If i was Axl i would probably throw the fans a bone a bit more often, just to calm them down or give them something to discuss or wait for. Im all for objectivity so don't try to label me as I'm not Ginger King. But do we have to have the same criticism flooding every fucking thread in here? Can we have at least a couple of thread were people don't start attacking each other because of discussions and personal agendas made in under other topics?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:50:17 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2015, 07:00:39 PM »

Im with Nytunz in pretty much everything. Pretty much all thread , look at this one what are we doing, ?  We certainly aren't discussing the topic at hand. Much of the same old , same old, has a place its called dead horse, where you can go on and on and on over the same old , there are plenty of threads there that are actually about a lot of the stuff that gets brought up time and again in all these threads. And so beit if there are less posts, seems most times its just to hear yourselves typing that most  everyone else gets to read, or in my case and some others rather not read,as so much of it has been talked to death.Anyone remotely new who may come around, as there are young people out there that are just getting into GNR etc, and music in general are probably scared shit to say anything cause all they see is thread after thread of negative crap. Or at the very least thread after thread of complaints and moaning, sure way to turn off any person thinking about maybe joining in a discussion of a band they may want to know about.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2015, 07:14:16 PM »

I care about the music we have, i like reading good interviews and have discussions about music, shows and other music related stuff. When we get information and news about things thats awesome. So please stick to the subject in the topic. Drop all the nonsense criticism and drama! Its just not interesting reading.

But how can you deny that if we only talked about new things that happen, there would be days, weeks, months...and yes, sometimes actual entire years, where there would be no posts here.

I get what you are saying, really I do.  But I think your purity test on posting leads to a ghost town for stretches of time, sometimes, long ones.

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 just by talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 

So what?

Seriously...so what if the forum is silent?

I don't feel, or see, the need to create content simply to create it.

Sorry, the "if there wasnt negativity, there would be nothing" argument you've made before just rings hollow to me. It seems like a lame attempt at justification.

Just say "cause i feel like it".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 by all talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 

I think the point is they're ok with that as long as it means no objective negative posts.

One mans objective is another mans subjective, here.

Sorry, Ginger...its hard to label anything posted, from either side of any of these "arguments", as objective. I'm sure you think it is..but you have to know you are viewing it through your own bias.

I'm sure you see your side as "realistic"...but I think its fair to say, in lots of cases, there are different interpretations of "realistic".

Together again,
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »

I go to Big Blue View for NY Giants news after reading the message board here. The admin of that board gets Giants news and he has an in with the Giants front office and coach. Does he he allow negative posts on his websites? Yep, he does. The message board this past season was brutal. You think what gets posted here is bad and negative. Check out some of the posts from this season when the Giants were terrible and you'll see what I'm talking about. What DX, Ginger King, Jaeball  and Mortis says here is nothing compared to the negativity of what when on there.

Opposing viewpoints are fine.  Not everything in life is going to be hunky dory. You actually need an opposing viewpoint to improve upon yourself and work at things.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:28:57 PM by draguns » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »

I go to Big Blue View for NY Giants news after reading the message board here. The admin of that board gets Giants news and he has an in with the Giants front office and coach. Does he he allow negative posts on his websites? Yep, he does. The message board this past season was brutal. You think what gets posted here is bad and negative. Check out some of the posts from this season when the Giants were terrible and you'll see what I'm talking about. What DX, Ginger King, Jaebal  and Mortis says here is nothing compared to the negativity of what when on there.

Opposing viewpoints are fine.  Not everything in life is going to be hunky dory. You actually need an opposing viewpoint to improve upon yourself and work at things.  

They were soooooo terrible this year. Glimmers of hope that maybe, finally, they were "getting" the new offense at the end of tHe year....but they need help, and fast.

And.....i don't mind opposing viewpoints. They do make things interesting. BUT, rehashing the same things over and over, and reading the exact same reasoning/points/stories over and over....it does get boring. The umpteenth time we rehash "the name game", amongst pretty mch the same posters, saying the same things.....blech!

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »

You're once again using the age old excuse, that objectivity is labeled as negativity.

The truth is, these so called objective fans, are as biased as anybody else. Just because you label the whining (yes, I used the W word there, don't get offended) as objective, or as an honest opinion, doesn't mean it's not negative. It doesn't mean it's not based on a negative view point of a person with an agenda.

It just seems like some of these people are truly too concerned with how they are viewed by strangers on the Internet. Gotta stay "objective"! What for? They're posting on fucking fan sites!
Are they trying to win the Pulitzer prize?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »

I go to Big Blue View for NY Giants news after reading the message board here. The admin of that board gets Giants news and he has an in with the Giants front office and coach. Does he he allow negative posts on his websites? Yep, he does. The message board this past season was brutal. You think what gets posted here is bad and negative. Check out some of the posts from this season when the Giants were terrible and you'll see what I'm talking about. What DX, Ginger King, Jaebal  and Mortis says here is nothing compared to the negativity of what when on there.

They were soooooo terrible this year. Glimmers of hope that maybe, finally, they were "getting" the new offense at the end of tHe year....but they need help, and fast.

And.....i don't mind opposing viewpoints. They do make things interesting. BUT, rehashing the same things over and over, and reading the exact same reasoning/points/stories over and over....it does get boring. The umpteenth time we rehash "the name game", amongst pretty mch the same posters, saying the same things.....blech!

Hey hey hey I might voice my displeasure with something business related with the band once in a while... But I like the current band ! So don't lump me in with Mortis ! Ha

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »

Hey hey hey I might voice my displeasure with something business related with the band once in a while... But I like the current band ! So don't lump me in with Mortis ! Ha

Lol. I hear ya. I like the current band as well. It is the business side that I'm not thrilled with along with maybe one or two songs like Scraped and Rhiad.. Pilferk, Giants will be fine next season. Spags is back coaching the D. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:42 PM »

So what?

Kind of defeats the point of a message board forum, no?

I'm seriously asking.  What is the point of a forum where a whole day goes with no posts?

Who benefits?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »

Giants will be fine next season. Spags is back coaching the D. 

Hey, I'm a Rams fan.  Spags can eat a dick. 

Not just a bad head coach, even the D wasn't anything to write home about.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »

Can you get through an entire year like 2005 just by talking about how much we like all 'Rocket Queen'?  Jarmo himself just said today he doesn't find "I agree" posting all that constructive. 

So when nothing is new....you continuesly bitch about the same things?  I have an idea...if it's slow in the GNR world, do something else! 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2015, 12:33:59 AM »

The truth is, these so called objective fans, are as biased as anybody else. Just because you label the whining (yes, I used the W word there, don't get offended) as objective, or as an honest opinion, doesn't mean it's not negative. It doesn't mean it's not based on a negative view point of a person with an agenda.

Sort of legit here.  I do see what you are going for.

But I think you go a little far with it.  If you accept the premise that simply not being Johnny Sunshine all the time means you live to be negative, then it works.

But as I said, that's a bit far to take it.  Maybe some people just aren't Johnny Sunshine.  No ulterior motive.

It just seems like some of these people are truly too concerned with how they are viewed by strangers on the Internet. Gotta stay "objective"! What for? They're posting on fucking fan sites!

This point, however, doesn't make much sense.

Even if I were to accept your premise everyone you disagree with is simply looking to score sort of cool points (and for the record, I very much do not accept that premise) your logic is flawed.

In terms of appearances or cool points with GNR fandom as a whole, none of we supposed dissidents are gaining any stature with the peeps by even posting here.  To most, we are out of our minds.  I don't happen to share that view, obviously, but that's the general consensus.  They think we've checked our brains at the door even coming here.  I can assure you the others aren't scoring what is said or not said by any of us while we are here.

Even if you want to keep it just to this site, who exactly are we impressing?  In the past 2 pages alone, 3 people have told me to go fuck myself.  If I'm impressing these people, they sure are playing it close to the vest.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2015, 06:35:44 AM »

So what?

Kind of defeats the point of a message board forum, no?

Nope.  I don't think volume or activity defines a things purpose or intent.

It might define it's perceived level of success...but that's jarmo's worry, not yours or mine, as it's his "endeavor". It did just fine before you (or I) started posting.  I expect it will be doing quite well (by jarmo's definition) until jarmo decides he's tired of running it, and switches off the lights.

I'm seriously asking.  What is the point of a forum where a whole day goes with no posts?

Again, I don't see the point of creating noise, just for the sake of noise.  The point would be to have relevant, interesting, discussion and not just "noise" for the sake of it.

Quality over quantity.

I belong to a number of forums that can go silent for days (sometimes weeks) at a time...that have activity levels that ebb and wane based on the time of year, or with material release, or just with community "distractedness".  But, when stuff goes down, that's where I visit (as does a sizable contingent of other folks) to discuss that topic. 

They are still what they are, what they were intended to be, and what they'll likely always be.

Who benefits?

Ummm...why does someone have to benefit?  And that's not just to the point above but...I'm under no illusion that anyone "benefits" from reading the words I type on the screen, either way.

With that, I throw back to you: Why do you care?  I mean, you're not jarmo's biggest fan, you've let it be known that you're not a big fan of the "tone" of much of the discussion that goes on here, and you generally don't seem to agree with the prevailing POV's that are posted here.  So, that being said...why do you care if the place is successful or not?  If the complete lack of material ultimately ended with the "death" of HTGTH (unlikely, IMHO), I'm not sure why you'd care?  I mean..wouldn't that validate your point of view on the  place? A bit of "natural selection"?

Nah..you're not setting out to be anyone's "savior".  You're not trying to keep the lights on, so to speak. There is no altruistic ulterior motive.  That's all disingenious smokescreens (and thin ones, at that) and poppycock.

You post cause you feel like it. 

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:39:52 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2015, 06:48:41 AM »

This point, however, doesn't make much sense.

Even if I were to accept your premise everyone you disagree with is simply looking to score sort of cool points (and for the record, I very much do not accept that premise) your logic is flawed.

In terms of appearances or cool points with GNR fandom as a whole, none of we supposed dissidents are gaining any stature with the peeps by even posting here.  To most, we are out of our minds.  I don't happen to share that view, obviously, but that's the general consensus.  They think we've checked our brains at the door even coming here.  I can assure you the others aren't scoring what is said or not said by any of us while we are here.

Even if you want to keep it just to this site, who exactly are we impressing?  In the past 2 pages alone, 3 people have told me to go fuck myself.  If I'm impressing these people, they sure are playing it close to the vest.

You might want to read the point again.  I know you're linking previous "stuff" to this point..but I'm not sure you can.  You're essentially disagreeing with a point that's not being made in the text you're quoting.  The "strangers on the internet" he's talking about are the ones reading THIS forum.

All he's really saying is that:

a) Objectivity is pretty much absent

b) There's no reason to try to appear "objective".  There's no benefit to BEING objective.  There's no expectation that you are trying to be, or that you are, objective.  Not in this forum/medium (a fan forum).  You are not engaging in a journo/editorial medium, where there is some expectation (and reward...thus the Pulitzer mention) of objectivity.

Together again,
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2015, 06:54:02 AM »

If the need to discuss right or wrong things done by Axl, Management, fans etc. is so important. Maybe there should be a topic called bitching! Maybe that would prevent other treads from ending up as garbage bins with uninteresting discussions.

Like i said earlier. A little bit of discussion concerning the how things are done in GNR/Management or fan views is ok by me, as long as its not ruining the subject of the threads, and end up "off topic" all the time.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »

If you accept the premise that simply not being Johnny Sunshine all the time means you live to be negative, then it works.

But as I said, that's a bit far to take it.  Maybe some people just aren't Johnny Sunshine.  No ulterior motive.

You're making a generalization. I only pointed out that people try to act objective. When in reality they're not. On fan sites of all places. The last place anybody would go to look for objective views on the band.

It's used as an excuse to post negative views. Just because somebody finds faults in every situation doesn't make that an objective look on those situations. It might just as well mean they were just looking for faults to begin with and focused on that.

Sometimes it seems like everything has to be followed by a BUT. "I enjoyed the show, it was amazing, BUT...." Just to not appear too much like a fan. All in the name of "objectivity".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:02:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #257 on: February 26, 2015, 08:52:59 AM »

I go to Big Blue View for NY Giants news after reading the message board here. The admin of that board gets Giants news and he has an in with the Giants front office and coach. Does he he allow negative posts on his websites? Yep, he does. The message board this past season was brutal. You think what gets posted here is bad and negative. Check out some of the posts from this season when the Giants were terrible and you'll see what I'm talking about. What DX, Ginger King, Jaeball  and Mortis says here is nothing compared to the negativity of what when on there.

Agree.  I also go to Big Blue View for G-Men news (sidenote: who do you want them to pick at #9?) and that's why I am somewhat surprised that my comments (and some others here) are viewed as negative.  It seems that if you disagree with anything Jarmo says, if you veer off the message at all, you're negative (and whining, entitled, etc., etc.).  The world is not just "Jarmo and friends" and "negative motherfuckers".  There are clearly degrees to which people view certain things (for example, I have no problem with a Vegas residency, strippers, and flying pianos) yet we all get lumped in the same bucket regardless.

It's not that black and white.  But it seems that some people here can't take any sort of opinion that doesn't end with the band is right and wins again. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »

With that, I throw back to you: Why do you care?  I mean, you're not jarmo's biggest fan, you've let it be known that you're not a big fan of the "tone" of much of the discussion that goes on here, and you generally don't seem to agree with the prevailing POV's that are posted here.  So, that being said...why do you care if the place is successful or not?  If the complete lack of material ultimately ended with the "death" of HTGTH (unlikely, IMHO), I'm not sure why you'd care?  I mean..wouldn't that validate your point of view on the  place? A bit of "natural selection"?

Nah, the fanbase would not be better served if this place closed.

As for why I care, its not that I care about this site, per se.  When I was asking you what the hell the is the point of a forum where you'd be cool with no new posts for days at a time, it was more of a general statement.  Its just a concept that makes no sense to me.

It's like throwing a party and saying you don't care if anyone shows up.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »

You're making a generalization. I only pointed out that people try to act objective. When in reality they're not. On fan sites of all places. The last place anybody would go to look for objective views on the band.

It's used as an excuse to post negative views. Just because somebody finds faults in every situation doesn't make that an objective look on those situations. It might just as well mean they were just looking for faults to begin with and focused on that.

Sounds like you are making a generalization as well.

Best example I can think of would be clips of concerts.  Axl either sounds good or he doesn't.  There have been clips posted here where I've said he sounds great, and ones where I've said he sounds awful.  That opinion is based on how the man sounds.  What control do I have over that?  He either sounds good or he doesn't.  Just as I would hardly expect someone to say he sounded awful when he sounded good, I wouldn't expect someone to say he sounded great when he sounded awful.

But if your feeling is that if he sounds great, you say so, but if he sounds bad, you say nothing...that's where we come to a fork in the road.  He sounds how he sounds.  I just don't see the point in joining in a mass delusion that doesn't paint an accurate picture of the situation.  Who, exactly, am I fooling with that?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: