Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 53028 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2015, 03:13:20 AM »

Cause that homepage is as much of a joke as gnronline.com was

Ah, another whiny complainer.

If you don't  like it don't post there. Cheesy

Problem solved.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 03:16:37 AM »

who said i post there?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 05:49:35 AM »

I heard sex in the library at Sacramento State.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2015, 02:29:40 PM »

Until I hear Axl, Slash, Duff or Izzy (we know Steven's not in the know) squash this than it's not going away. Why are they not squashing it???.......

Maybe because they have better things to do than waste their lives squashing the ten millionth reunion rumor strictly for the benefit of fans who just can't let go of it?

The only people suffering from bullshit reunion rumors are the people believing in them.  Not the band members.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »

Until I hear Axl, Slash, Duff or Izzy (we know Steven's not in the know) squash this than it's not going away. Why are they not squashing it???.......

Maybe because they have better things to do than waste their lives squashing the ten millionth reunion rumor strictly for the benefit of fans who just can't let go of it?

The only people suffering from bullshit reunion rumors are the people believing in them.  Not the band members.

Like I said, just tweet "No reunion guys, all these rumors are false.". Easy. 7 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:39:04 PM by RnT » Logged

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2015, 06:53:49 PM »

why? that's free big publicity

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »

To publicize what exactly??
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »

It does keep the brand name "Guns N' Roses" out there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2015, 07:33:47 PM »

poor way to do this, don?t you think?

overmatik
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »

What also makes me wonder is the fact that Slash refuses to say anything about it, even if just to say there's nothing to it. So far he has kept his silence and won't even comment on it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »

Nothing is going on with the band, but still the media are writing about them day in and day out, keeping them relevant without them having to do anything. Not a poor way seen from marketing perspective. Many people weren't even born in the 80s and reading about them in the media now is one of the ways the fan base keeps on growing.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »

Nikki Sixx says "any publicity is good" but I don't exactly embrace that concept.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2015, 11:49:12 PM »

What also makes me wonder is the fact that Slash refuses to say anything about it, even if just to say there's nothing to it. So far he has kept his silence and won't even comment on it.

One has to assume him and Axl are up to something. The money would be crazy

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2015, 06:22:06 AM »

Nothing is going on with the band, but still the media are writing about them day in and day out, keeping them relevant without them having to do anything. Not a poor way seen from marketing perspective. Many people weren't even born in the 80s and reading about them in the media now is one of the ways the fan base keeps on growing.

It's about inches folks, inches....

Column inches and the media's need to fill 'em..... Truth doesn't necessary come in to it  Wink
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »

The band doesn't squash the rumors because the speculation helps keep the "Brand" out there. Even the tweets are vague. Don't think for a moment that that's not on purpose. It benefits the originals who stand to gain (any publicity which promotes their band and helps to sell albums). The members who are still (are they?) in the band want to keep their jobs, so they'll stay quiet.

That's why I don't get why moderators and other posters here piss on others who speculate on Band Activity (or lack of).
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »

But in what context, though?

Great news, everybody.  Axl Rose may have finally given up the ghost of touring with a bunch of nobodies and might be open to reuniting the line-up you know and love.

Isn't that the tenor of most things you read?  They all have the undercurrent of our long national nightmare being over.

I know some here take great offense to that, but you can't deny that's how it comes across.

Letting all this talk go unchecked, if there really is nothing to it, is going to make continuing with a new pack of randos that much harder.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »

But in what context, though?

Great news, everybody.  Axl Rose may have finally given up the ghost of touring with a bunch of nobodies and might be open to reuniting the line-up you know and love.

Isn't that the tenor of most things you read?  They all have the undercurrent of our long national nightmare being over.

I know some here take great offense to that, but you can't deny that's how it comes across.

Letting all this talk go unchecked, if there really is nothing to it, is going to make continuing with a new pack of randos that much harder.

Yeah, but as I posted above, maybe that what they want. Anything that keeps people speculating helps keep the brand out there. Benefits everyone. What I don't get is that if this is the case...why do certain people get pissed when fans speculate on a certain board?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »

I'm not sure I see the upside here.

Like it or not, if people are thinking reunion, word coming down that the next move is more touring with new random faces is going to seem like a distant second of a consolation prize.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »

Like it or not, if people are thinking reunion, word coming down that the next move is more touring with new random faces is going to seem like a distant second of a consolation prize.

I agree with this

I can see in the eyes of the general public.  If a north American tour was to be announced and after all this hype of a reunion  All we got was Axl and a couple more unknown musicians.   It would be a epic bomb
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »

Now there's a fucking surprise!

Kidding.

The media focusing on the hypothetical reunion could be better than them not writing about GN'R at all.
Yes, some who read it actually believe it's already a done deal and it'll happen whenever the article states it's gonna happen. The rest are in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

Anyway, I still think this thing has been cropping up constantly over the years and GN'R hasn't really said a whole lot about it then either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: