Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 50678 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »

November Rain, Civil War, Coma, Locomotive and Estranged are just of few examples of "classic era" Guns N Roses songs that Izzy didn't write.   When it coms to possibly writing more songs without Izzy, I think Axl, Slash and Duff are going to be able to figure it out.   hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »

Izzy sat down and wrote with Duff recently for his EP. While I don't think it would be a 'flop' without him, I also don't think that just because he ins't signed up to play in front of  few hundred thousand people doesn't mean he won't contribute behind the scenes if approached.

I keep reading a lot of comments about Duff, Loaded, Snakepit, Slash, Ju Ju Hounds, and Izzy solo material and how no one was overly impressed. It think what you are missing is that the others didn't collaborate, and Axl wasn't involved. Even with CD, it's not like Axl wrote all of it on his own, and I don't think any one wold be pumping 'Better' from a Robin Solo album with no Axl input from their car.

These guys made amazing albums and EP's together, I'll trust them until I hear what they come up with (if anything comes).

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #362 on: January 09, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »

I guess some of you are missing an important thing: team work. You can't take solo albums - or even Chinese - and suppose it's representative of how they would sound/write together. Even in the VR case - it was Duff and Slash, but Weiland's input got it to a totally new direction. When you're writing the backbone of a song, of course it's all about your style, like Izzy did in his solo albums. But the other members of the band all put their own spin and change the arrangement and/or feel of the song. Just look at what Bumblefoot did in Catcher and IRS.

In Izzy's absence GNR released a covers album, two songs on a soundtrack, and then CD. I'm just assuming this is what LGD meant by that. The fan base is all over the map on their likes and dislikes of CD but while the quality of CD is subjective, the quantity certainly isn't.

I've seen some people not really care whether or not Izzy is involved. Like many I expect him to have a similar involvement just like he's had since 2006. If he jumps in to help write songs, I'd be all over that like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich but like you, I do think they can do something without his presence.
Agreed. Would make sense to have Izzy back just for writing and live guest appearences. It's how he feels comfortable, I assume.

But I don't think by any means that he is absolutely needed to put out a new record. I mean, they can indeed release songs without him - not saying it would be better or worse, just saying they could. What I can say is: I much prefer Coma, Estranged, Locomotive and some other Illusion tracks than Pretty Tied Up and 14 Years. And I think those songs were epic because they were trying to do that back then, does not mean all they can write together is 10 minute tracks.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: