Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 51170 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »

Exactly.

And it's possible it's only a bit funny to me. I get that. But I suspect the whole revolving door thing isn't an issue at the moment.... Which is fine. Smiley

/jarmo

Reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry complained about the doctor's 'order of arrival' policy.  When they changed it to 'order of appointment' and Larry still had to wait more than he wanted to, he demanded that it should just be a Larry-first policy.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »

Seems to be an attempt at relativism to make people recant some of the stuff they said over the past 10 years.  ANd would not be made by anyone that didn't think that was a truly important thing that had to happen.

It's not an attempt at anything. Just an observation from a fan.

It's not exactly serious either.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »

What is the problem here? I mean.. wow. 2003-2005ish was dark man. I remember some real negative clowns in here.

The issue with Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses in the past is simple... he did have way too many revolving guitarists. Finck, Buckethead, Ashba, Thal... all came and went in like 3-4 year periods or something. That is what makes it feel that way. Stinson has been solid, Reed and Pittman. Ferrer too since like 05ish. Fortus has been there for a long time too.

In reality, it has just beent he lead guitarists really. Now we have fixed that with Slash coming back in the fold.

Things haven't been this good since 1995 or so for Guns' fans.

The probably lineup is going to be this.

Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Ferrer/Reed/Pittman

Adler/Izzy on random dates and life is great. Ease up some of you.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

I believe someone just made this same point, but the revolving door routine only bothered me in so much as it always delayed the album release.

Each time someone new came onboard, Axl wanted to get them on the album in some capacity, so that meant more delays.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2016, 02:14:20 PM »

I believe someone just made this same point, but the revolving door routine only bothered me in so much as it always delayed the album release.

Each time someone new came onboard, Axl wanted to get them on the album in some capacity, so that meant more delays.

Thanks COma. Wasn't familiar with the expression 'revolving door'.

I think this situation is quite different. Slash and Duff are back. They're not some unknown guys who don't have any history with the band. They contributed their two cents. Maybe even three cents. In that regard the revolving door sure ain't no problem.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

I think this situation is quite different. Slash and Duff are back. They're not some unknown guys who don't have any history with the band. They contributed their two cents. Maybe even three cents. In that regard the revolving door sure ain't no problem.

Yeah, depends who is coming through the revolving door.

Buckethead bouncing to be replaced by Bumblefoot is not exactly on par with DJ Ashba bouncing to be replaced by Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »

One should say that neither Axl, Slash or Duff have spoken of a reunion. Two former members of the group come in again. That's all. So why be disappointed about what does not take place?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »

One should say that neither Axl, Slash or Duff have spoken of a reunion. Two former members of the group come in again. That's all. So why be disappointed about what does not take place?

When they (Axl, Slash, and Duff) take the stage at Coachella, IMHO, Axl can never go back. There is no accepting Tommy Stinson and Guitar Players X and Y. Sure these boards go, because no one wants to see our band die... So Jefferson Starship it is (lookup that bands history). There will just be no traction with the regular world, and the Where is Slash posters, TShirts, and chants from the crowd will be frequent and furious if he (Axl) tries to sell that bill of goods. So if this isn't a reunion than it is a death sentence.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »

I just hope this whole "reunion" thing will not be only a nostalgia cashgrab tour, but will be
motivate by some anger to make together the music they could have done all these years.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »

I just hope this whole "reunion" thing will not be only a nostalgia cashgrab tour, but will be
motivate by some anger to make together the music they could have done all these years.

I 100% agree... based on Slash's picture my assumption is that at least (and I'm guessing at the complete lineup) Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy, and Chris are in a rehearsal space. That group could probably have enough material for a full album done in a few weeks... It just depends on if this can light a fire under Axl's ass.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2016, 03:17:48 PM »

one step at a time (ELO)...a new single would be a blast, really.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2016, 03:20:31 PM »

I get what you are saying... I am just pointing out the talent and song writing experience in that room... An album shouldn't be hard,  a single should be simple.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »

I get what you are saying... I am just pointing out the talent and song writing experience in that room... An album shouldn't be hard,  a single should be simple.

I agree, especially if Izzy is involved on the writing side.  I mean, listen to this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iysfLlECjqc.  It sounds like Izzy put as much effort into this as he does making a cup of coffee.  And yet, it fucking rocks.  Had the entire band put in a few weeks on developing this into an actual GNR song, I feel that you'd have an incredible Guns classic rocker.  I think he's loaded with these types of basic song ideas that the rest of the band can develop into something big.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2016, 03:59:54 PM »

I 100% agree... based on Slash's picture my assumption is that at least (and I'm guessing at the complete lineup) Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy, and Chris are in a rehearsal space. That group could probably have enough material for a full album done in a few weeks... It just depends on if this can light a fire under Axl's ass.

That's a lot of pressure and not much time to do it.

I doubt they want to rush out any old piece of crap, just to say they did it.  Then, you wind up with a 'Steel Wheels' or 'Psycho Circus' type of effort.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2016, 04:31:12 PM »

That's a lot of pressure and not much time to do it.

I doubt they want to rush out any old piece of crap, just to say they did it.  Then, you wind up with a 'Steel Wheels' or 'Psycho Circus' type of effort.

Not saying they should do it (an album)... I'm just saying the talent in that room could kick out a single pretty easily... Think about a soundtrack song for something like Suicide Squad etc... Sort of what YCBM did for the Illusions (and the first leg of that tour)... and what should have happened if OMG was handled properly (and honestly a better song).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:34:51 PM by C0ma » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »

They should probably think twice about releasing any more music as GN?R unless Izzy is involved in the writing process.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »

I think they (gnr) can do a single just like that. I hope they do it.

axlvai
Manners
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2016, 08:20:31 PM »

Having ust watched all of live at the O2 i think we are in are in safe hands with Frank and Richard (he play rythem guiter with so much enthusiasm!) Axls vocals at the O2 were fine, not perfect but fine, Duff will be Duff, it is down to Slash to be Slash! (and be abe to play some CD solos!)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »

Not saying they should do it (an album)... I'm just saying the talent in that room could kick out a single pretty easily... Think about a soundtrack song for something like Suicide Squad etc... Sort of what YCBM did for the Illusions (and the first leg of that tour)... and what should have happened if OMG was handled properly (and honestly a better song).

Wow, that would be pretty awesome.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »

Having ust watched all of live at the O2 i think we are in are in safe hands with Frank and Richard (he play rythem guiter with so much enthusiasm!) Axls vocals at the O2 were fine, not perfect but fine, Duff will be Duff, it is down to Slash to be Slash! (and be abe to play some CD solos!)

That's a solid, soild show.

Favorite from that leg of the tour, for sure.  Only behind the show in Philly in February 2012 for best of the year.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: