Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:37:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Remix
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Remix  (Read 12485 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« on: January 15, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »

We've heard rumors about a possible remix album of CD.  There is another thread on here talking about Slash possibly playing CD songs on tour.  Ron made comments before the end of last tour suggesting that version of the band was over.  Then Ron and DJ left.  This all made me think about the below scenario.

Maybe Slash and Duff have been involved longer than we all know.  Maybe these current plans started at the end of last tour or even before.  Maybe Slash and Duff have been putting their own spin on that possible CD remix.  If so, I think it would be pretty cool to hear how they could make the songs sound different....to go along with Axl possibly putting down different vocal styles. 

I think it would be pretty damn cool if a remixed CD came out, along side a brand new album. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:42:30 AM »

dude, thank you so much for making this topic. i want to see the remix get released so bad. its right up there with a new album on my wish list.

i think you could be onto something, and ive thought similar things. they wouldnt even have to play on every song to garner some major attention and good will for this thing. cd could finally get the chance it deserved. anything but refusing to release it at all, please please please please!

was last year really a hiatus? or was there a lot going on behind the scenes? very interesting. the mystery deepens...

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:58:46 AM »

so what's the deal with "Brain's remix album" and "ChiDem remix album"? is that the same thing or different? some remix samples leaked out and honestly I can't imagine the "classic lineup" putting their hands on that, it's much too... remix-ish, if you know what I mean Smiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 06:25:47 AM »

I get exactly what the OP meant. Remix often end up being techno/dance/whatever. But it also can mean just another mixing, with another arrangement.

Think about it: if DJ and Bumble got to rework Better in their own style, maybe Slash and Duff could have worked in their take on some songs too. I don't think they would work on all the songs, and they def weren't involved that long - I picture they were already in serious talk for a year, at least. Not much longer than that. And I'm talking about they as a band, not just as a friends getting in touch again, that first step must have been earlier.

so what's the deal with "Brain's remix album" and "ChiDem remix album"? is that the same thing or different? some remix samples leaked out and honestly I can't imagine the "classic lineup" putting their hands on that, it's much too... remix-ish, if you know what I mean Smiley
I think those were just Brain toying with some ideas. I'd bet those were not the only version of each song remixed.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:19:01 AM »

correct. and actually a cute idea - if DJ and Bumble could do a creepier/heavier and acoustic/intimate remix respectively, there could be another ones - bluesy and punkish. altough it would make ChiDem era even more bizzarre, as if it already wasn't bizzarre enough hihi

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 07:55:58 AM »

correct. and actually a cute idea - if DJ and Bumble could do a creepier/heavier and acoustic/intimate remix respectively, there could be another ones - bluesy and punkish. altough it would make ChiDem era even more bizzarre, as if it already wasn't bizzarre enough hihi
Hahahaha I know, right?

And Axl was still talking about the CD remix as far as 2014 (I think in that Kimmel interview or maybe in That Metal Show). Maybe the idea evolved to bring Slash and Duff and try to get another shot at it? Dunno. Of course Id rather hear new songs for real, but I'd take whatever they come up with.

zombux
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:05 AM »

yup, a remix is not a real deal, just a cool bonus Smiley

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »

not a fan of remixes....8 years later, we need new music and I don't give a fuck who plays on it.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »

I believe it's lost its timing... doesn't sound interesting to the market or even to the "new" members (or whoeverelse). I look forward to a fresh new album.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »

I assume that they have not yet released the remix album because there also songs from the second half of Chinese Democracy on it.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »

Hahahaha I know, right?

And Axl was still talking about the CD remix as far as 2014 (I think in that Kimmel interview or maybe in That Metal Show). Maybe the idea evolved to bring Slash and Duff and try to get another shot at it? Dunno. Of course Id rather hear new songs for real, but I'd take whatever they come up with.

It was the Revolver Magazine interview:

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out,? Rose says. ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too."

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 12:05:30 PM »

Hahahaha I know, right?

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out,? Rose says. ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That?s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That?s been done for a while, too."
Thanks. From when that was?

But he also said something in a TV interview, I guess.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 12:07:05 PM »

not a fan of remixes....8 years later, we need new music and I don't give a fuck who plays on it.  Undecided

You wouldn't be interested in what it sounded like?  You wouldn't take it with a new album?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »

Hahahaha I know, right?

Thanks. From when that was?

But he also said something in a TV interview, I guess.

That was from the Revolver Magazine interview in 2014, don't remember him talking about it on TV- do you have a source, or link?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »

That was from the Revolver Magazine interview in 2014, don't remember him talking about it on TV- do you have a source, or link?
Not right now, but I'll look for that later. I think I saw on YouTube

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »

We've heard rumors about a possible remix album of CD.  There is another thread on here talking about Slash possibly playing CD songs on tour.  Ron made comments before the end of last tour suggesting that version of the band was over.  Then Ron and DJ left.  This all made me think about the below scenario.

Maybe Slash and Duff have been involved longer than we all know.  Maybe these current plans started at the end of last tour or even before.  Maybe Slash and Duff have been putting their own spin on that possible CD remix.  If so, I think it would be pretty cool to hear how they could make the songs sound different....to go along with Axl possibly putting down different vocal styles. 

I think it would be pretty damn cool if a remixed CD came out, along side a brand new album. 

Yes the Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba remixes happened to have got their way out  on the internet.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

would be best if a remix had new vocaltracks. i don't like the vocals on madagascar studioversion

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 09:03:06 PM »

I assume that they have not yet released the remix album because there also songs from the second half of Chinese Democracy on it.

you could be onto something with that! if that were the case, i wonder how and when it would be released? If CD 2 is indeed the second half of CD, maybe someday well see both halves sold together as a set. That sounds like a good time to include the remix as part of the set.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »

would be best if a remix had new vocaltracks. i don't like the vocals on madagascar studioversion

that would hands down be the best case scenario. theyd basically be new songs at that point.

i like the idea of duff and slash putting their spin on some songs. people could get the more traditional gnr sounding CD they always wanted, at least on some songs.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:50 PM »

that would hands down be the best case scenario. theyd basically be new songs at that point.

i like the idea of duff and slash putting their spin on some songs. people could get the more traditional gnr sounding CD they always wanted, at least on some songs.

We always wanted?  Speak for yourself.  Were the Illusions traditional sounding compared to Appetite?  No, it was different.  Just like Chinese was different from Illusions.  Even with Slash and Duff back in the fold....if your expecting something to sound like it did 25 years ago, you may be dissapointed.  Maybe they WILL create something that sounds like something 25 years ago, but I would expect something different, like GNR has always done.  GNR isn't ACDC, and never was. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: