Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 325647 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #1700 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:44 PM »

I think some of you are misunderstanding the whole no cell phone policy. It was done for the Troubadour show because the show was essentially a rehearsal and the band wanted to keep the sound, pics and overall mystique of Axl and Slash as limited as possible until Vegas. There is 0 chance that this policy will be in place for Vegas or any other stadium show.

Also, it was back to where they started. Back when they started, people were watching the show, not a screen on their phones.... Wink

/jarmo

Totally agree!!  I love this Yondr idea. I doubt it can be done on a large scale like arena or for sure a stadium but enjoy the show!

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #1701 on: April 03, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »

Mr. Brownstone from the same guy who filmed that part of It's So Easy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDwB7rmi8pj/

Awesome!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1702 on: April 03, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »

Awesome!!!
Damn. That sounded so good. Thanks for the find.

lipeguns
Rocker

« Reply #1703 on: April 03, 2016, 07:01:42 PM »

Awesome!!!

The whole concert from this source would be great!
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #1704 on: April 03, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »

^^^ disagree

I've seen the snippets and I'm more than happy to wait for an official release! Pro shot with great sound and picture etc etc

Watching stuff from mobile footage irks me,

We would be fools to think that the band and management don't know we want this stuff, I think they will release it when it's the appropriate time to do so. And I'll happily shell out the $$$ to buy it
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1705 on: April 03, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »

It's funny that we're only seeing snippets of some songs here and there and no Better or Chinese Democracy. It still feels like a teaser to the big tour. Were certain people allowed to take short videos of certain songs I wonder but keep the rest a secret 😋!??!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1706 on: April 03, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »

It's funny that we're only seeing snippets of some songs here and there and no Better or Chinese Democracy. It's still feels like a teaser to the big tour. Were certain people allowed to take short videos of certain songs I wonder but keep the rest a secret 😋!??!

Yeah, I have the same feelings about that.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1707 on: April 03, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »

It's funny that we're only seeing snippets of some songs here and there and no Better or Chinese Democracy. It's still feels like a teaser to the big tour. Were certain people allowed to take short videos of certain songs I wonder but keep the rest a secret 😋!??!

Yeah, I have the same feelings about that.

If that's the case it's amazing PR work

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1708 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »

It's funny that we're only seeing snippets of some songs here and there and no Better or Chinese Democracy. It still feels like a teaser to the big tour. Were certain people allowed to take short videos of certain songs I wonder but keep the rest a secret 😋!??!

I think that's a coincidence. I don't think any of the videos we've seen were filmed "legally".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1709 on: April 03, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »

I think some of you are misunderstanding the whole no cell phone policy. It was done for the Troubadour show because the show was essentially a rehearsal and the band wanted to keep the sound, pics and overall mystique of Axl and Slash as limited as possible until Vegas. There is 0 chance that this policy will be in place for Vegas or any other stadium show.

Also, it was back to where they started. Back when they started, people were watching the show, not a screen on their phones.... Wink

/jarmo

Yes, the entire day was a throwback to the 1980's - from people camping out overnight at Tower Records to get tickets, to the pop-up museum there, to the grand finale at the Troubadour....raw, stripped down, all-rocker club show.

-KK
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1710 on: April 03, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »

I think they knew they wouldn't get everyone's camera and a few pics/ short videos would leak.  I think they were ok with that.  What they didn't want is people recording the entire show and/or hundreds of videos out there.

And like Jarmo said, they didn't want people staring at their phones all night either.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:48:38 PM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1711 on: April 03, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »

I think they knew they wouldn't get everyone's camera and a few pics/ short videos would leak.  I think they were ok with that.  What they didn't want is people recording the entire show.

I read somewhere that the ones that got caught filming/taking pics were thrown out.

Sweetness is a virtue
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1712 on: April 03, 2016, 07:47:02 PM »

I think they knew they wouldn't get everyone's camera and a few pics/ short videos would leak.  I think they were ok with that.  What they didn't want is people recording the entire show.

I read somewhere that the ones that got caught filming/taking pics were thrown out.

I heard of one person getting thrown out and a few that got their phones taken away after being caught.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

-KK
lipeguns
Rocker

« Reply #1713 on: April 03, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »

Awesome!!!

The whole concert from this source would be great!

^^^ disagree

I've seen the snippets and I'm more than happy to wait for an official release! Pro shot with great sound and picture etc etc

Yep, but we've heard anything about an official release of this concert. You're right, official release is better instead this source, but without it, get the whole thing from that source would be great!
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #1714 on: April 03, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »

They filmed it. There were guys with real cameras in there. You don't need too many cameras to create a good old school camera mix. One guy is visible with the camera right in front of the stage. If they had one on each side of the balcony, to the left and right, and maybe one in the back, that's all you need really...This release would be awesome.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1715 on: April 03, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »

They filmed it. There were guys with real cameras in there. You don't need too many cameras to create a good old school camera mix. One guy is visible with the camera right in front of the stage. If they had one on each side of the balcony, to the left and right, and maybe one in the back, that's all you need really...This release would be awesome.

There were also people with smaller professional cameras in the crowd (filming too obvious to be an audience member).

1:40 in the lower left corner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARjFgSjySA

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1716 on: April 03, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

The Seeker

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vmkqYmpqC_0&feature=share

peace

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1717 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:02 PM »

Any video of slash doing Better or Chinese from this past weekend?
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1718 on: April 03, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »

Sounds. So. Fucking. Amazing.

Would love to hear Slash's Better version.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1719 on: April 04, 2016, 12:09:55 AM »

Thanks man. Slash's solo was killer!

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: