Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 325648 times)
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1640 on: April 03, 2016, 05:02:15 AM »

Whoever shared the jungle vid from the balcony: thank you SO much!!!
This has been the best weekend ever! 😂
It's so incredibly lovely to see Axl that happy. To know that somewhere in this universe there is GnR again.
I feel like a 14 year old teenager - bursting from excitement. 😉
Huge thanks to each and every brave person filming and sharing pics, reviews, video snippets!
❤️

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1641 on: April 03, 2016, 05:03:35 AM »

I would give literally anything to have a pro bootleg of this show.

Hell has frozen over.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1642 on: April 03, 2016, 05:06:18 AM »

this guy...

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #1643 on: April 03, 2016, 05:31:33 AM »

If you put out a pro recording, Fernando, there'd be no use for bootlegs...
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1644 on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »

I got a new answer to an old question: if you had a time machine - where would you go?
To the fucking Troubadour on April 1st! 💃😜

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
fra
Opening Act

« Reply #1645 on: April 03, 2016, 05:33:13 AM »

this guy...
Hi Fernando, this whole build up and hype is something I've been dreaming of since I was a kid. You nailed it so far - THANKS
Really hope you're gonna release some pro-shot footage of this historic night. cheerio

Milan 2006 | London 2006 | Reading 2010 | London 2010 | London 2010 | London 2012 | London 2012 | Dublin 2017 | London 2017
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1646 on: April 03, 2016, 05:38:04 AM »

this guy...

We need an official raw video of this, 1 song at least (maybe it's so easy), after 23 years of waiting it's the minimum  peace Make us happy  Grin
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1647 on: April 03, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »

this guy...
and as a bonus, Vegas 2001-01-01 footage drool or Vegas 2001-12-29 & 31 footages drool drool drool oh wait, I started dreaming too much Embarrassed

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1648 on: April 03, 2016, 05:58:24 AM »

this guy...
and as a bonus, Vegas 2001-01-01 footage drool or Vegas 2001-12-29 & 31 footages drool drool drool oh wait, I started dreaming too much Embarrassed

Or like all the unreleased stuff from the illusion tour - well one can dream nowadays...😘

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1649 on: April 03, 2016, 06:39:38 AM »

this guy...

Well, certain people might have been there, but I?m on the other side of the world and would really love to have some footage...

Hell has frozen over.
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1650 on: April 03, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »

this guy...

I'd also give a lot! Can we expect some releases this year? I also think it's a good idea for nightrain members to be able to pay to watch the show on a stream like you did back in 2011 I think. That worked really well, as its great for fans that can't make the shows. Ps hope you guys make a uk announcement soon!
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1651 on: April 03, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »

I think Axl still has his rasp, but it does die down a lot after Live and Let Die, and its probably because of his screams during the song. If they take that out of the set, he'll have the rasp most of the show. Just listen to any recordings of the last 10 years, he has got the rasp till LALD, and not much after. I don't care though, I saw the 93 line up, and all the lineups in the 2000s and am going to KC in June.

Would not bother me if they took LALD off the set. Never did much for me. Been wanting it off for years

I think LALD is a great song live...Theatrics and all, very powerful...
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #1652 on: April 03, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »

"Axl fell on his back but kept smiling and singing during Mr. Brownstone"

I think this was intentional so that he can kick off the tour in a boot a la 1991.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1653 on: April 03, 2016, 09:11:51 AM »

Talking about pro video material from this show, I'm also thinking if they'd release some older footage as well. Not like right now, but maybe at some point. I understand why pretty much nothing has been released earlier, but now it's a whole different situation...

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1654 on: April 03, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »

Another good review on MyGNR. Got me even more anxious to hear Better and Chinese with Slash.

From ChineseIRS:

-before the slide solo in Rocket Queen Slash did an extended talkbox solo, when he finished it Axl had a huge smile on his face and looked at us and said "you missed that, didnt you?"

-Heavens Door was probably the most special moment of the show. Axl starts the first sing along section and then right when he looked like he was gonna start the 2nd he kinda stopped himself and looked around the stage and said "this is the first time in 23 years us 3 have been on stage together, 1993, July i believe it was" the crowd just erupted. He did another sing along section and after that one he said "we worked very hard with the city to make this show happen, and we worked hard with the sheriffs and that in itself took 24 years" and laughed. It was amazing to see him almost taken back and acknowledging the magnitude of the night.

The best two paragraphs of the review...Axl indeed put behind his back all the bad stuff and negativity and moved on... thanks Axl!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1655 on: April 03, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »

I?m not pessimist, but like the rest of the fans, I want to know more about Axl and Slash friendship today, and as we got nothing, still got worried about things like that. A friend of mine told me this today (she were outside):

"... I went behind the Troubadour near the end of the show, and there?s guys (gnr camp maybe?) with walkie talkie and stuff, and one of them said "last song!", like, to warn that they would leave. Axl came out in 3 minutes, entered the limo and disappeared! Slash and Duff came to say hi, hang around together in the Gibson bus."

But maybe it?s nothing  Lips Sealed

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1656 on: April 03, 2016, 10:00:46 AM »

I?m not pessimist, but like the rest of the fans, I want to know more about Axl and Slash friendship today, and as we got nothing, still got worried about things like that. A friend of mine told me this today (she were outside):

"... I went behind the Troubadour near the end of the show, and there?s guys (gnr camp maybe?) with walkie talkie and stuff, and one of them said "last song!", like, to warn that they would leave. Axl came out in 3 minutes, entered the limo and disappeared! Slash and Duff came to say hi, hang around together in the Gibson bus."

I think that's pretty common for artists to leave immediately after the show, I've seen it many times while working backstage.

And Axl seemed to be in a very good mood that night!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1657 on: April 03, 2016, 10:03:03 AM »

For me its no big deal at all...Axl has his own world since forever. Besides, they dont need to be best friends as long they respect each other. I've read several times that Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are not best of friends, also the Iron Maiden guys...they are in a stage of their carreers that the band is bigger than acquaintances, its like a huge company and you work for it.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #1658 on: April 03, 2016, 10:08:49 AM »

For me its no big deal at all...Axl has his own world since forever. Besides, they dont need to be best friends as long they respect each other. I've read several times that Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are not best of friends, also the Iron Maiden guys...they are in a stage of their carreers that the band is bigger than acquaintances, its like a huge company and you work for it.

I think that's pretty common for artists to leave immediately after the show, I've seen it many times while working backstage.

And Axl seemed to be in a very good mood that night!

I agree with you! I know that for sure, but this night was something unic, don?t you think? First time playing together, in a place where all begun, with a lot of friends, etc...

adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #1659 on: April 03, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »

this guy...

Oh yeah, this is Rock N' Roll history. I would pay PREMIUM to have a good film of this. There were some pictures on instagram with a guy saying that he filmed the show for the band...Name the price dude!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: