Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would you rather hear: CD II, or new album by new lineup?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you rather hear: CD II, or new album by new lineup?  (Read 15558 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »

don't know if it's been discussed already - but isn't it possible that duff & slash will do some overdubs n' lay down bass n' guitar tracks on already existing songs (bumblefood kinda did that on "chinese")? so - as the rumoured new lineup - the second half of cd would be old & new guns?

I would really doubt it.  But would be in favor of any sort of miracle that might get Axl off his ass and think about a release.

If this is that avenue, I say bring it on.

How do you know he is "on his ass" and not working on the next release?

Is this just another of your assumptions you try to pass off as truth?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2015, 11:52:24 PM »

don't know if it's been discussed already - but isn't it possible that duff & slash will do some overdubs n' lay down bass n' guitar tracks on already existing songs (bumblefood kinda did that on "chinese")? so - as the rumoured new lineup - the second half of cd would be old & new guns?

I would really doubt it.  But would be in favor of any sort of miracle that might get Axl off his ass and think about a release.

How do you know he is "on his ass" and not working on the next release?

Is this just another of your assumptions you try to pass off as truth?

Just a figure of speech.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2015, 01:29:08 AM »

So you are thinking a song written either buy Bucket, Robin or Paul would then even get the attention of any of the old guys??

I really hope this wouldn't happen...

I would like to hear those songs for what they are   And any future things, for what they are.

Now the question is....  If Axl has some kick ass lyrics down on some unreleased songs   would you want to hear them with the old guys
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2015, 07:15:20 AM »

So you are thinking a song written either buy Bucket, Robin or Paul would then even get the attention of any of the old guys??

I really hope this wouldn't happen...

I would like to hear those songs for what they are   And any future things, for what they are.

Now the question is....  If Axl has some kick ass lyrics down on some unreleased songs   would you want to hear them with the old guys

well, duff played on some of those cd songs live, so they did get his attention. :-) i don't know if the scenario is very realistic, but i doubt axl will release new cd-music (without slash & duff) under the gnr-name AND tour with slash & duff at the same time.

rearranging, rewriting and then completely rerecording the old "new" songs (from cd-times) with slash & duff could also be a (theoretical) possibility. but i'd bet (if i had to) that this won't happen after all the craziness and madness axl must have gone through during the cd-recordingsession(s). axl once called that whole process "a nightmare", if i remember correctly.

instead, overdubbing wouldn't cost that much time, energy, nerves etc;

yeah, sure - slash & duff would have to be REALLY enthusiastic about the material and songs ... at the same time it might seem a little disrespectful towards robin, bucket & co if axl had their parts rerecorded; though it wouldn't be the first time: think of brain who rerecorded josh's parts note by note ...

axl, slash, duff, richard, dizzy, frank (n' chris?), writing, recording and releasing a completely new album with new songs would take at least 1-2 years; so, also that scenario would not go together with the rumoured tour - it could (only) happen later on, i suppose.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:04:28 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:34 PM »

CD II and III please  yes

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2015, 08:51:29 PM »

Both with a trick, a double album (CD II + a new album) by the classic line up  Grin

Adler Insane

smoking

If I remember correctly Axl spent several hours talking to Adler in Vegas a few years ago. Heck! Most likely Axl has spent more hours with Adler than with Slash

hihi  smoking

Yes. Tour 2006

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2015, 12:07:28 AM »

Nothing is on the way recording wise, according to both Ron & Tommy. (Source, firsthand. If you want to take it up with them and I'm not encouraging anyone to do so because they have better things to do with their time, but if you do tell 'em Mike R. says hello). The fact is we've not been promised ANYTHING at this point. Not a tour, not a record, not a reunion.

But who needs that for proof? Fortus admits he has no idea what's going on, DJ left because nothing was happening and he was Axl's most vocal supporter in the band.

Anyone who thinks Axl is toiling away day and night on a finished album from 15 years ago has their head up their ass. Maybe we'll see him on a stage again soon. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Reunion? Who knows. Everything's on a need to know basis with Axl so I don't doubt anyone not involved would be kept in the dark. But it's a longshot.

Why we get fed things like '2-3 new songs played in 2014' or 'news in 2-4 months' I don't know. Maybe TB wants more out of Axl than he gives, same as most of us do. But the fact is he's paid his dues, done his shows and made his money. If he wants to chill out and enjoy his rewards for the rest of his life he will. I've looked at everything that came after CD as a bonus.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2015, 09:24:37 AM »

Nothing is on the way recording wise, according to both Ron & Tommy. (Source, firsthand. If you want to take it up with them and I'm not encouraging anyone to do so because they have better things to do with their time, but if you do tell 'em Mike R. says hello). The fact is we've not been promised ANYTHING at this point. Not a tour, not a record, not a reunion.

But who needs that for proof? Fortus admits he has no idea what's going on, DJ left because nothing was happening and he was Axl's most vocal supporter in the band.

Anyone who thinks Axl is toiling away day and night on a finished album from 15 years ago has their head up their ass. Maybe we'll see him on a stage again soon. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Reunion? Who knows. Everything's on a need to know basis with Axl so I don't doubt anyone not involved would be kept in the dark. But it's a longshot.

Why we get fed things like '2-3 new songs played in 2014' or 'news in 2-4 months' I don't know. Maybe TB wants more out of Axl than he gives, same as most of us do. But the fact is he's paid his dues, done his shows and made his money. If he wants to chill out and enjoy his rewards for the rest of his life he will. I've looked at everything that came after CD as a bonus.

Quoted For Truth...as the kids say.

Great post.  Bits in bold are my favorites.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:46 PM »

And Well...

Merry Xmas

Grin

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: