Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video of Duff's wife's friend mentioning reunion  (Read 53033 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »

Until I hear Axl, Slash, Duff or Izzy (we know Steven's not in the know) squash this than it's not going away. Why are they not squashing it???.......

Maybe because they have better things to do than waste their lives squashing the ten millionth reunion rumor strictly for the benefit of fans who just can't let go of it?

The only people suffering from bullshit reunion rumors are the people believing in them.  Not the band members.

Bridge... you are always so adamant that there is no chance it's happening. Care to elaborate? or are you just speculating the other side of the coin?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 01:02:14 PM »

I'm not sure I see the upside here.

Now there's a fucking surprise!

Kidding.

The media focusing on the hypothetical reunion could be better than them not writing about GN'R at all.
Yes, some who read it actually believe it's already a done deal and it'll happen whenever the article states it's gonna happen. The rest are in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

Anyway, I still think this thing has been cropping up constantly over the years and GN'R hasn't really said a whole lot about it then either.

/jarmo

Well for the time being, there truly is nothing to say about GNR other than a possible hypothetical reunion. There is no music on the horizon, and the two lead guitar players departed. So until we are given any info, the media has nothing else to say regarding GNR.

AND even though it always seems to upset a handful of people, music publications will always run with this reunion stuff due to the magnitude of GNR.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

I'm not sure I see the upside here.

Now there's a fucking surprise!

Kidding.

The media focusing on the hypothetical reunion could be better than them not writing about GN'R at all.
Yes, some who read it actually believe it's already a done deal and it'll happen whenever the article states it's gonna happen. The rest are in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.

Anyway, I still think this thing has been cropping up constantly over the years and GN'R hasn't really said a whole lot about it then either.

/jarmo

But do you agree that it's a little different than before?  There seems to be more legitimacy to the rumor (partly because of the comments of Slash and others).  Plus, in the past Axl has forcefully denied reunion rumors.  ?What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is.?  That was Axl in 2009.  We haven't heard anything like that this time around.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »

Axl loses this time around.

Like it or not, reasonable or not, that little Slash blurb changed the game in the eyes of the many.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »

But do you agree that it's a little different than before?  There seems to be more legitimacy to the rumor (partly because of the comments of Slash and others).

Yes, that part I agree with.

But, in 2011-2 it was pretty similar. All the signs were pointing to that magical reunion in Cleveland.
Until Axl said "nope".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »

But do you agree that it's a little different than before?  There seems to be more legitimacy to the rumor (partly because of the comments of Slash and others).  Plus, in the past Axl has forcefully denied reunion rumors.  ?What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is.?  That was Axl in 2009.  We haven't heard anything like that this time around.

I still think a good part of this is clinging to the reunion stuff because the alternative is really shitty.

Why are people leaving the band?  Because there is a reunion on the horizon. 

Why is there zero tangible progress on a new album?  Because there is a reunion on the horizon.

But what if there is no reunion on the horizon?  Then, people are going to be forced to confront that there is no real plan.  Most of us suspect that anyway, but this would drive it home to anyone being remotely realistic.

The reunion is the way to explain it all away.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2015, 01:14:05 PM »

I still think a good part of this is clinging to the reunion stuff because the alternative is really shitty.

Why are people leaving the band?  Because there is a reunion on the horizon. 

Why is there zero tangible progress on a new album?  Because there is a reunion on the horizon.

But what if there is no reunion on the horizon?  Then, people are going to be forced to confront that there is no real plan.  Most of us suspect that anyway, but this would drive it home to anyone being remotely realistic.

The reunion is the way to explain it all away.

Maybe people left because there was no progress on a new album.
Maybe there's a reunion because there's no progress on a new album.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »

Bridge... you are always so adamant that there is no chance it's happening. Care to elaborate? or are you just speculating the other side of the coin?

I am sticking to the facts as opposed to the speculation.  Every original GNR member has been saying for decades that there will not be a reunion.  Those statements have never been more strong (and often vitriolic) as they have been in recent years.  Slash has repeatedly said "no reunion".  Axl has called Slash a "cancer" and stated that there is "zero possibility" that he'll ever have anything to do with Slash.  Axl has said "not in this lifetime".

I've referred to these incidents time and time again, but nobody on this board listens.  They're too wrapped up in their newest shtick, "but...but...but....things can change!", despite that history has shown us that NOTHING has changed.  And let's not forget that ALL of this bullshit originated from ONE Slash comment that everybody took WAY out of context.... a comment that Slash himself is now avoiding like the plague.

If history has proven anything, it's that the anti-reunion statements from Axl and Slash are far stronger than the ridiculous theories contrived by people on this board who twist and stretch rationality any way they can to make all these alleged "hints" mean what they want them to mean.

Seriously, how many recent threads have appeared where people are desperately trying to make 2+2=5?  And arguing it until it actually seems reasonable in their own minds?

FACT: Axl has said repeatedly that he'll never reunite with Slash, never in this lifetime.  Axl clearly stated that he or Slash would die before that happened.

Until a RELIABLE source explicitly states otherwise, I'll take Axl's (very concrete) words over the hundreds of pages of "I'm so desperate for a reunion that I will believe anything" bullshit that keeps appearing on this board.

Like I said, just tweet "No reunion guys, all these rumors are false.". Easy. 7 seconds.

First of all, neither Axl nor Slash owes you that.

Secondly, like that would help!   Tongue  You'd still find a way to make those comments mean a reunion is on the horizon.

Axl and Slash could try to physically kill each other out of pure hatred and people would say it's a reunion ploy.  The gullible will believe anything, and rationalize it in every twisted way until it means what they want it to mean.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:05:29 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »

Everything Bridge just said is accurate, really.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »

I am sticking to the facts as opposed to the speculation.  Every original GNR member has been saying for decades that there will not be a reunion.  Those statements have never been more strong (and often vitriolic) as they have been in recent years.  Slash has repeatedly said "no reunion".  Axl has called Slash a "cancer" and stated that there is "zero possibility" that he'll ever have anything to do with Slash.  Axl has said "not in this lifetime".

I've referred to these incidents time and time again, but nobody on this board listens.  They're too wrapped up in their newest shtick, "but...but...but....things can change!", despite that history has shown us that NOTHING has changed.  And let's not forget that ALL of this bullshit originated from ONE Slash comment that everybody took WAY out of context.... a comment that Slash himself is now avoiding like the plague.

If history has proven anything, it's that the anti-reunion statements from Axl and Slash are far stronger than the ridiculous theories contrived by people on this board who twist and stretch rationality any way they can to make all these alleged "hints" mean what they want them to mean.

Seriously, how many recent threads have appeared where people are desperately trying to make 2+2=5?  And arguing it until it actually seems reasonable in their own minds?

FACT: Axl has said repeatedly that he'll never reunite with Slash, never in this lifetime.  Axl clearly stated that he or Slash would die before that happened.

Until a RELIABLE source explicitly states otherwise, I'll take Axl's (very concrete) words over the hundreds of pages of "I'm so desperate for a reunion that I will believe anything" bullshit that keeps appearing on this board.

Like I said, just tweet "No reunion guys, all these rumors are false.". Easy. 7 seconds.

First of all, neither Axl nor Slash owes you that.

Secondly, like that would help.  You'd still find a way to make those comments mean a reunion is on the hoziron.

Axl and Slash could try to physically kill each other out of pure hatred and people would say it's a reunion ploy.  The gullible will believe anything, and rationalize it in every twisted way until it means what they want it to mean.

Firstly... I don't think it will happen. But to say it 100 percent won't... you can't know that.

As for Slash, he has hinted over the years that it's not likely, but he has never said that he would not take part in a
reunion... ever. So I think you are wrong there.

Axl... yes he has been adamant over the years. However, Duff's return is a very big factor that very well could have changed his perspective. Not saying it has or will, but I think it could be a big factor for "things to change".

So again, I don't think it's likely, I just don't think that it's impossible like you obviously do.

DX... You're right... I'm terrified of the alternative.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »

I'm terrified of the alternative.

What are you terrified of exactly?

You think they would've stayed if Axl had announced a new album without their input on them?'

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:39:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »

DX... You're right... I'm terrified of the alternative.

It's no god damn good, that's for sure.

Suppose Axl re-emerges from Witness Protection in 2017 sometime.  Announces some dates on the far side of the world.  Who will be on stage with him?  Just have to wait and see.  Has all this time been used to finish up an album?  Well, nothing to report on that yet, but the "work" continues.

How is that any good?  What the hell have you been doing, guy?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »

How is that any good?  What the hell have you been doing, guy?

Taking a break!

Tongue

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »

As for Slash, he has hinted over the years that it's not likely, but he has never said that he would not take part in a

There will never come a time when we appear onstage again because the [Guns N Roses] name has been too fucking tainted.  Maybe we could've reunited for one gig if he hadn't used the name, but nobody is gonna go near it now.

-- Slash, 2002

Don't waste time arguing that it was a long time ago, because it still refutes your assertion that Slash never said never.

Firstly... I don't think it will happen. But to say it 100 percent won't... you can't know that.

No, I can't know that and didn't say I "knew" that.  I clearly stated that I require PROOF before I believe that -- which is what anybody has to have in order to KNOW.

Axl... yes he has been adamant over the years.

Yes, he has.  Which completely overrules and overpowers your theories here....

However, Duff's return is a very big factor that very well could have changed his perspective. Not saying it has or will, but I think it could be a big factor for "things to change".

Which is my point.  Your statements here are exactly what I am talking about.  You're taking something that doesn't at all signify a full-blown reunion, and you're tugging it in that direction because of what you want to believe it "could be".

Duff didn't "return".  He rejoined Axl for what was really a brief stay.  Axl always said Duff was welcome back, but that Slash wasn't.  Axl stated all of this as recently as 2012, when he declined to appear at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

In any case, your theories are a prime example of what I will continue to disregard until I hear news from a reliable source that a reunion will happen.  Like I said, I base my beliefs on the facts, this board bases theirs on conjecture and speculation.  And facts and speculation aren't equals, despite the best efforts of the reunion crowd to make the rumors mean as much.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:56:04 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »

No, I can't know that and didn't say I "knew" that.  I clearly stated that I require PROOF before I believe that -- which is what anybody has to have in order to KNOW.

However, Duff's return is a very big factor that very well could have changed his perspective. Not saying it has or will, but I think it could be a big factor for "things to change".

Which is my point.  Your statements here are exactly what I am talking about.  You're taking something that doesn't at all signify a full-blown reunion, and you're tugging it in that direction because of what you want to believe it "could be".

Duff didn't "return".  He rejoined Axl for what was really a brief stay.  Axl always said Duff was welcome back, but that Slash wasn't.  Axl stated all of this as recently as 2012, when he declined to appear at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

In any case, your theories are a prime example of what I will continue to disregard until I hear news from a reliable source that a reunion will happen.  Like I said, I base my beliefs on the facts, this board bases theirs on conjecture and speculation.  And facts and speculation aren't equals, despite the best efforts of the reunion crowd to make the rumors mean as much.

But Axl didn't always say Duff was welcomed back.  Listen to Axl's '02 concert rants...not really extending an olive branch to Duff (or Izzy for that matter). 

I think the point is that Axl has, in the past, forcefully denounced reunion rumors.  He did it in '09 and again during the HOF fame inductions.  This time...well, there's been nothing.  IMO, it's reasonable to think that maybe things have changed, and it's not off the wall for fans to think that.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »

But Axl didn't always say Duff was welcomed back.  Listen to Axl's '02 concert rants...not really extending an olive branch to Duff (or Izzy for that matter). 

Yeah, but Slash remained an outcast even when Axl said he'd play with Duff or Izzy. Axl has been completely consistent with his feelings on Slash.

I think the point is that Axl has, in the past, forcefully denounced reunion rumors.  He did it in '09 and again during the HOF fame inductions.  This time...well, there's been nothing.  IMO, it's reasonable to think that maybe things have changed, and it's not off the wall for fans to think that.

Once again, you're proving my point.  You're using a ridiculous theory on when and where Axl commented on a reunion and making it mean what you want it to mean.

What do you mean "this time?"  Reunion rumors have existed for 20 years.  Why would Axl care more about them more now than before?  Because you and your message board buds think he's paying that much attention to what you're saying on the internet?

More than likely, Axl is too sick of it to comment anymore.  It's an old hat to him; he's addressed the rumors very definitively, and people still can't accept what he has said many, many times.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:23:08 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »

But isn't that just blind hope?

And can't you just as easily argue the opposite?  Since he hasn't come out and reaffirmed his no, does that make it a yes?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »

There will never come a time when we appear onstage again because the [Guns N Roses] name has been too fucking tainted.  Maybe we could've reunited for one gig if he hadn't used the name, but nobody is gonna go near it now.

-- Slash, 2002

Don't waste time arguing that it was a long time ago, because it still refutes your assertion that Slash never said never.

I'm not arguing with you that you're wrong in ur overall thought process. You just seem to state it in a fashion where you have some more insight then the rest of us, that's why I asked.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2015, 02:30:23 PM »

I'm terrified of the alternative.

What are you terrified of exactly?

You think they would've stayed if Axl had announced a new album without their input on them?'

/jarmo

I would be very disappointed by a new lineup .. I have rolled with all of them over time, but I think enough is enough. If the touring band has a couple of new players with no connection to the music... That's not what I'm looking for/hoping for going forward.

Give me the real deal. I don't even need to it be the Appetite 5... Give me Buckethead and Robin ( I realize that may be an even bigger pipe dream) ... just not x y and z.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2015, 02:33:52 PM »

You just seem to state it in a fashion where you have some more insight then the rest of us, that's why I asked.

That's because I'm the kind who is always going to be skeptical and play devil's advocate rather than get sucked down into the rumor hole.  The "insight" that I have is to always look straight at the facts and not give any credence to unproven rumors.  If nobody else is doing that, then of course I'm going to seem different to you/them.

But isn't that just blind hope?

And can't you just as easily argue the opposite?  Since he hasn't come out and reaffirmed his no, does that make it a yes?

D-Gen, am I making a reunion skeptic out of you again, in spite of yourself?   hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: