Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 109418 times)
GNRMTL
Headliner

« on: April 09, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »

I missed that tone.  The band as whole sounds electrifying.  Axl is a trooper with his injury.  Couldn't be happier  to see the best fucking band in the world strut.   This tour is going to rock.  #GnFnR
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:50:59 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »

I think his tone is fenomenal. I was afraid it would sound too much like the Illusions tour (didn't like that, I don't even like to listen to Live Era because of that), but it really blew me away.

Dunno if he makes *everything* better, but I do like what he comes up to. And I much prefer him taking chances with the Chinese material and making his own spin.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »

Slash is the reason the reviews are so unreal. Without slash, axl has sounded great and never got any love or much respect.  Add slash, and GNR are top of the world.
Chinese songs with slash are recognized in an entirely different way.
It's all better because of slash from the mental point.
However, slash plays his own stuff and is basically the most recognizable guitarist in the last 35 years.  This is all a dream.

Axl deserves to be viewed for his greatness again, but it took slash to remind people.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »

It just feels and sounds like Guns N Roses again. The rest of the guys are lucky in that their instruments can be replaced and will always sound as good as they always did. Axl did a great job, his voice is class but it will never be as amazing as it was in the early days. Wear and tear on the vocal chords makes it harder to sound like he used to but still a great job! Well done Axl and good on The Foo Fighters lending Dave's throne. Hoping to hear Don't Damn Me on this tour

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »

No Slash does not make everything better one example is the TIl solo he maked worse.

Is great to have him back trought.  ok
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:15:31 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

This video illustrates everything that was great about GnR back in the day. The voice, the sound, the attitude http://youtu.be/Ov4zNwkmo_Y

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 03:01:36 PM »

Funny how for the better part of the last fifteen years people have been bashing Slash and the classic lineup on this very forum and now suddenly he "makes everything better"?  rofl

I'm not complaining though. I have nothing against Ashba, Bumble, or Buckethead and even though I used to think Fincks attempts on Slash's solos were mostly disastrous, he pulled off some great stuff on the Chinese Democracy album. But let's face it, Axl and Slash are like Jagger and Richards or Perry and Tyler. Theyre better together than they are separately. That's just the way it is.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »

Funny how for the better part of the last fifteen years people have been bashing Slash and the classic lineup on this very forum and now suddenly he "makes everything better"?  rofl

I'm not complaining though. I have nothing against Ashba, Bumble, or Buckethead and even though I used to think Fincks attempts on Slash's solos were mostly disastrous, he pulled off some great stuff on the Chinese Democracy album. But let's face it, Axl and Slash are like Jagger and Richards or Perry and Tyler. Theyre better together than they are separately. That's just the way it is.

😂👍

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »

Slash makes everything magic...Axl and Slash make everything big and phenomenal...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »

Slash has made  songs from CD much better and  has taken those songs to another level! 
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:55:43 PM »

Slash rocked!!  ok
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »

Slash has made  songs from CD much better and  has taken those songs to another level! 

Bucket Head maked the Nightrain outro his own and took to the outro to another level .

I dunno about Slash.. in fact he downgrade the TIL solo.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:13:43 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 04:07:40 PM »

Bucket Head maded the Nightrain outro his own and took to the outro to another level .

I dunno abought Slash.. in fact he downgrade the TIL solo.

I don't think so. It was clear that he'll have a different style than Robin. I'm fine with that.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »

I would imagine for Slash its still a little awkward to be back in the band again.  I never thought it would happen.  I've loved guns n roses since 1987.  Through the years and line up changes etc.  I would think at this point any of the former members from 1990 on are just that former members.  We have the core of guns n roses and maybe izzy will pop in at some point.  Steven who knows.  As far as others I wouldn't bet on it.  I think slash and Axl have a musical, and stage connection that few others ever get to.  (Jagger/Richards, Lennon/McCartney, etc...)does slash make it better, probably.  But look at Axl he seems so relaxed and happy.  Duff is duff a peacemaker and a great all around person.  I'm happy we've got this at least for now.  Who knows maybe it will be more or maybe more music at some point!  I never hated slash or duff I just always admired axl's attitude and his integrity. Here's to slash, Axl and duff....good luck and best wishes!  Dizzy, frank, Richard and Melissa will make the band that much better as well, we have the best version of guns n roses since 1993!

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »

Id really love to have a proper soundboard recording to judge Slash's tone and his arrangement for the CD songs better. I understand he played Bumblefoot's rhythm guitar riffs on Chinese (during the verses) and Bucket leads at the ending, but I really couldnt hear that well in the recordings we have so far.

Its funny the same way some people always said a different approach "can never be better than original". It goes both ways, you know.. Tongue

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 04:34:48 PM »

Bucket Head maked the Nightrain outro his own and took to the outro to another level .

I'm sorry, but  between Slash and Buckethead, who is known as an iconic guitarist??? I'm glad that Buckethead is gone!! A guy who wears a KFC bucket and sits in a chicken coop doesn't belong in a band like GNR.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 05:04:53 PM »

Slash is the reason the reviews are so unreal. Without slash, axl has sounded great and never got any love or much respect.  Add slash, and GNR are top of the world.
Chinese songs with slash are recognized in an entirely different way.
It's all better because of slash from the mental point.
However, slash plays his own stuff and is basically the most recognizable guitarist in the last 35 years.  This is all a dream.

Axl deserves to be viewed for his greatness again, but it took slash to remind people.

So true!

"Oh my God, Slash sounds so good"  "What a great job on This I Love"  "Slash makes everything sound so much better"  Not to mention positive concert reviews.  There is a difference, yes...but Buckethead, DJ, Ron, Robin, are all great musicians and never got the credit.  And Axl wasn't given credit either.  Now all of a sudden, everything is great.  NOBODY can tell me that Slash has and will make every song sound better.  Simply not true.  It's great to see both Axl and Slash together on stage again, but that doesn't mean everything necessarily sounds better.  There were/are songs the other guys played better.  Of course, it's early
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:11:05 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 05:08:30 PM »

Disagree. 

Other than the intro to Better, the song was performed better by the old guys in my opinion.  I also thought This I Love was performed much better in the past.

Don't let your love for Slash get in the way of your ears.  If it's not, than great...that's your opinion.  But it's hard for me to believe that doesn't play a part.  It happens with people and their love for Axl as well.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »

I'm sorry, but  between Slash and Buckethead, who is known as an iconic guitarist??? I'm glad that Buckethead is gone!! A guy who wears a KFC bucket and sits in a chicken coop doesn't belong in a band like GNR.

Draguns...who cares what someone wears or what they look like?  Is the music good or not?  Again, don't let your love for Slash get in the way of the music. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 05:12:44 PM »

We had the same discussion with Robins and Bucketheads versions of the old songs. It's all about personal taste, isn't it?

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: