Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy's "demotion"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy's "demotion"  (Read 53873 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »

I don't know every poster's history.
But from what I've seen, that kind of behavior stems from both side of the fence. From axl lovers to axl critics.

No worries.
I was just explaining the hating part. It was a joke aimed at one particular poster who likes to assume shit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2015, 07:48:23 PM »

Wow! Really?! I'm shaking my head reading some of these posts. No one is discrediting Axl. I know for me that I have always gravitated towards Axl and Slash. In my adult years, it's been Duff as well. As much as I like Axl, he was NOT the sole member of GNR. The original lineup  and the UYI lineup were 5-6 guys making individual contributions that made the band and successful albums. Not one member was the sole reason for the success of Guns N' Roses. This is what made the band great! This is also why the solo efforts have not been as successful. The original Guns N' Roses was a sum of all its parts.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »

You are trying to devalue and discredit the main influence of the band , it is laughable.

I don't think he is trying to devalue or discredit Axl. However he is trying to say he was not the MAIN influence in the band the way you like to believe.

He was the main influence, you are undervaluing what he actually contributed, how he influenced the others and what he brought in.

That's a matter of opinion, and that is why some people, me included, disagree with you.
We are not putting Axl down because we give credit to the other guys.

No, it is not opinion -it is very apparent if you are actually aware of the details.

Whose lyrics made SCOM? Who brought in NR? Who brought in Estranged? There are too many items to mention, I suggest you do some research.

Too many items to mention?  Really? 

Well you don't have a problem posting here.  So that can't be it

Guns back catalog of songs isn't one that crammed full of material.  Prior to 1995 they released a few studio albums and roughly under 50 songs.  Give or take.  All have been great and I love almost all of them.  But there really isn't a lot of material. And nothing that should stop any one from talking about it

So just to clear this up for myself

You feel guns n roses music evolved from one album to the next.  Because Axl Rose has been a member since day one and even though no original member is still present in the band it doesn't matter because Axl rose is still there.  And according to the dictionary definition it is evolution   Not just a band sounding different because it has new members and there members boss finally has full day and control on in the band

Yawn..your direction is clear and boring.

The "original lineup" didn't release an album.

Axl was clearly a driving force, contributed not only lyrics but melodies and direction.

The dictionary definition is very clear what evolution consists of, too bad it doesn't support your invented parameters .

Evolution is
the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
"the forms of written languages undergo constant evolution"
synonyms:   development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding; transformation, adaptation, modification, revision

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:33 PM »

Wow! Really?! I'm shaking my head reading some of these posts. No one is discrediting Axl. I know for me that I have always gravitated towards Axl and Slash. In my adult years, it's been Duff as well. As much as I like Axl, he was NOT the sole member of GNR. The original lineup  and the UYI lineup were 5-6 guys making individual contributions that made the band and successful albums. Not one member was the sole reason for the success of Guns N' Roses. This is what made the band great! This is also why the solo efforts have not been as successful. The original Guns N' Roses was a sum of all its parts.

Where does it say he was the sole member? Straw man nonsense.

Steven didn't write a thing, he got courtesy writing credits.

I think Axl was the prime driving force in the band, he was a co-founder and wrote tracks with Izzy before GNR existed-he contributed both lyrics and melodies . The simple fact that he doesn't play guitar doesn't mean he didn't contribute ideas or direction for the guitars.

The fact that he was always somewhat perceived as the leader should make the rest fairly obvious.

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »

You are trying to devalue and discredit the main influence of the band , it is laughable.

I don't think he is trying to devalue or discredit Axl. However he is trying to say he was not the MAIN influence in the band the way you like to believe.

He was the main influence, you are undervaluing what he actually contributed, how he influenced the others and what he brought in.

That's a matter of opinion, and that is why some people, me included, disagree with you.

No, it is not opinion -it is very apparent if you are actually aware of the details.

Whose lyrics made SCOM? Who brought in NR? Who brought in Estranged? There are too many items to mention, I suggest you do some research.

Guns back catalog of songs isn't one that crammed full of material.  Prior to 1995 they released a few studio albums and roughly under 50 songs.  Give or take.  All have been great and I love almost all of them.  But there really isn't a lot of material. And nothing that should stop any one from talking about it

You feel guns n roses music evolved from one album to the next.  Because Axl Rose has been a member since day one and even though no original member is still present in the band it doesn't matter because Axl rose is still there.  And according to the dictionary definition it is evolution   Not just a band sounding different because it has new members and there members boss finally has full day and control on in the band

Axl was clearly a driving force, contributed not only lyrics but melodies and direction.

The dictionary definition is very clear what evolution consists of, too bad it doesn't support your invented parameters .

Evolution is
the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
synonyms:   development, advancement, growth, rise, progress, expansion, unfolding; transformation, adaptation, modification, revision

Did I miss something?

Where did someone say the original line up released an album?

Where did anyone say that Axl didn't contribute to things or wasn't a driving force??

Was he the only one to contribute?  No

Was he the only driving force?  No

Did he contribute to albums more than anyone else?  That is subject to argument and you said there is just way to many things to list, anyways.  I for one, feel that guns up until 1995 was a equal force   With every full time member contributing equally
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »

Whose Lyrics? Are you kidding me ? Are you reducing SCOM to Axl's lyrics? SCOM owes as much to Axl's lyrics as much as it does Slash's incredible solos.

Try and keep up so I don't have to type this twice.

SCOM was a guitar exercise that likely would have stayed that way if left to Slash.

Sorry for having a little bit more of a life than you  hihi
That's just assuming, if Axl wasnt there, who's to say anybody else, Izzy for example wouldn't have picked up the song and added to it to make it succesful, even if different ? parallel galaxy talk isnt very good conversation talk though.

So now you go to personal insults about "not having a life"
Not surprised, looks bad on you.

Fact is , it was a guitar exercise and would have stayed that way if left up to Slash.

Slash came up with the riff when he was playing around on his guitar. He thought it was silly and wanted nothing to do with it, but Axl loved it and had him keep playing it. Izzy Stradlin added some chords, and the song came together. According to Duff McKagan's 2012 autobiography, Slash always considered it the worst Guns N' Roses song.

That's not what I said, I said I had a bit more of a life than you. WHich means you have a life, but I have little bit more of ? Ok?  I think you calling me a nerd is more a straightforward insult than my lil dig at you though.

However that's no fact. You don't know whether that Riff would have stayed like that. As a matter of fact, the way Slash remembers it on his book, He started doing the ''excercise'' and then (I think it was izzy and duff) joined and Axl was upstairs or in another room listening to their playing and wrote the lyrics, and it wasnt until the next day or so that he brought in the lyrics to the rest of the guys. So technically it was not Axl who said.. hey keep playing? it was the other guys hanging around with Slash in that specific moment.
So there goes your theory that it was just an exercise, the exercise became something with the other guys and Axl picked up on that organic something !

It's still an implied personal insult but if you can't control your nerd rage, I guess it is to be expected Cheesy

Here's a quote from Slash

One afternoon, when the smoke was still clearing from the night before, Duff, Izzy and I were sitting around on the floor --- we didn?t have any furniture anymore --- and I was dicking around with that riff. In all honestly, I don?t really know where the riff came from but, all of a sudden, it started to sound really cool. Izzy started playing acoustic behind it and the chord changes started coming together. Axl was upstairs in his bedroom and he overheard it. A couple of days after we had put together our simple riff/chord structure, Axl said, ?Play that song you guys were playing the other day.? We were like, ?What song?? He goes, ?That one with that do do dodo do doo do do.? He had written a bunch of lyrics to it without us even knowing about it. It came together relatively quickly. We started rehearsing it and we wrote it from one end to the other that night [Classic Rock Revisited, September 2010]

I think you are the queen of implied personal insults in this forum. Nerd Rage? You see, you keep going.
Btw, that quoted text further proves my point. There was already something aside from the ''Exercise''. Axl said, ?Play that song "?. He didnt say do that exercise you were doing. He said play that song.

It was an Exercise Slash was playing. It may have continued to be an exercise if left up to Slash.

I think the 'Sweet Child O' Mine' influence pops up because it's a single-note style of mine, especially when I do this octave thing around a melody. I have to give Axl credit, because if he hadn't recognized it as being great, I wouldn't have used it, I thought it was a joke. It was just me doing a lick with chord changes underneath to gave it some movement. Then Axl came in and started singing it. I hated that song until after '88 or '89. We were touring with Aerosmith, and it was such a huge hit you couldn't ignore it [Velvet Revolver, Total Guitar #121 April 2004]

You keep calling it an exercise even when Axl called it a song.

Slash even admits it was an exercise even if you don't

Lead guitarist Slash has been quoted as having an initial disdain for the song due to its roots as simply a "string skipping" exercise and a joke at the time.

Slash said it started as an exercise , when Izzy and the others joined it became something else before Axl came in and called it a song.

Axl even admits it was a song even if you don't.  Wink

It was a string skipping exercise before it was a song.

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2015, 09:13:03 PM »

I think Axl was the prime driving force in the band, he was a co-founder and wrote tracks with Izzy before GNR existed-he contributed both lyrics and melodies . The simple fact that he doesn't play guitar doesn't mean he didn't contribute ideas or direction for the guitars.

The fact that he was always somewhat perceived as the leader should make the rest fairly obvious.

Was AFD written with a drum machine?

I feel Steven contributed just fine to the album.    Regardless though, he was fired and replaced with someone on salary

Some could argue that was phase one of the guns n roses business evolution.  

Next would be Izzy being asked to go on salary and then quitting.

The next would be when Axl quit and restricted the business and tried to get Slash and Duff to sign contracts.  Then they left...  

Evolution
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:13 PM »

Evolution is

Did I miss something?

Where did someone say the original line up released an album?

Where did anyone say that Axl didn't contribute to things or wasn't a driving force??

Was he the only one to contribute?  No

Was he the only driving force?  No

Did he contribute to albums more than anyone else?  That is subject to argument and you said there is just way to many things to list, anyways.  I for one, feel that guns up until 1995 was a equal force   With every full time member contributing equally

And you are wrong again.

Steven was a full time member, what did he contribute?

It wasn't as equal as you like to fantasize, it is clear that Axl and Izzy crafted a good number of songs, it is clear that Axl was a very vital member and contributed not only to the lyrics and melodies but to the direction of the band.

Without Axl the band would not have an Estranged, a November Rain..or a Sweet Child O' Mine. They likely wouldn't have hired Dizzy Reed. He was irreplaceable in determining the band's direction.

The dictionary definition of Evolution does not support your invented criteria.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »

I feel Steven contributed just fine to the album.    Regardless though, he was fired and replaced with someone on salary

The next would be when Axl quit and restricted the business and tried to get Slash and Duff to sign contracts.  Then they left...  

Evolution

Haha, good luck with your little crusade to prove Steven wrote anything. He contributed neither melodies nor lyrics. He received courtesy credits to prevent him from delaying the band.

It wasn't nearly as black and white as you imagine, there were a plethora of extenuating circumstances that led to the restructure of the band.

Here's some info on Adler.

AXL: The misconception is that we kicked him out for the hell of it, and that I was the dictator behind it. The truth is, I probably fought a little harder to keep him in the band, because I wasn't working with him on a daily basis like the other guys were. They grew tired of not being able to get their work done because Steven wasn't capable of it. I've read interviews where he's saying that he's straight. Most of the time he isn't. He's the type of person who wants everything handed to him, and he did get it handed to him. He got it handed to him from me. At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:25:30 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »

Whose Lyrics? Are you kidding me ? Are you reducing SCOM to Axl's lyrics? SCOM owes as much to Axl's lyrics as much as it does Slash's incredible solos.

SCOM was a guitar exercise that likely would have stayed that way if left to Slash.

That's just assuming, if Axl wasnt there, who's to say anybody else, Izzy for example wouldn't have picked up the song and added to it to make it succesful, even if different ? parallel galaxy talk isnt very good conversation talk though.

Fact is , it was a guitar exercise and would have stayed that way if left up to Slash.

Slash came up with the riff when he was playing around on his guitar. He thought it was silly and wanted nothing to do with it, but Axl loved it and had him keep playing it. Izzy Stradlin added some chords, and the song came together. According to Duff McKagan's 2012 autobiography, Slash always considered it the worst Guns N' Roses song.

That's not what I said, I said I had a bit more of a life than you. WHich means you have a life, but I have little bit more of ? Ok?  I think you calling me a nerd is more a straightforward insult than my lil dig at you though.

However that's no fact. You don't know whether that Riff would have stayed like that. As a matter of fact, the way Slash remembers it on his book, He started doing the ''excercise'' and then (I think it was izzy and duff) joined and Axl was upstairs or in another room listening to their playing and wrote the lyrics, and it wasnt until the next day or so that he brought in the lyrics to the rest of the guys. So technically it was not Axl who said.. hey keep playing? it was the other guys hanging around with Slash in that specific moment.
So there goes your theory that it was just an exercise, the exercise became something with the other guys and Axl picked up on that organic something !

It's still an implied personal insult but if you can't control your nerd rage, I guess it is to be expected Cheesy

One afternoon, when the smoke was still clearing from the night before, Duff, Izzy and I were sitting around on the floor --- we didn?t have any furniture anymore --- and I was dicking around with that riff. In all honestly, I don?t really know where the riff came from but, all of a sudden, it started to sound really cool. Izzy started playing acoustic behind it and the chord changes started coming together. Axl was upstairs in his bedroom and he overheard it. A couple of days after we had put together our simple riff/chord structure, Axl said, ?Play that song you guys were playing the other day.? We were like, ?What song?? He goes, ?That one with that do do dodo do doo do do.? He had written a bunch of lyrics to it without us even knowing about it. It came together relatively quickly. We started rehearsing it and we wrote it from one end to the other that night [Classic Rock Revisited, September 2010]

I think you are the queen of implied personal insults in this forum. Nerd Rage? You see, you keep going.
Btw, that quoted text further proves my point. There was already something aside from the ''Exercise''. Axl said, ?Play that song "?. He didnt say do that exercise you were doing. He said play that song.

It was an Exercise Slash was playing. It may have continued to be an exercise if left up to Slash.

I think the 'Sweet Child O' Mine' influence pops up because it's a single-note style of mine, especially when I do this octave thing around a melody. I have to give Axl credit, because if he hadn't recognized it as being great, I wouldn't have used it, I thought it was a joke. It was just me doing a lick with chord changes underneath to gave it some movement. Then Axl came in and started singing it. I hated that song until after '88 or '89. We were touring with Aerosmith, and it was such a huge hit you couldn't ignore it [Velvet Revolver, Total Guitar #121 April 2004]

Lead guitarist Slash has been quoted as having an initial disdain for the song due to its roots as simply a "string skipping" exercise and a joke at the time.

Slash said it started as an exercise , when Izzy and the others joined it became something else before Axl came in and called it a song.

AC/DC has made millions of the same type of riffs.  Thunderstruck comes to mind

I song without music is just a poem

I would argue that Slashs little circus riff at the begging of the song is what made it a hit.  
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2015, 09:27:39 PM »

I would argue that Slashs little circus riff at the begging of the song is what made it a hit.  

It is not a valid argument, It likely would have stayed an exercise if it had been up to Slash.

He was fortunate to be in contact with people that developed it.

It was always a joke to me until Axl came up with some words and made a song out of it. And because this was in the early days of Guns N' Roses - we were this fuckin' hard rock band - it was just a sappy ballad to us. I hated that song. I hated when it came up in the set. Sometimes I'd get too drunk and wouldn't be able to play it. I just never took it seriously until way later when the song became a hit, and all I'd have to do is go into the first notes of that song and everyone in the whole place would lose their fuckin' minds.

Now to see it being recognized as an influential rock lick...[Laughs in disbelief.] I'm a little bit overly flattered and humbled by it. I really don't know what else to say. I would never have predicted that in a million years. You don't sit down writing riffs so that they turn up later as being...I dunno...the shit, so to speak [Total Guitar Magazine, December 2004]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:30:30 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »

Evolution

Haha, good luck with your little crusade to prove Steven wrote anything. He contributed neither melodies nor lyrics. He received courtesy credits to prevent him from delaying the band.

It wasn't nearly as black and white as you imagine, there were a plethora of extenuating circumstances that led to the restructure of the band.

AXL: The misconception is that we kicked him out for the hell of it, and that I was the dictator behind it. The truth is, I probably fought a little harder to keep him in the band, because I wasn't working with him on a daily basis like the other guys were. They grew tired of not being able to get their work done because Steven wasn't capable of it. I've read interviews where he's saying that he's straight. Most of the time he isn't. He's the type of person who wants everything handed to him, and he did get it handed to him. He got it handed to him from me. At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what I felt I had to do. In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!

I wasn't the one to bring up Steven..

I am quit fine with any past or current member that was apart of guns n roses

I am happy Steven was on AFD, I love his drum work on it.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:08 PM »

Evolution

I wasn't the one to bring up Steven..

I am quit fine with any past or current member that was apart of guns n roses

I am happy Steven was on AFD, I love his drum work on it.

Here is your quote

"The original lineup  and the UYI lineup were 5-6 guys making individual contributions that made the band and successful albums. "

You omitted the Appetite lineup, that said I still think Axl was undeniably irreplaceable and contributed lyrics, melodies and was primary in influencing the bands evolution .

"Shut the fuck up."
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »

It is not a valid argument, It likely would have stayed an exercise if it had been up to Slash.

It was always a joke to me until Axl came up with some words and made a song out of it. And because this was in the early days of Guns N' Roses - we were this fuckin' hard rock band - it was just a sappy ballad to us. I hated that song. I hated when it came up in the set. Sometimes I'd get too drunk and wouldn't be able to play it. I just never took it seriously until way later when the song became a hit, and all I'd have to do is go into the first notes of that song and everyone in the whole place would lose their fuckin' minds.

Now to see it being recognized as an influential rock lick...[Laughs in disbelief.] I'm a little bit overly flattered and humbled by it. I really don't know what else to say. I would never have predicted that in a million years. You don't sit down writing riffs so that they turn up later as being...I dunno...the shit, so to speak [Total Guitar Magazine, December 2004]

Emily, would you be willing to admit you're just an Axl fan? Not so much a fan of "Guns N' Roses" (outside of Axl)? Because as you said yourself, "Slash was lucky to be in contact with people who developed it"...It's pretty clear from your words you have little love, or regard for Slash (or any other member besides Axl).

If Axl said tomorrow every current member of GN'R was fired, and decided the next Guns N' Roses record would be a hip-hop record, would you support that and say it's Guns N' Roses?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Emily, would you be willing to admit you're just an Axl fan? Not so much a fan of "Guns N' Roses" (outside of Axl)? Because as you said yourself, "Slash was lucky to be in contact with people who developed it"...It's pretty clear from your words you have little love, or regard for Slash (or anyr other member besides Axl).

If Axl said tomorrow every current member of GN'R was fired, and decided the next Guns N' Roses record would be a hip-hop record, would you support that and say it's Guns N' Roses?

I have seen every lineup except for the original multiple times.

You seem to have an agenda here, and like to paint people as "hating" one member or another simply because they choose to embrace facts and truth.

I am a GNR fan of all lineups and your little troll games will not fly here Miser.

It is a fact that Slash was fortunate to be in a group of musicians that developed his exercise into a full-fledged song and recognized the potential.

Your last question was ridiculous and does not deserve any sort of reply.

"Shut the fuck up."
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

Not according to Axl   Smiley

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »

Actually he makes a valid point.
I remember some viewed My World as Hip Hop.
Instead of "Industrial'', Axl may have very well chosen Hip Hop as a new direction. Maybe he viewed Nu-Metal before it even existed.
And I remember when GNR critics started calling them Nu-GNR, some people actually started saying Chinese Democracy would be Nu-metal.
Of course it wasnt. But It may have well been that way if Axl had wanted and had developed a taste for it.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
overmatik
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2015, 10:55:41 PM »

I have been around more in the main forum lately after years just posting on the VR and Ex-Gunners section, but I still can't get around the fact that every discussion that mentions a former member always gets lost in the same old meaningless discussions.  Roll Eyes I thought everybody had already made peace with the fact that GNR is Axl's gig and that everyone who wants to take part in it will have to do under his terms. yes

Damn, some of the things being discussed here are carbon copies of the discussions held around 2004-2008. Where do you guys get the energy? I for once have learned to just be glad for whatever it comes from these guys, especially after Duff toured with the band and played CD songs...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #278 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:21 PM »

Not according to Axl   Smiley

Read the actual history please. It was an exercise Slash was doing on his guitar, that isn't debatable.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »

Actually he makes a valid point.
I remember some viewed My World as Hip Hop.
Instead of "Industrial'', Axl may have very well chosen Hip Hop as a new direction. Maybe he viewed Nu-Metal before it even existed.
And I remember when GNR critics started calling them Nu-GNR, some people actually started saying Chinese Democracy would be Nu-metal.
Of course it wasnt. But It may have well been that way if Axl had wanted and had developed a taste for it.

No it wasn't a valid point, It did not happen and is not worth my time to fantasize about.

GNR is referred to as NUGnr by People who wish to detract from the band. It is Guns N' Roses whether some like it or whether they don't.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: