Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone bummed it's a stadium tour and not more personal?  (Read 14312 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2016, 01:24:15 PM »

Aside from all the hoopla and awesomeness of everything going on...

I think the odds of a new GNR release since their return has gone up by about a billion percent.

Oh God yeah.  The record company must be drooling for it at this point....And if there's any sanity left in this world, there have been discussions.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

1)
Thank Duff: no reunion without him
2)
I do not care - the band I LOVE will play: how much is it??
3)
No, I won't show my tits (I honestly never had stuff like that...😉😂😂💃)
4)
Be useful: get us 2 beers please...
😉😘💃

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2016, 01:44:41 PM »

Of course the up close and personal is a better quality experience--I saw Slash in Denver in October and there can't have been more than 1,000-2,000 people there--but I understand the argument about tickets being hard to get and so more people get to enjoy GNR. I thought the Joint in Vegas was a perfect venue. I guess as long as I don't have ridiculously bad seat in a stadium I don't mind, although I have questions about sound quality.
It will be interesting to see how they configure Jerry World in Arlington for GNR. It can hold over 100,000 at full capacity. Even if they rope off one end we are still talking about 80,000 plus I would guess. 

Everyone keeps mentioning The Joint. That place only seats 4K people, this is the pretty much the #1 rock band of their generation regrouping and playing together for the first time in 23 years... they aren't going to do an extended run of 4k seat clubs and theaters... but could mix them in. The Stones did something like that a few years back where they played like 2 or 3 different venues of differing sizes in each city. Call it a cash grab if you must, but this is how bands get paid these days, tours... not album sales. For them to make money on a 4K seat theater tour they would have to play 2-3x the dates at 300-1000 dollar ticket prices.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2016, 02:39:22 PM »

Thank Duff: no reunion without him

I think he is the real catalyst here, and the one we fans owe the biggest debt to making this all happen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

Yeah he is. I also think without him there's no chance this happens.

He was a stablized, bridge peace (yes mispelled on purpose) for Slash and Axl.

Very cool stuff.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »

Yeah he is. I also think without him there's no chance this happens.

He was a stablized, bridge peace (yes mispelled on purpose) for Slash and Axl.

Very cool stuff.

He's a miracle worker and a godsend.

My question is how quickly he started thinking like this.  I mean, was it as far back as doing the show in London with Axl in 2010?

Once he saw they could be cool again, did he start to form a plan on how to bridge the ultimate divide between Axl and Slash?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »

Does it matter?

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2016, 02:49:53 PM »

Does it matter?

Matters more than "getting to the bottom" of what went on in 1996 and matters less than what is going on right now.

That's where I'd slot it, anyway.  Midpoint.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »

I guess  - only guessing - Duff's "How to be a Man"
COULD have something to do with it...
😉

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »

I'm glad this is going to be a stadium tour. The more the merrier. Looking forward to seeing all the fans tailgating and hearding GNR tunes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »

I'm glad this is going to be a stadium tour. The more the merrier. Looking forward to seeing all the fans tailgating and hearding GNR tunes.

Totally with you on that.

I'm looking incredibly forward to a GNR concert getting mainstream media attention again, and then heading to a huge building filled with diehards like me.

It's going to be awesome.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 02:58:43 PM »

Totally with you on that.

I'm looking incredibly forward to a GNR concert getting mainstream media attention again, and then heading to a huge building filled with diehards like me

Ahh...😂 as long as you get me some beer...🎈

It's going to be awesome.

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2016, 03:24:02 PM »

I for one am excited cause this will be my first Guns Stadium show! And my first time going to Solider Field! In regards to selling out, obviously I hope they do. But even if they don't, I'm sure they will sell more then if they were at an arena. As far as promotion, I think they are doing it right. Word is out there, there's a lot of press on them, yet they're keeping quiet. They are doing little things on twitter and it's amazing! When they were showing the pictures of guitars, drumsticks, the whistle, then the packs with Axl, Duff, and Slash's names on them, holy hell, I had chills! Social media, everyone is spreading them around, sharing them all over. I know I am. Most of my friends and family aren't Guns fans so they could probably care less, but I wasn't sharing for those people! There are radio promotions already for tickets, it's a great time to be a fan.

Out of curiosity, who is going to what show? I've seen them four times since 2002 but never got the chance to meet up with any fans from this board. I'd like to change that this time. I'll be at the one in Chicago. Hopefully, as it gets closer (I already have the countdown on my phone, 87 days and 5 and a half hours!) we can plan somewhere to meet up. Looking forward to it!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2016, 03:25:12 PM »

D-Generation: it is going to be like this: you are female - are you going to show your tots?!
No!
Will you drink?
Hell yeah!
Ok
Who is going to to the bar??

Hahahaha

I found the females something of a mixed bag when I saw them last.

You guys give me a shit about Bon Jovi, but trust me, that ain't a bad looking crowd.

When I saw Motley Crue last year, I sensed some of those chicks were hot too.  In 1989.  But still dressed like they did in 1989.  That was a trainwreck.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2016, 03:29:28 PM »

Bon Jovi is cool. No big deal with them.

Still to hear Burning Bridges.

Yeah I'm happy that Gn'R is getting actual mainstream push.

That's what the old famous band will do for ya.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:13 PM »

Bon Jovi, ain't bad! I got him on my ipod and to be honest, as I was getting ready for my work's "Winter" party, I was listening to him, then when I got there, after a few other Karaoke performances, as the guy saw me singing along while the DJ played the song, I was told to go back up on stage with the mic. Yeah, I have an awful voice and terrible stage presence, but it's all for fun.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »

D-Generation: it is going to be like this: you are female - are you going to show your tots?!
No!
Will you drink?
Hell yeah!
Ok
Who is going to to the bar??

Hahahaha

I found the females something of a mixed bag when I saw them last.

You guys give me a shit about Bon Jovi, but trust me, that ain't a bad looking crowd.

When I saw Motley Crue last year, I sensed some of those chicks were hot too.  In 1989.  But still dressed like they did in 1989.  That was a trainwreck.

Actually I found that Bon Jovi guys great.? 😂
Back on topic: finding yourself sourrounded by topless drunk guys - is kinda funny!
Shouting: Izzy!!! and getting:"who is Izzy?
is kinda funny..:😂
Just have fun - people usually don't read books - they go see a band...😂😉😉

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »

I have no idea why we are talking about Bon Jovi hihi

But I did see them in a stadium in pouring rain. It was just cool, even though it wasn't November peace
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 08:28:07 PM »

Does it matter?

Matters more than "getting to the bottom" of what went on in 1996 and matters less than what is going on right now.

That's where I'd slot it, anyway.  Midpoint.

Of course it matters! At least it does to me. If they're not confortable doing an interview, Duff could write an article to Rolling Stone, they could tell the story with their own words.
We've been hearing these guys say the most horrendous stuff in the media about each other. I really thought that this would never happen, but then last friday happened...so I think now we're all entitled to have our happy ending!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

You know what, that's not bad idea.  Having Duff doing something.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: