Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 04:22:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228075 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'  (Read 18671 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 02:54:31 PM »

Yeah, but it's frustrating to see various journalists and talk-backers get like 10,000 "likes" on a comment about how they're furious that Izzy isn't included in the reunion, when it's more than likely due to his own choosing. 

That's true. There is probably no drama internally around the line-up.

The only thing that could be strange behind the scenes is Steven FURIOUSLY trying to be involved as much as humanly possible.  He's been quiet, so maybe they threw him a bone.  

That's the one thing I'm most uncertain about. Will he be involved somehow?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »

We would just be guessing as to why Frank over Matt or why Axl may just not like the guy ... but one was involved with a good chunk of the music... and one isn't... one has a 20 year history with Slash and Duff and one doesn't...

So the scales certainly weigh one direction....

I never got the impression Axl and Matt were tight.  There are several examples of that support this.

It's just that once he patches it up with Slash, can't imagine there is any other fence he would not be able to mend.

From Matt's description of events, it sounded like all was water under the bridge after they met in NYC in 2006:

While getting out of the cab I run into Sean Lennon who was leaving and when inside there was Axl Rose. Oh my God. I hadn't seen him in at least six years. I walked over and said hello. We shook hands. And it was pleasant. Later that evening I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village where Axl was again. We spoke for quite some time. And it was nice to clear some things up. I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all. It was an all-around good vibe, I think.  After the party ended. Axl gave me a ride back to my hotel in his suburban.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »

Yeah, but it's frustrating to see various journalists and talk-backers get like 10,000 "likes" on a comment about how they're furious that Izzy isn't included in the reunion, when it's more than likely due to his own choosing. 

The only thing that could be strange behind the scenes is Steven FURIOUSLY trying to be involved as much as humanly possible.  He's been quiet, so maybe they threw him a bone.  

It's touchy.  Remember a few years back when Axl said that one show, or even a few songs with Steven could result in years of legal aftermath?  

I would imagine that if he's involved, it'd be for two or three songs, and it'd be Axl doing him the biggest favor of his life. Again, he's been quiet, so who knows what's being cooked up?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:00:13 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 03:21:50 PM »

It's touchy.  Remember a few years back when Axl said that one show, or even a few songs with Steven could result in years of legal aftermath?  

I would imagine that if he's involved, it'd be for two or three songs, and it'd be Axl doing him the biggest favor of his life. Again, he's been quiet, so who knows what's being cooked up?

Axl doing him the biggest favor of his life? I don't think so.

Axl cried like kid about publishing rights way way back. Steven's sound and style really really made Appetite a great thing. Yes he's a drummer but he deserves to be in this again. He is an original member and while he has been the most train wrecked of them all... he finally seems to have it together. Finally.

Doing him a favor... I think he has a right to do this tour.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 03:44:09 PM »

Really?  Because Steven has so much going on?

Axl's concern about Steven is that he can turn on a dime.  See, the thing about Steven is...he's an idiot.  How many times does he pop off at the mouth, only to walk it back later.  Slash "his brother" (supposedly) was an asshole for having "that piece of shit Sorum" play on something instead of him.

Suppose Steven plays 3-5 songs at Coachella.  That's all he gets.

Then on his Twitter later :

"Was great to get back out there playing with the REAL Guns N' Roses."

<5 minutes pass>

"I wish I was going to be there for the whole tour, but you know.  I know you fans would rather see me."

<5 minutes pass>

"No disrespect to Frank or anyone else."  #carriedaway

Can you rule that out?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »

That is why I've stated multiple times that Matt should be involved or Frank.

I think going with just Steve, or Matt or Frank is dumb and a waste.

Steven presents risk. Frank would be the safest pick and probably what we'll get and they will sprinkle in steven and matt

I'm just saying that Steven deserves a chance to at least split time in the tour. If they leave him out it would be really shitty.

But don't damn me
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »

Really?  Because Steven has so much going on?

Axl's concern about Steven is that he can turn on a dime.  See, the thing about Steven is...he's an idiot.  How many times does he pop off at the mouth, only to walk it back later.  Slash "his brother" (supposedly) was an asshole for having "that piece of shit Sorum" play on something instead of him.

Suppose Steven plays 3-5 songs at Coachella.  That's all he gets.

Then on his Twitter later :

"Was great to get back out there playing with the REAL Guns N' Roses."

<5 minutes pass>

"I wish I was going to be there for the whole tour, but you know.  I know you fans would rather see me."

<5 minutes pass>

"No disrespect to Frank or anyone else."  #carriedaway

Can you rule that out?

Exactly.  And the way he shot his mouth off on Eddie Trunk a few months back, about how Dizzy shouldn't be up there, Frank is a "nameless" drummer, and Slash & Duff are now more or less assholes who forgot they were junkies once too. He couldn't even behave when he might've had a snail's chance back then.

If Axl let's him up there on any level? Big favor. Big time.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »

The whole point is that it should be "Axl's" call.

He whined his way to owning the name. So the end results leads back to him being a bitch about things...

Why there's been a 20 year wait with original guys lol

He should of never been able to tour under the Gn'R name technically if Slash and Duff didn't give in.

But don't damn me
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »

Okay, then they'd ALL be doing Steven a favor.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2016, 04:00:27 PM »

I don't get it. If Steven is included in the reunion it really isn't a favor. He deserves to be there people.

Who doesn't think that he deserves to be included in a reunion tour in either a part time or random fashion?

I don't think anyone here thinks that. Having him be the "main" drummer would be very risky and could backfire. Then again he very well might do great with it. Who knows.

Him being the main drummer? 5-10%

But don't damn me
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »

I don't get it. If Steven is included in the reunion it really isn't a favor. He deserves to be there people.

I agree.  If he goes on tour and fucks up, that's one thing.  But he deserves it because -- despite his past issues -- he is the original drummer that went through hell with the band when they were establishing themselves, as well as being the most recognized drummer to the fans.  The "favor" would be done to the fans who want to see the true version of the band they fell in love with.

G N R have never officially called it a reunion because they never intended it to be one imo.  It's just adding Slash back in, and Duff permanently.  

I half agree with this.  It's not officially a GNR reunion.  However, I don't necessary foresee Duff sticking around permanently.  After they finish whatever business they have currently planned, who's to say that Slash and Duff will stick around.  I wouldn't agree with anybody who suggested that this "reunion" is so solid and concrete that it will last forever.  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 04:04:49 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2016, 04:04:27 PM »

Who doesn't think that he deserves to be included in a reunion tour in either a part time or random fashion?

A few songs at Coachella, and only if Izzy is there too.  That's it.

I see the argument. that its a dick move to have Izzy and not Steven in that scenario.  However, if Izzy blew it off, I would have zero qualms with keeping Steven out too.

Actions have consequences.  Steven's position in all this is his to own.  I actually forgot some of Steven's other greatest hits that sofine11 just rattled off.  My lord.

And I just recalled another story.  The one about him taking a flight with Duff, only Steven gets shitfaced at the airport first, and Duff didn't like it.

Steven is right about their pasts, but its just that - the past.  Steven is still the little boy that won't grow up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »

I half agree with this.  It's not officially a GNR reunion.  However, I don't necessary foresee Duff sticking around permanently.  After they finish whatever business they have currently planned, who's to say that Slash and Duff will stick around.  I wouldn't agree with anybody who suggested that this "reunion" is so solid and concrete that it will last forever.  Time will tell.

Could be.

However, I don't see Axl putting together another merry band of fill-ins as an alternative.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »

I really think they should just give him a fucking chance.

Like rehearse with him. See how he acts... see what quality his drumming is in...and if it looks good roll with it. Have Frank or Matt on Stand by and sprinkle them in.

I do know this for sure. This Gn'R tour WILL NOT feature 1 drummer.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »

I really think they should just give him a fucking chance.

Like rehearse with him. See how he acts... see what quality his drumming is in...and if it looks good roll with it. Have Frank or Matt on Stand by and sprinkle them in.

The fact that you, and to be fair, several others, have to pitch this as having to have a stand-by there for if (when?) Steven fucks up is a huge red flag to me.

Who needs that bullshit?

And are Matt and Frank going to be all that excited to just be the Steven Adler insurance policy?

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »

Yeah I know. It's fucked up but maybe he needs this? I've said from the get go that going with him as the main guy is probably not going to happen or the best thing.

I highly doubt it.

It will probably be Frank with the other 2 randomly in there at various gigs or just Coachella. Not a big deal. Just as long as Steven is in there respecfully I'm cool with whatever.

But don't damn me
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »

Yeah, the poster above made another good point.  We've been wondering why all the press releases refer to this as a "regrouping" rather than "reunion".  I myself initially thought it was perhaps because Axl always had an aversion to the word reunion.

Now, thinking about it and putting things in perspective, I bet it's because they don't want to be held culpable, either legally or in the media, for labeling this a "reunion" while excluding other former members such as Steven, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, etc.

By promoting it as a "regrouping" of Axl, Slash & Duff, they get all the media attention that a reunion would garner, without being responsible for including other band alumni. Sure, fans and some media outlets will kick and scream, but ultimately that's their problem, not the band's.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2016, 04:15:20 PM »

The fact that you, and to be fair, several others, have to pitch this as having to have a stand-by there for if (when?) Steven fucks up is a huge red flag to me.

Who needs that bullshit?

And are Matt and Frank going to be all that excited to just be the Steven Adler insurance policy?

I agree that Steven being considered at least somewhat of a liability isn't unfair to suggest.  At the end of the day, I personally find it fair to say to Steven, "hey man, we're giving you 4 songs a night, just to give you a chance.  Frank plays the rest.  If you fuck up, you're out.  If it works, we'll see where it goes in the future."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »

Who needs that bullshit?

I agree that Steven being considered at least somewhat of a liability isn't unfair to suggest.  At the end of the day, I personally find it fair to say to Steven, "hey man, we're giving you 4 songs a night, just to give you a chance.  Frank plays the rest.  If you fuck up, you're out.  If it works, we'll see where it goes in the future."

I think this is probably the most realistic scenario, should he be involved. Anything more, and you're thinking through nostalgic fan goggles.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »

I am perfectly happy with Axl, Slash, Duff, and whom ever they think will best support that core lineup. I think no matter what there will be some part-time/scattered involvement of Izzy here and there (song writing if it ever goes there).

Steven to me is a huge liability. He was kicked out of the most dangerous band in the world for being too dangerous. He then failed multiple times at getting sober on reality TV shows... there are stories about how unreliable he was with his solo projects. The last thing they need is the press associated with any issue he causes... and then when he does mess up and is removed, he has a history of being litigious which I wouldn't open myself up to if I'm Axl, Slash or Duff.

WORST CASE he pulls a Scott Weiland and dies on tour.

I see no upside what so ever including him. It's not like this is an Axl thing... Slash Duff and Izzy have all had solo projects and in some cases worked together... NO ONE has ever included Steven, there is a reason for it.

Back to the article, I loved the end when he talked about GnR opening for them in 87 and Alice turning to the band and pretty much saying we are going to have to bring it tonight...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: